Table of Organization

Guest Chicken Balls

Guest Chicken Balls

There is a rumor that they want to bring the number of Officers down to 43 on the HPD. It could be done, if you did away with the traffic squad and the Detective Bureau. Also bring back the officers that are on loan to the County and the DEA. Especially the DEA guy who wants to leave for a job with the prosecutors office. Then, you could put everyone on Patrol. The Officers would follow up on incidents as a part of job enlargement. You could also do away with the Deputy Chief's position. All this guy wants to do is to go to school. Hey Chief you thought putting the PBA President in the DB would shut him up. Well, you were wrong. Personalities are consistant. :rolleyes:

In regards to the HFD, merge them with East Newark volunteers and do away with a lot of their ranks.

Guest HPD Booster
There is a rumor that they want to bring the number of Officers down to 43 on the HPD. It could be done, if you did away with the traffic squad and the Detective Bureau. Also bring back the officers that are on loan to the County and the DEA. Especially the DEA guy who wants to leave for a job with the prosecutors office. Then, you could put everyone on Patrol. The Officers would follow up on incidents as a part of job enlargement. You could also do away with the Deputy Chief's position. All this guy wants to do is to go to school. Hey Chief you thought putting the PBA President in the DB would shut him up. Well, you were wrong. Personalities are consistant. :rolleyes:

In regards to the HFD, merge them with East Newark volunteers and do away with a lot of their ranks.

Hey "CB". All you did was hide in the tall grass when you were on the HPD. Here's what I say, keep the TO at 56 Officers. You need the traffic and DB. And, Union City, another Town that is getting aid from the state, just promoted 11 Officers. How come Harrison hasn't promoted anyone? It's is a shame that guys who came out on top were not made. The Police should be the last dept. to cut. Take a look at Puiblic Works and the HFD first. Especially the HFD with their many ranks.

Guest Guest

You sound like just like the cop I overheard crying in DD that was not choosen to go to the DEA, that's right you were more qualified than him something like that. Let me guess which cry baby you are; You work days, very overweight and not to bright and always complaining about something. Go get another coffee and a box of donuts!!!!. I'am not a fan of the PBA or the past PBA president and the new president but they always stick up and fight for their men!!!!! Also just look at the guys that showed up fot the last meeting,most of them have nothing to worry about, but they were there were YOU????????

Guest Inspector Closeu
You sound like just like the cop I overheard crying in DD that was not choosen to go to the DEA, that's right you were more qualified than him something like that. Let me guess which cry baby you are; You work days, very overweight and not to bright and always complaining about something. Go get another coffee and a box of donuts!!!!. I'am not a fan of the PBA or the past PBA president and the new president but they always stick up and fight for their men!!!!! Also just look at the guys that showed up fot the last meeting,most of them have nothing to worry about, but they were there were YOU????????

Dunkin Donuts should stop giving them free coffee and donuts. They have a hard time getting out of their Patrol Cars. The Chief says he doesn't have enough Officers, yet he assigns one to the DEA and another to Hudson County. Does that make sense? The DB is nothing more then PBA HQ's. When's the last time they soved a crime? The cars are falling apart. What happened to the lease program where they replaced cars every year? Doesn't Kearns know how to manage? He has always complained about manpower even when he was a squad commander. Better have the Officers sign in and out with their palmprints like the KPD does. That way no one leaves early, especially with the overlapping shifts.

Guest Billy the Kid
Dunkin Donuts should stop giving them free coffee and donuts. They have a hard time getting out of their Patrol Cars. The Chief says he doesn't have enough Officers, yet he assigns one to the DEA and another to Hudson County. Does that make sense? The DB is nothing more then PBA HQ's. When's the last time they soved a crime? The cars are falling apart. What happened to the lease program where they replaced cars every year? Doesn't Kearns know how to manage? He has always complained about manpower even when he was a squad commander. Better have the Officers sign in and out with their palmprints like the KPD does. That way no one leaves early, especially with the overlapping shifts.

I glad to see that the "hocked on Phoinex" self-help CD's are working for you!!! LOL

Guest Guest

#1 The Chief of Police in essence Works FOR the County Proescutor. When the Prosecutor says "Send us someone" It's is as much of an order as a request. #2. Assigning a guy to DEA HELPS the department, as a portion of the value of every seizure (Drugs, cars or cash) Goes directly back to the PD.

Sounds more like Sour Grapes from some dipwads who couldnt make the Cut to get into those details. LOTS of balls here on the internet but Liiiitle tiny ones on the street..which is WHY they dont get the good jobs.

Guest Dickie Deux

You must be kidding me? Reducing the force to 43!!!

You need a Detective Bureau, you need a Traffic Safety Division, and you don't give up a Deputy Chief position. The PBA president is doing his job, both as a detective and as the union rep, and he did a great job speaking up for ALL members of the department at the April town council meeting.

By the way, Chicken Balls could have never written the earlier post. He would have had to ask the mayor for permission, because he never would have done it on his own. He doesn't want to lose his 1.5 hour/day job with the Bd. of Ed at $40K a year. This will help pad his two other pensions. Remember, personalities are consitent :rolleyes:

Guest Mr. Wonderful
#1 The Chief of Police in essence Works FOR the County Proescutor. When the Prosecutor says "Send us someone" It's is as much of an order as a request. #2. Assigning a guy to DEA HELPS the department, as a portion of the value of every seizure (Drugs, cars or cash) Goes directly back to the PD.

Sounds more like Sour Grapes from some dipwads who couldnt make the Cut to get into those details. LOTS of balls here on the internet but Liiiitle tiny ones on the street..which is WHY they dont get the good jobs.

The Chief works for the appointing authority which is the Mayor, not the prosecutor. If there is a shortage of manpower, just state your case and you won't have to send anyone. Now, the Officer assigned to the DEA, at the end of the year total up what it costs the Town for his salary and benefits, and you will see that the money that comes back won't equal that. Check his application ** *** ********* ****** ************ ******. :rolleyes: ** ** ******* ** *** ***. The reason why he was sent to the DEA is because he was * **** ** *** *** when he was PBA President and they wanted to get rid of him. Please, Please, Please, let the Prosecuitor's Office take him. It won't be Harrison's loss.

Guest Guest

I agree you also need a Juvenile Bureau/Comunity Police Unit. As far the Officers in the school maybe the BOE should pay a portion of if not all of their salary. Maybe instead of venting on here you should have attended PBA Meetings when the DEA guy was the President and voiced your displeasure with him and now you should attend PBA meeting and open your mouth in the open meeting. Instead of holding court elsewhere, that's right you are more qualified then him. Correct me if I'am wrong didn't I see the DEA guy at last Council Meeting with his UNION BROTHERS to show a sign of unity, where were you, I guess he is not afraid like you.

Both the past and present Presidents did outsatandng jobs as Detectives and Leaders of the PBA.

Guest nutcracker

yeah sure! dream on! :)

Guest Guest
The Chief works for the appointing authority which is the Mayor, not the prosecutor. If there is a shortage of manpower, just state your case and you won't have to send anyone. Now, the Officer assigned to the DEA, at the end of the year total up what it costs the Town for his salary and benefits, and you will see that the money that comes back won't equal that. Check his application ** *** ********* ****** ************ ******. :blink: ** ** ******* ** *** ***. The reason why he was sent to the DEA is because he was * **** ** *** *** when he was PBA President and they wanted to get rid of him. Please, Please, Please, let the Prosecuitor's Office take him. It won't be Harrison's loss.

I'am not a cop but I know of the guy you are referring to. Do you blame him for seeking employment elsewhere. Also check you facts the funds seized have already passed his salary. When the money clears maybe they will bye you a spell check (Prosecuitor's) come on your cop and can't spell that word. It won't be a loss! How may Search Warrants have you prepared and executed. Love him or hate him, he is a good cop and was a fine President. Alot big balls on the internet and little itty bitty ones on the street and in person tell him to his face.

Guest McGruff

Yeah! He has big mouth and is opinionated but he is a stand up guy and is the type of cop you want around if something is going to go down, not like some of these guys there now.

Guest Concerned Citizen
The Chief works for the appointing authority which is the Mayor, not the prosecutor. If there is a shortage of manpower, just state your case and you won't have to send anyone. Now, the Officer assigned to the DEA, at the end of the year total up what it costs the Town for his salary and benefits, and you will see that the money that comes back won't equal that. Check his application ** *** ********* ****** ************ ******. :blink: ** ** ******* ** *** ***. The reason why he was sent to the DEA is because he was * **** ** *** *** when he was PBA President and they wanted to get rid of him. Please, Please, Please, let the Prosecuitor's Office take him. It won't be Harrison's loss.

Are you seriously freakin kidding me? There should be 50 cops like him. You're completely out of your mind if you think the Town of Harrison doesn't benefit from officers like the one you speak of. How many people have the ball to actually stand up to the politicians that constantly put the officers of this town down. Yet still support the residents of this town and his fellow officers. He may not be working in this town but be sure he is certainly involved with all that goes on as if he was still in here. Find something else to complain about for once. When you're in need of an officer and the town has doubled in residents and there aren't enough officers to be there when you need one then let’s hear what you have to say. I think it's a damn shame that the HPD has to rely on funds this officer brings in because we live in a town that doesn't support the police department. Wake up we're 10 seconds from Newark they've had how many shootings in the past week???? Think about that before you start typing nonsense on this site. As for the fire department....Yes we are extremely lucky we don't have many fires in this town but fighting fires is not the only thing we need out fire department for. How would you feel if a family member of yours was in need of emergency medical treatment in the middle of the day (when most volunteers are at their regular jobs) and didn't get the immediate attention they needed and died. I see so many people bash the police and fire yet no one seems to worry about the mayor having 2 secretaries or the numerous people cleaning the town hall. Why such a large water department if our water comes from Passaic Valley. Street Department??? Come on do we really need that many people driving around wasting money on gas doing absolutely nothing? How about the School system? Do we really need 2 assistant Superintendants? We are a 1 square mile town. How many Superintends does the city of NY have? Yeah that's what I thought. I just hope you wake up one day and realize how ignorant you are. I certainly hope you never have to eat your words and find yourself or a member of your family in need of a police officer, fireman or EMT. It would be very sad if it came to something like that for you to wake up and stop bashing the people that are here to protect our daily lives in this town.

Guest One Who Knows

Why did the Chief ask the DCA to do a survey of the HPD?. They will come up with a number that is lower then the present number of cops. When they first came in, they wanted to drop the number of officers to 43, but that was fought by the Chief at that time and the number was set at 56 plus 7 dispatchers. Then, they replaced some of the Traffic Safety Unit with meter maids. There is nothing else they can lower. Keep the force at 56 Officers. If the redevelopment is completed thay will need them all. The PBA, and FOP were right to speak up. Good job Jimmy Mac and Tommy C. Continue to fight against any layoffs on the HPD. The DCA will back down and give the money to keep the PD at full strength. Just look at Camden. They disregard anything the DCA wants and continue to recruit, promote and give overtime. :blink:

Guest guest
Why did the Chief ask the DCA to do a survey of the HPD?. They will come up with a number that is lower then the present number of cops. When they first came in, they wanted to drop the number of officers to 43, but that was fought by the Chief at that time and the number was set at 56 plus 7 dispatchers. Then, they replaced some of the Traffic Safety Unit with meter maids. There is nothing else they can lower. Keep the force at 56 Officers. If the redevelopment is completed thay will need them all. The PBA, and FOP were right to speak up. Good job Jimmy Mac and Tommy C. Continue to fight against any layoffs on the HPD. The DCA will back down and give the money to keep the PD at full strength. Just look at Camden. They disregard anything the DCA wants and continue to recruit, promote and give overtime. :blink:

I believe there are at least 10 dispatchers.

Guest yea k
Are you seriously freakin kidding me? There should be 50 cops like him. You're completely out of your mind if you think the Town of Harrison doesn't benefit from officers like the one you speak of. How many people have the ball to actually stand up to the politicians that constantly put the officers of this town down. Yet still support the residents of this town and his fellow officers. He may not be working in this town but be sure he is certainly involved with all that goes on as if he was still in here. Find something else to complain about for once. When you're in need of an officer and the town has doubled in residents and there aren't enough officers to be there when you need one then let’s hear what you have to say. I think it's a damn shame that the HPD has to rely on funds this officer brings in because we live in a town that doesn't support the police department. Wake up we're 10 seconds from Newark they've had how many shootings in the past week???? Think about that before you start typing nonsense on this site. As for the fire department....Yes we are extremely lucky we don't have many fires in this town but fighting fires is not the only thing we need out fire department for. How would you feel if a family member of yours was in need of emergency medical treatment in the middle of the day (when most volunteers are at their regular jobs) and didn't get the immediate attention they needed and died. I see so many people bash the police and fire yet no one seems to worry about the mayor having 2 secretaries or the numerous people cleaning the town hall. Why such a large water department if our water comes from Passaic Valley. Street Department??? Come on do we really need that many people driving around wasting money on gas doing absolutely nothing? How about the School system? Do we really need 2 assistant Superintendants? We are a 1 square mile town. How many Superintends does the city of NY have? Yeah that's what I thought. I just hope you wake up one day and realize how ignorant you are. I certainly hope you never have to eat your words and find yourself or a member of your family in need of a police officer, fireman or EMT. It would be very sad if it came to something like that for you to wake up and stop bashing the people that are here to protect our daily lives in this town.

you seriously need to think your words, it's obvious your a dear old friend to these people or your lacking your bi-polar medicine! the fire dept are fat arrogrant slobs who are there collecting fat salaries. save lives? yea ok!!!!!!!!!the other town depts they are there for election security. DUH

Guest yea k

you seriously need to think your words, it's obvious your a dear old friend to these people or your lacking your bi-polar medicine! the fire dept are fat arrogrant slobs who are there collecting fat salaries. save lives? yea ok!!!!!!!!!the other town depts they are there for election security. DUH

Guest yea no

you think? i mean, is mcmoldy willing to lose his votes and he's friends over a few qts? :)

Guest One Who Knows
I believe there are at least 10 dispatchers.

The extra dispatchers came later when the HPD took over dispatching duties for the HFD. That allowed the fireman who was manning the desk to respond to fires.

Guest Guest

Pick on any dept. and you have a case Pick on the Fire Dept. you are in need of medication and quickly!

I am hoping you and yours are healthy all the time because if you needed their help in an emergency you would really look for them to get to you quickly and I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT!They saved many a life including MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
You must be kidding me? Reducing the force to 43!!!

You need a Detective Bureau, you need a Traffic Safety Division, and you don't give up a Deputy Chief position. The PBA president is doing his job, both as a detective and as the union rep, and he did a great job speaking up for ALL members of the department at the April town council meeting.

By the way, Chicken Balls could have never written the earlier post. He would have had to ask the mayor for permission, because he never would have done it on his own. He doesn't want to lose his 1.5 hour/day job with the Bd. of Ed at $40K a year. This will help pad his two other pensions. Remember, personalities are consitent :excl:

Hey Dickie Deux, who is this character named "chicken balls"? Are you telling us that he has 2 pensions and had another job with the B of Ed paying $40,000, Where are his other pensions from? Could it be that he is making more in pensions and pay then Peter the 3rd?

Guest Guest
Hey Dickie Deux, who is this character named "chicken balls"? Are you telling us that he has 2 pensions and had another job with the B of Ed paying $40,000, Where are his other pensions from? Could it be that he is making more in pensions and pay then Peter the 3rd?
I'll give you a hint! He is a former ******* *****.

Guest 4th Warder

Shouldn't Councilman Doran answer these questions? Isn't he Police Commissioner who can really fill us in on how many Policeman we need? Help us Jim.

Guest Number 1
Shouldn't Councilman Doran answer these questions? Isn't he Police Commissioner who can really fill us in on how many Policeman we need? Help us Jim.

Guest One

Do you really think this person knows anything about police work? He's not a PC, he's only the chairman of the police committee. The PD is a lot different then the schools. He's used to a more gentile atmosphere. The Police Chief should determine how many Officers are needed according to many factors. :unsure: