traffic detail for what?

Guest bird's eye view

Guest bird's eye view

MAYOR WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE ABOUT THE TRAFFIC DETAIL ON HARRISON AVENUE. DID YOU KNOW I SAT THROUGH FOUR LIGHTS TODAY,MARCH 6 AND THE COP WAS ON THE OPPOSITE CORNER CHATTING IT UP TO A GROUP OF GIRLS ILLEGALLY PARKED. WHERE IS HIS SUPERVISOR? IS THAT WHAT HIS DUTY IS? THIS COP HAD NO CARE IN THE WORLD AS TRAFFIC BACKED UP TO JERSEY STREET. HE WAS LITERALLY GLUED TO THE SILVER MERCEDES DOOR HOVERING OVER A GROUP OF UGLY HISPANICS. THIS WHILE TRAFFIC JUST SNAILED UP ONTO FER BLVD. NOW IT'S FOUR FIFTEEN IN THE AFTERNOON IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY? WHY ISN'T SOMEONE YANKING THIS GUY BACK ON THE STREETS TO DIRECT TRAFFIC?I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES THIS!

THE DEPT HAS NERVE IN ASKING FOR MORE COPS WHEN THE SO CALLED FEW THEY HAVE DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!

MAYOR SHAME ON YOU FOR ALLOWING THIS! :unsure::ph34r:

Guest guest
MAYOR WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE ABOUT THE TRAFFIC DETAIL ON HARRISON AVENUE. DID YOU KNOW I SAT THROUGH FOUR LIGHTS TODAY,MARCH 6 AND THE COP WAS ON THE OPPOSITE CORNER CHATTING IT UP TO A GROUP OF GIRLS ILLEGALLY PARKED. WHERE IS HIS SUPERVISOR? IS THAT WHAT HIS DUTY IS? THIS COP HAD NO CARE IN THE WORLD AS TRAFFIC BACKED UP TO JERSEY STREET. HE WAS LITERALLY GLUED TO THE SILVER MERCEDES DOOR HOVERING OVER A GROUP OF UGLY HISPANICS. THIS WHILE TRAFFIC JUST SNAILED UP ONTO FER BLVD. NOW IT'S FOUR FIFTEEN IN THE AFTERNOON IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY? WHY ISN'T SOMEONE YANKING THIS GUY BACK ON THE STREETS TO DIRECT TRAFFIC?I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES THIS!

THE DEPT HAS NERVE IN ASKING FOR MORE COPS WHEN THE SO CALLED FEW THEY HAVE DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!

MAYOR SHAME ON YOU FOR ALLOWING THIS! :unsure::ph34r:

Why would you address your concern to the Mayor's Office? Is he a member of the Police Dept? Typical Harrisonian, help me Mr. Mayor.

Guest Wild Bill

Damn, you must have gotten out of work from Wendys rigth at rush hour, s**ks you had to sit and look at ugly hispanic girsl (as you stated)and some cops ass as he leaned in the car window....... This must be your first time in Harrison?

The hell w/the cop.... between 5 & 8 pm M-F, you need a f-cking Human Transportyer to beat the traffic........

Oh yeah Go RED BULLS spring of 2009..... That should b e good for traffic and you might just see a pretty Hispanic girl and most likely a few more police butts.. LOL

Get a Life, this way we can save it some day ass-ole

PS. Sorry to hear you are also a racist

Good for the cop, I hope he got the digits. Why did you feel the need to point out that the girls were "hispanics." Just another racial slur from a high paid do nothing in the town. The Mayor and people like you feel that if you are not white then you shouldn't be allowed in Harrison. Guess what, we all have similar problems and joys in life no matter what race you are but this town seems to encourage racism. I am going to contact the NAACP and find out the disparity in the number of town employees that are African American. Very soon the cop that pulls you over may not be a white boy and you can voice your racial comments to him. I sure he will be very receptive to you thinking he or her is less of a human being than you. The Fire Departments has no hispanics and one African American. This will be duly noted in my correspondence. Reverand Al Shapton for Mayor in Harrison. He would probably do a good job.

In my opinion a fireman trying to get to town hall wrote the original post. Only well rested eyes could give such details of gender, race, make and model of the car, and the cops ass which he so badly wants when he comes out of the closet. If the town is against African and Hispanic employees, why not include the gay community to the list. The biggest criminal in town was the Mayors best friend in the quarter scandal and the Mayor, of all people, supported the theft. $100,000.00 like it was nothing. That money could have been used to start a food bank for residents feeling the pressure of the recession. I guess when everyone you come in contact with day to day is making six figures its not a problem. I just hope you do not have children who are taught that the only right is being white.

Guest NJ DOT

Dont worry the bridge will never be done this year and you will have to sit throuh the traffic like you have for the last 2 years. even if the cop was in the middle of the street where would you like him to send you? being that you say traffic was backed up to jersey st.? your a real stickler Hey did the mercedes have NORTH CAROLINA license Plates? get a life.

Guest who cares

MAYOR SHAME ON YOU FOR ALLOWING THIS! :lol::ph34r:

funny i went by this same intersection and saw the same thing. the harrison police officer abandoning his post. yes he was engrossed in conversation with someone illegally parked right on the corner. no his butt was not sticking out actually he was on the sidewalk trying to hide from traffic. yes traffic was heavy and there were alot of motorist trying to beat the light but it's not the officer's fault, IT'S HIS SUPERVISOR where was he? not patroling that's for sure!

the whole point is missed when race and stupid comments about sex are involved and no i'm not a fireman but i am a town resident who deserves RESPECT AND TO SEE MY TAX DOLLARS ARE WELL SPENT! NOW IF THESE MEMBERS DO NOT WISH TO WORK AND HAVE THEIR CHECK MAILED OUT TO THEM THEN THEY SHOULD APPLY FOR STATE POSITIONS!

Guest Bro'Man
Good for the cop, I hope he got the digits. Why did you feel the need to point out that the girls were "hispanics." Just another racial slur from a high paid do nothing in the town. The Mayor and people like you feel that if you are not white then you shouldn't be allowed in Harrison. Guess what, we all have similar problems and joys in life no matter what race you are but this town seems to encourage racism. I am going to contact the NAACP and find out the disparity in the number of town employees that are African American. Very soon the cop that pulls you over may not be a white boy and you can voice your racial comments to him. I sure he will be very receptive to you thinking he or her is less of a human being than you. The Fire Departments has no hispanics and one African American. This will be duly noted in my correspondence. Reverand Al Shapton for Mayor in Harrison. He would probably do a good job.

Yes --The NAACP should bee appraised of the dparity in the FD. This whole town should be going to the NAACP about hiring according to a lawsuit filed in the 80's

Guest EYE KNOW
funny i went by this same intersection and saw the same thing. the harrison police officer abandoning his post. yes he was engrossed in conversation with someone illegally parked right on the corner. no his butt was not sticking out actually he was on the sidewalk trying to hide from traffic. yes traffic was heavy and there were alot of motorist trying to beat the light but it's not the officer's fault, IT'S HIS SUPERVISOR where was he? not patroling that's for sure!

the whole point is missed when race and stupid comments about sex are involved and no i'm not a fireman but i am a town resident who deserves RESPECT AND TO SEE MY TAX DOLLARS ARE WELL SPENT! NOW IF THESE MEMBERS DO NOT WISH TO WORK AND HAVE THEIR CHECK MAILED OUT TO THEM THEN THEY SHOULD APPLY FOR STATE POSITIONS!

It's pretty funny how everyone on this site claims to be a taxpayer in Harrison, yet less than 22% off actual home owners live in Harrison!!!!

You may live in an apartment where the landlord pays the taxes, but your somewhat small amount of rent ($750.00 to $900.00 a month) really are'nt paying the $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 taxes!!!!

If you question how I know this, I'll give you a little hint OPRA, not the talk show host but OPEN PUBLIC RECORDS ACT.

As reported before in an earlier post, there is not a damn thing that could be done w/traffic in Harrison between the hours of 5pm-8pm, and remember this, the police officedr does not go to your job & watch your every move so just get a life....

They do have their checks mailed to them down the Jersey shore, so get a grip Einstein. Almost every cop, fireman, street dept. and health Dept. worker does not live in town. That reminds me: What does Karen Comer do to be one of the highest paid people in Hudson County and why is one of the Mayors 3 secretaries (Charlies Angels) get to park on the sidewalk on Cleveland Ave. when parking is at a premium and she does not live in town?

Guest Ocean County Harrisonian
They do have their checks mailed to them down the Jersey shore, so get a grip Einstein. Almost every cop, fireman, street dept. and health Dept. worker does not live in town. That reminds me: What does Karen Comer do to be one of the highest paid people in Hudson County and why is one of the Mayors 3 secretaries (Charlies Angels) get to park on the sidewalk on Cleveland Ave. when parking is at a premium and she does not live in town?

Artie, who are ( Charlie's Angels ) in the Mayor's office? Haven't been back to the Town that Frank created in awhile, actually I thought the town had been transplanted to Ocean County? I imagined that Harrison had an arrangement, to exchange Municipal personnel with Ocean County on weekends. Karen Komer, is she, the mother or daughter version of the family that lived on North Fourth street, aka, FER Blvd? North Fourth Street really starts somewhere in Mommouth County and extends below Forked River!

Guest Come Clean Committee
Artie, who are ( Charlie's Angels ) in the Mayor's office? Haven't been back to the Town that Frank created in awhile, actually I thought the town had been transplanted to Ocean County? I imagined that Harrison had an arrangement, to exchange Municipal personnel with Ocean County on weekends. Karen Komer, is she, the mother or daughter version of the family that lived on North Fourth street, aka, FER Blvd? North Fourth Street really starts somewhere in Mommouth County and extends below Forked River!

Why can't you past residents return to us here in Harrison, home of your Childhood and school years? We need that generation and culture to return, bring a Renaissance, and reinvent our beloved community. Peter B. will chair the Welcoming Back Organization for all of you....

Guest I saw something too!

I was at that intersection several times on that day too and I saw something quite different, it's called "Car Stops." He was likely on the sidewalk side of the car to avoid being hit by drivers like you. Go on any highway in NJ and you will see State Troopers making their stops from the passengers side. Oh wait the Troopers must be getting phone numbers too! Cops "abandon" their posts, as you so ignorantly put it, when they make a car stop. Obviously judging by your tone, you have been pulled over a few times in Harrison. The cops are doing their job and their supervisors make sure of it. I'm not a cop, fireman or a dpw worker, but I know most of them, and I know that most of them do their jobs and earn YOUR tax dollars. Do yourself a favor, try addressing your complaints about your town employees the right way - to their bosses, rather than rant on here. Doesn't that make sense? As far as respect goes, its not deserved - its something that is earned! Show some and maybe you will get some back! I think as an esteemed taxpayer, you should have more pressing concerns than stupid crap like this!

Guest Angie

You forgot to elaborate on the fact that several handguns were recoverd from criminals on car stops. Now does it make more sense to you than your racial rantings. Keep your head up HPD officers, with all the crap going on in this town I hope major changes in this dictatorship will happen soon. Another thing....can I park my car on the sidewalk directly in front of the Police Station without getting a ticket, or get a free out of town sticker to park on fifth street. I could easily walk to the PATH from there. Please let me know where they are available for free because I have had to pay a kings ransom to park near the PATH for several years. To the wise men on the council, thanks for nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

S you're trying to take away the future harrison town job openings away from the Hispanics that kive in the town to give the people who live in Newark? But can we Hispanics and the whites who live in Harrison, go over to Newark and apply for jobs with the city of Newark? I think not. Their civil service announcements specify, "OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NEWARK" or sometimes ' open to residents of essex county". Whats good for Newark, should be good for Harrison. Newak has their non-white 'residents' to supply municiple jobs for, and Harrison has their own non-white residents to also sup[ply jobs for.

Guest attorney
S you're trying to take away the future harrison town job openings away from the Hispanics that kive in the town to give the people who live in Newark? But can we Hispanics and the whites who live in Harrison, go over to Newark and apply for jobs with the city of Newark? I think not. Their civil service announcements specify, "OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NEWARK" or sometimes ' open to residents of essex county". Whats good for Newark, should be good for Harrison. Newak has their non-white 'residents' to supply municiple jobs for, and Harrison has their own non-white residents to also sup[ply jobs for.

Don't you love the CIVIL LIBERTIES attorney's in this country???????????? I think the white people are the LEGAL minority in this country now. WHat do you think??????

Guest Guest
Don't you love the CIVIL LIBERTIES attorney's in this country???????????? I think the white people are the LEGAL minority in this country now. WHat do you think??????

I think you are 100000000% right!!!