Republicans desperate to run against Clinton

Guest McCain is insane

Guest McCain is insane

Make sure they don't get what they want. When you see McCain's supporters pushing so hard to try and get Clinton nominated, you can tell they REALLY don't want to run against Obama.

Give them what they don't want--give them a candidate they've got nothing on. Give them Barack Obama.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clinton Rising
Make sure they don't get what they want. When you see McCain's supporters pushing so hard to try and get Clinton nominated, you can tell they REALLY don't want to run against Obama.

Give them what they don't want--give them a candidate they've got nothing on. Give them Barack Obama.

I almost fell off my chair. A poll released today conducted by FOX News has Clinton beating McCain. Fox News' results are linked below. Clinton is the one candidate who Republicans desperately don't want to lose to; based on this poll, she may very well make their worst fears come true.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/032008_release_web.pdf

Guest Guest
I almost fell off my chair. A poll released today conducted by FOX News has Clinton beating McCain. Fox News' results are linked below. Clinton is the one candidate who Republicans desperately don't want to lose to; based on this poll, she may very well make their worst fears come true.

If Republicans are so fearful of losing they're pretty damn stupid nominating such a defender of the current regime's policies.

Guest Guest

The polls also have Obama beating McCain by a wider margin, and that's after a bad two weeks. There is one political superstar running this election cycle. His name is Barack Obama. If he wins, he will be an historic president - someone who moves us past the ugliness and division that has characterized our politics for too long. If he does not win, we will have wasted a tremendous opportunity.

Guest Guest

lol, FOX News. Give me a poll from a real news source saying that and we'll talk.

Guest a proud american
lol, FOX News. Give me a poll from a real news source saying that and we'll talk.

Actually, I wouldn't put a whole lot of emphasis on any of the polls. One week Hillary is beating Mc Cain, the next week it's the opposite. The same with Obama. Tuesday Hillary was leading Obama by 6 points, today Obama leads by 4. Who knows what next week will bring.

Once the Democrats (my party) quit arguing over who has the most delegates and who is more electable and Florida and Michigan should be counted and pick a nominee, then things should settle down. Until then polls are meaningless.

Guest Clinton Rising?
The polls also have Obama beating McCain by a wider margin, and that's after a bad two weeks. There is one political superstar running this election cycle. His name is Barack Obama. If he wins, he will be an historic president - someone who moves us past the ugliness and division that has characterized our politics for too long. If he does not win, we will have wasted a tremendous opportunity.

No, not the most recent tracking Gallup poll and the same FOX News poll has McCain ahead of Obama by +1.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20..._obama-225.html

Although statistically insignificant, there is a clear reversal in Clinton/Obama national numbers.

Obama is no longer the rock star candidate.

Guest Guest
No, not the most recent tracking Gallup poll and the same FOX News poll has McCain ahead of Obama by +1.

Although statistically insignificant, there is a clear reversal in Clinton/Obama national numbers.

No, he still is the only rock star in the race. He had two bad weeks, but when Bill Richardson abandons Clinton after being a Clinton cabinet member, and says Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime leader, there's no question that Obama is the rock star in this race. Look at how the race is being covered. All the attention, positive and negative, is centered on Obama. He is the only candidate who has a chance of pulling the country together. The worst that will happen is that we'll have an intelligent and articulate president again, with a solid core of advisers, who understands the essential needs our country faces.

As for the numbers, if this is the best Clinton can do after the two worst weeks of Obama's campaign, then she can't break through the ceiling she needs to break through to win. She should have had this wrapped up a long time ago. As it is, she's hanging on by pure stubbornness, and only by the skin of her teeth. Her husband is diminishing his own legacy in his desperation to become the first dude. It's not going to work.

Guest Radagast

Obama has to lose the 'rock star' status eventually and early is better than later, IMHO. If, as it appears, there will be no accomodations made to seat the FL & MI delegations at the convention, it's pretty much over for Clinton. It looks like she lost Texas after all is said and done and even if she has a reasonable showing in PA and IN, she still comes up short. Even the Supers look like they're breaking for Obama.

This whole mangled mess that has been made out of the Presidential Primaries leading to Iowa having it's caucaus two days after New Years needs to be addressed. However, like the Electoral College we will likely continue live with a flawed system for many more years.

Guest Clinton Rising?
No, he still is the only rock star in the race. He had two bad weeks, but when Bill Richardson abandons Clinton after being a Clinton cabinet member, and says Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime leader, there's no question that Obama is the rock star in this race. Look at how the race is being covered. All the attention, positive and negative, is centered on Obama. He is the only candidate who has a chance of pulling the country together. The worst that will happen is that we'll have an intelligent and articulate president again, with a solid core of advisers, who understands the essential needs our country faces.

As for the numbers, if this is the best Clinton can do after the two worst weeks of Obama's campaign, then she can't break through the ceiling she needs to break through to win. She should have had this wrapped up a long time ago. As it is, she's hanging on by pure stubbornness, and only by the skin of her teeth. Her husband is diminishing his own legacy in his desperation to become the first dude. It's not going to work.

You honestly think the Richardson endorsement makes any difference? Kennedy couldn't deliver Massachussetts to Obama and Richardson won't deliver any significant voting block. There's a list of ex-Clinton offiicials who have become Obama-maniacs. I think it's more indicative of a "fair weather" fan and self-interestedness on the part of many of those endorsers. If Clinton pulls off a minor miracle and wins, all those Obama-maniacs will come groveling back. At the end of the day, endorsers don't have next to no impact.

The luster is off. Obama is now damaged by association with his 20 year pastor's vocal support of anti-Americanism, false statements on 9/11 and AIDS, and anti-White statements. Just words? Obama never spoke out against this until there was over a million hits on YouTube and an endless replay on cable television.

Check the polls again. The trend away from Obama continues to grow, with today's Rasmussen poll.

Obama will probably survive anything except an extremely strong trend going against him.

With more delegates than Clinton and the appeal to the popular vote (not to minimize the potential alienation of black voters), tremendous pressure exists on the DNC to name Obama its nominee.

The question now is how much damage will Clinton do to Obama between now and the convention in her attempt to capture the nomination for herself (she does have a slim outside chance at the nomination if Obama is perceived as damaged goods between Wright and Rezko).

So far the two have succeeded in making McCain look very good by comparison. Here's to more of the same. :)