Today's Jersey Journal

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Check out the "Political insider" section. It appears even the Dem. allies in County Governent are growing concerned with the shenanigans involved with the re-development. If this group of cut throat Pols has reservations about conflicts of interests that Harrison Officials are involved in, look out somethings up!

Guest *Harrisonian*
Check out the "Political insider" section. It appears even the Dem. allies in County Governent are growing concerned with the shenanigans involved with the re-development. If this group of cut throat Pols has reservations about conflicts of interests that Harrison Officials are involved in, look out somethings up!

Peter B., our guy, everywhere, that SUV of his must never stops. Maybe the county Dems. smell something. I'm sure they're wise to Pete & The Forty Thieves. It's interesting to digest the numbers they throw around with this calamity Pete has master-minded. Wait til the law suits come rolling in, what financial Mumbo-Jumbo will Pete be able to manufacture?

Guest Hudson

What can be brewing ? We have honest Pete at the helm. If something, any thing was wrong the Feds whould have found it already. Their, warching him right?

What do those Freeholders know. Pete is only doing whats best for all the County. He places himself last and only gets paid what we're dumb enough to pay him. Remember his saying, "He does not make the rules!"

I hope, the County studies this one real close.

Good job of reporting by Mr. Agustin Torres of the Jersey Journel. More reporting like that would go a long way towards making Hudson County a better place to live.

Guest JUDGE

Will it bring amaral back?

http://www.nj.com/columns/jjournal/insider...coll=3#continue

Keep looking and I'm sure they can find a lot more unusual accounting . I can't believe the people in Harrison put up with this garbage. I can't believe the state does'nt step in and throw all of the people involved in jail. I bet you a few of these politicians have accounts in the Cayman Islands!

Guest Patrick

Keep looking and I'm sure they can find a lot more unusual accounting . I can't believe the people in Harrison put up with this garbage. I can't believe the state does'nt step in and throw all of the people involved in jail. I bet you a few of these politicians have accounts in the Cayman Islands!

It's a shame - it really is.

The extra 8 mil taken out of the PILOT money? Why don't they just give it all back to the developers now. You know they will eventually. The rest of us - HARRISONIANS (not to be confused with the HARRISON HEIGHTS residents) will be on the hook for ever more money to pay for all the infrastructure ( additions, upgrades, service, maintenance and obsolescence) cost. Add payroll and pension and health and and and and and and................

Forget the "path" parking lot that will serve close to 100% "non- resident" vehicles - get ready for the parking lot that will become most all streets in town. Why? Because it isn't nearly there now?

Additional over population with no (viable) plan for egress.

We can just use those PILOT funds to make a new access route into the development area from the only place it is possible - 1st St ....etc etc etc.

Too late - gave it all away. First the town and now the relatively small compensation received in exchange. (( yes I know it is more than 8 mil, but "relative" to the cost the town will incur for years to come - hardly enough ))

I have lived here for quite a long time......I had planned to live here for quite some time longer. I don't think I will be able to afford it. Besides by the time the "redevelopment" will be finished (and I have put up with all the aggravation and cost) I will be ready to retire.

I should plan for that now, (before, I'm broke), instead. Maybe South Jersey........ anyone know the way?

It's a shame - it really is.

The extra 8 mil taken out of the PILOT money? Why don't they just give it all back to the developers now. You know they will eventually. The rest of us - HARRISONIANS (not to be confused with the HARRISON HEIGHTS residents) will be on the hook for ever more money to pay for all the infrastructure ( additions, upgrades, service, maintenance and obsolescence) cost. Add payroll and pension and health and and and and and and................

Forget the "path" parking lot that will serve close to 100% "non- resident" vehicles - get ready for the parking lot that will become most all streets in town. Why? Because it isn't nearly there now?

Additional over population with no (viable) plan for egress.

We can just use those PILOT funds to make a new access route into the development area from the only place it is possible - 1st St ....etc etc etc.

Too late - gave it all away. First the town and now the relatively small compensation received in exchange. (( yes I know it is more than 8 mil, but "relative" to the cost the town will incur for years to come - hardly enough ))

I have lived here for quite a long time......I had planned to live here for quite some time longer. I don't think I will be able to afford it. Besides by the time the "redevelopment" will be finished (and I have put up with all the aggravation and cost) I will be ready to retire.

I should plan for that now, (before, I'm broke), instead. Maybe South Jersey........ anyone know the way?

Guest Anyone Know?

Who did Augie Torres mean when he wrote:

It was pointed out that some members of the Harrison council had conflicts of interest, including a couple of elected council members who work for a local real estate agency that was hired by the developer.

Yesterday, at a caucus of the Board of Freeholders, Peter B. Higgins, III, chairman of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency, said that a former state Supreme Court judge was asked to review the conflict-of-interest issue.

Guest A4CC73

It was pointed out that some members of the Harrison council had conflicts of interest, including a couple of elected council members who work for a local real estate agency that was hired by the developer.

Yesterday, at a caucus of the Board of Freeholders, Peter B. Higgins, III, chairman of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency, said that a former state Supreme Court judge was asked to review the conflict-of-interest issue.

I would take a wild guess and say Harrison Realty, Jesus and Jim Duh, they have exclusive rights to sell for the developers right????? then there is Fife who is a member of the Redevelopment Agency and also works for HR, go figure, why were thery allowed to vote on any of these projects????? they are making lots of money on this redevelopment...... Check out the article coming out soon on this corruption of members of the board of Redevelopment and Councilmen making decisions that will benefit them big time....

Guest Guest

Yesterday, at a caucus of the Board of Freeholders, Peter B. Higgins, III, chairman of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency, said that a former state Supreme Court judge was asked to review the conflict-of-interest issue. Higgins said rather than wait for a report on the review, the town decided to ask the county panel to approve the general market bonding through the HCIA to speed up the project.

Several freeholders had some misgivings. Freeholder Bill O'Dea voiced their concerns when he asked the HCIA for more details in the contracts between the town and the developer.

"At the end of the day, the county doesn't want to be on the hook. ," O'Dea said, citing the difficult economy. "What if the developer decides not to go ahead with the housing?"

What may be of concern to freeholders is the HCIA land acquisition cost of $9.6 million for the 2.91 acre site, which comes out to about $3.3 million an acre. It is 32 percent more than the nearly $2.5 million per acre average appraisal for the land when it was acquired through eminent domain.

When :lol: Higgins :ninja: was in charge of the school deal

what did the board of ed get for the lots it sold

down at the old stadium .um um um . was that price under cut on purpose.

where did that $$$ go....

( After all Castano got 300k for his proposed parking lot)

was it good enough to put Higgins in charge of school construction ,

now town development too ???? nominate to HCIA ???? :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Guest

NO ITS COSTA RICA STUPID!!!!!

Jimmy and Jesus work at Harrison Realty.

Guest Come Clean Committee

Commander Doran, Harrison reality!

Guest Anyone Know?
Jimmy and Jesus work at Harrison Realty.

Then what is their conflict? Have they started selling units in Harrison Commons already? I don't think so because I haven't seen Harrison Commons in the Observer or Jersey Journal. What else is there?

Guest Ponderer
Then what is their conflict? Have they started selling units in Harrison Commons already? I don't think so because I haven't seen Harrison Commons in the Observer or Jersey Journal. What else is there?

How very odd that no one can answer this. It can't just be having a realtor's license. That wouldn't give rise to the hiring of a Supreme Court judge.