trash/recycling pick up

Guest Joe

I have noticed a problem lately. I find that when trash and recycling are picked up there is often a mess in front of my house. Last week I saw the recycling truck pull up. The worker accidently knocked over a small container with cans in it. He picked up most but left some. To top it off when he continued down the street he saw a can in the road picked it up and instead of tossing it in the truck tossed it on the sidewalk. I would never think of doing such a thing and to think I am paying him to do it infuriates me.

Please let me know if you find this to be true as well. I certainly do not appreciate town employees disregarding their jobs like this. Also I contacted the recycling dept. about this requesting them to contact me and they have yet to do so.

Thanks for allowing me to rant but some feel " nothing said , nothing wrong" Well I would like to shine a light on this problem.

Guest *Spanky*

I can't agree more. I watched them pick up the recycling on my block yesterday. They dumped the garbage and then threw the pails. Twice the pails hit parked cars not to mention all the bottles and cans that were left all over the street.

It's a shame that you can't even find good garbage men anymore