Bush slaps Congress

Guest Patriot

Could be because he's unwilling to take the unsubstantiated word of the guy who has a vested interest in the "method."

I suppose so, but that approach seems kind of silly to one like me who, having read the associated material, knows that Kiriacou thinks in retrospect that the waterboarding is torture and that perhaps we shouldn't be doing it.

Does that sound like a vested interest to you?

If all those plots were foiled, don't you think we would have heard about it from other sources?

What makes you think you haven't heard it from other sources?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest a proud american
That's not up to me, and that's not my argument. One of your doofus compadres (or perhaps a sock puppet) said that waterboarding doesn't work. I showed that a former CIA agent said that it works. I get replies to the effect that your side knew that already and I don't know a thing about waterboarding. Whatever! ;)

The question is why you'd be so pathetic as to try to make it appear relevant that I personally experience waterboarding. I suspect it is because you know that your argument is a failure despite the fact that you're too proud to admit it (insight into your nickname, perhaps).

About what, just to help ensure that your mind hasn't wandered?

I already proved my point, which is that a CIA guy says waterboarding works. Perhaps you should share what you thought my point was so we can see where you went awry.

Well, if the Army Field Manual prohibits waterboarding then waterboarding could not possibly be effective.

Is that it? I'll hold off on the laughter until you confirm what it is you were trying to say, pathetic american.

You can't be serious. I guess you really can't grasp what I'm trying to tell you. The Army Filed Manual does not allow for water boarding because it violates the UCMJ you must have heard of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. And please, in the future if you're going to call me pathetic american, I would prefer you call me a Viet Nam pathetic american. It sounds better to me because, unlike you I actually served in the Military.

Guest Patriot
You can't be serious. I guess you really can't grasp what I'm trying to tell you. The Army Filed Manual does not allow for water boarding because it violates the UCMJ you must have heard of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. And please, in the future if you're going to call me pathetic american, I would prefer you call me a Viet Nam pathetic american. It sounds better to me because, unlike you I actually served in the Military.

Pay attention, "proud" american and I'll get you squared away. The UCMJ was written with conventional warfare in mind, not for terrorism. It's not

a "one size fits all" book. Your Viet Nam experience is totally foreign to today's terrorist threat. I support water boarding if that's what it takes to get

critical information in a timely fashion. For someone with a military background, your "play nice with the bad guys" attitude just boggles my mind.

Fanatical terrorists that willingly behead civilians and blow up malls are not impressed by the UCMJ.

For reasons that you must be a bleeding heart leftist to understand, following the "rules" is more important than winning and saving american lives.

Here's the bottom line; you leftists hide under your beds and bemoan how awful we're treating terrorists and the Patriots will take care of business.

Semper Fi

You can't be serious. I guess you really can't grasp what I'm trying to tell you.

Perhaps you should consider trying to communicate your ideas coherently?

The Army Filed Manual does not allow for water boarding because it violates the UCMJ you must have heard of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Sure. Now give us a citation in support of your claim, or else you'll continue to appear pathetic.

And please, in the future if you're going to call me pathetic american, I would prefer you call me a Viet Nam pathetic american. It sounds better to me because, unlike you I actually served in the Military.

Thanks for your service to the nation. But sorry, you've earned the nickname with your posts regardless of your past service.

Guest Truthteller
Pay attention, "proud" american and I'll get you squared away. The UCMJ was written with conventional warfare in mind, not for terrorism. It's not

a "one size fits all" book. Your Viet Nam experience is totally foreign to today's terrorist threat. I support water boarding if that's what it takes to get

critical information in a timely fashion. For someone with a military background, your "play nice with the bad guys" attitude just boggles my mind.

Fanatical terrorists that willingly behead civilians and blow up malls are not impressed by the UCMJ.

For reasons that you must be a bleeding heart leftist to understand, following the "rules" is more important than winning and saving american lives.

Here's the bottom line; you leftists hide under your beds and bemoan how awful we're treating terrorists and the Patriots will take care of business.

Semper Fi

Unlike you, Pathetic American has never given us any evidence that he was in the military. The fact that he wants to treat terrorist scum like his long-lost brother proves that he knows nothing about patriotism. You have to fight fire with fire.

Guest Keith
Unlike you, Pathetic American has never given us any evidence that he was in the military. The fact that he wants to treat terrorist scum like his long-lost brother proves that he knows nothing about patriotism. You have to fight fire with fire.

Well,well,well....It looks like 2smartPatriotBushbacker have rolled themselves into one single idiot! Great! It will be easier to make fun of you.

Guest Guest
Unlike you, Pathetic American has never given us any evidence that he was in the military.

PatRat has never given any evidence that he was in the military, stupid. In fact, he specifically ignores specific questions about that, very suspiciously.

Scumbag liar.

Guest Guest

And you think the REMF PatRat has given any evidence of either being in the military OR knowing what patriotism means?

Guest 2smart4u
Well,well,well....It looks like 2smartPatriotBushbacker have rolled themselves into one single idiot! Great! It will be easier to make fun of you.

The Loonys are so enamored with themselves that they think more than one person couldn't possibly disagree with their looniness. Gotta love it!

Guest Patriot
PatRat has never given any evidence that he was in the military, stupid. In fact, he specifically ignores specific questions about that, very suspiciously.

Scumbag liar.

What a moronic statement. How would you propose I provide evidence. In the Marines we call people like you "dipshits". Semper Fi.

The Loonys are so enamored with themselves that they think more than one person couldn't possibly disagree with their looniness. Gotta love it!

A valid criticism. Why not direct it at the idiot and hypocrite who authored these gems as well:

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=75988

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=74043

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=81059

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=82259

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=72511

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=72001

Guest a proud american

Actually, I answered that question a long time ago. And although Patriot and I don't agree on much, I don't doubt his service either. I was responding to the proffesors comments on water boarding. At-least patriot has confirmed that it is, in fact in the UCMJ.

Now he says that it wasn't written for this kind of war. Well then stop calling it a war on terror and call it something else that would be more suitable like the battle over good versus evil. The UCMJ was written for a purpose. That purpose may not satisfy you, but until it's changed it is what it is.

Guest Guest
What a moronic statement. How would you propose I provide evidence. In the Marines we call people like you "dipshits". Semper Fi.

In the real world we call wankers like you "Semper Liars"

Guest *Autonomous*

You could always tell what unit you were in like I did.

Guest a proud american
Let's have a pool!

I'm guessing he was in Section 8 :lol:

Patriot, you know we disagree on this war in Iraq, but I don't doubt that you are a Veteran. You told me you were a logistics officer in Da Nang and I have no reason to doubt that. I've had my patriotism questioned many times because of my views on Iraq, and thats fine with me. But folks, never doubt his service. Call him names if you will but not his service.

Guest Truth Squad
Patriot, you know we disagree on this war in Iraq, but I don't doubt that you are a Veteran. You told me you were a logistics officer in Da Nang and I have no reason to doubt that. I've had my patriotism questioned many times because of my views on Iraq, and thats fine with me. But folks, never doubt his service. Call him names if you will but not his service.

So-called "Patriot's" disrespect toward others earns him their contempt. When you throw stones, stones will be thrown back.

Guest *Autonomous*

It took a while for me to be skeptical of his service, even though it is SOP for warmongering trolls to claim military service. However, one incident caused my doubt.

Since day one Patriot has not only doubted but outright said that I was lying about my military service. He tried to 'catch' me by saying that someone could not have served in both Vietnam and Iraq as they would be too old. I not only proved him wrong but also pointed out that I never said I was in Vietnam-I wasn't even born yet.

Now keep in mind that I've given my unit, MOS, training history, and dates of deployment. None of which he has.

The incident that caused my doubt was during my 'deployment' last September. For those who don't remember, I was mistakenly listed as IRR instead of HD and received deployment orders. Since I had all of my papers in order, all that happened was that I had to spend some time at Camp Robinson. Now, my Mother-in-Law (Conservative Mommy) was gleeful of course, but I expected that. What I didn't expect was this:

"Typical government incompetence" ?? With that attitude it's no wonder you're

an E-3. Probably work in the motor pool.

Source:

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?showtopic=15419

Now this was a tough time for my wife. Her biological mother (Conservative Mommy) was wanting to move back in while I was gone and was barely concealing her joy at my absence. My business had taken months to recover from my first deployment and we were doubtful that it could survive another. She called me in tears over that thread. I have my doubts that a real Marine would ever say such a thing-especially one who had been deployed in combat. Marines have honor.

Now I'm not saying that he definitely didn't serve-but I am skeptical. These days (especially on the internet) a LOT of people want some of the glory of military service. A real veteran knows how to expose them-they won't ever tell their MOS or unit. Patriot's own actions have caused skepticism, and his inability to answer the simplest questions about his service doesn't exactly put said skepticism to rest.

Guest Patriot
It took a while for me to be skeptical of his service, even though it is SOP for warmongering trolls to claim military service. However, one incident caused my doubt.

Since day one Patriot has not only doubted but outright said that I was lying about my military service. He tried to 'catch' me by saying that someone could not have served in both Vietnam and Iraq as they would be too old. I not only proved him wrong but also pointed out that I never said I was in Vietnam-I wasn't even born yet.

Now keep in mind that I've given my unit, MOS, training history, and dates of deployment. None of which he has.

The incident that caused my doubt was during my 'deployment' last September. For those who don't remember, I was mistakenly listed as IRR instead of HD and received deployment orders. Since I had all of my papers in order, all that happened was that I had to spend some time at Camp Robinson. Now, my Mother-in-Law (Conservative Mommy) was gleeful of course, but I expected that. What I didn't expect was this:

Source:

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?showtopic=15419

Now this was a tough time for my wife. Her biological mother (Conservative Mommy) was wanting to move back in while I was gone and was barely concealing her joy at my absence. My business had taken months to recover from my first deployment and we were doubtful that it could survive another. She called me in tears over that thread. I have my doubts that a real Marine would ever say such a thing-especially one who had been deployed in combat. Marines have honor.

Now I'm not saying that he definitely didn't serve-but I am skeptical. These days (especially on the internet) a LOT of people want some of the glory of military service. A real veteran knows how to expose them-they won't ever tell their MOS or unit. Patriot's own actions have caused skepticism, and his inability to answer the simplest questions about his service doesn't exactly put said skepticism to rest.

Oh, Please! Your wife cried because of my post?? Your "typical government incompetence" comment

prompted that thread. In my experience military people are conservative and don't blame things on

"government incompetence". And I don't answer to enlisted grunts, think what you like about me.

Guest *Autonomous*
Oh, Please! Your wife cried because of my post?? Your "typical government incompetence" comment

prompted that thread. In my experience military people are conservative and don't blame things on

"government incompetence". And I don't answer to enlisted grunts, think what you like about me.

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!

You're full of shit, jackass. EVERY Marine is proud of the unit they served in. Pathetic loser-lying about fictional service disrespects all those who actually do, scum.

Guest *Autonomous*

Btw-I blamed government incompetence on government incompetence. You don't seem to understand basic conservative thought very well-Reagan summed it up when he said that the scariest words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Guest Patriot
BTW-I blamed government incompetence on government incompetence. You don't seem to understand basic conservative thought very well-Reagan summed it up when he said that the scariest words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

What happened to you with your orders would more accurately be described as a clerical error, made

by a clerk typist. Your willingness to automatically label it as "government incompetence" points up

your leftist "blame America first" mentality. Very strange coming from someone with a supposed

military background.

Guest *Autonomous*
What happened to you with your orders would more accurately be described as a clerical error, made

by a clerk typist. Your willingness to automatically label it as "government incompetence" points up

your leftist "blame America first" mentality. Very strange coming from someone with a supposed

military background.

Not that you would know since you're unable to answer the simplest of questions about your fictional service.