What Joseph Wilson wants you to know about Obama

Bryan

Obama's Hollow "Judgment" and Empty Record

Obama's gyrations on Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran are not the actions of one imbued with superior intuitive judgment, but rather the machinations of a political opportunist looking to avoid having his fingerprints on any issue that might be controversial, and require real judgment, while preserving his freedom to bludgeon his adversary for actually taking positions as elected office demands. It is hard to discern whether Senator Obama is a man of principle, but it is clear that he is not a man of substance. And that judgment, based on his hollow record, is inescapable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-wilson/o...nt_b_89441.html

Make absolutely sure to read the entire thing from beginning to end to make certain that I didn't take it out of context. :)

Guest Guest

Obama's gyrations on Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran are not the actions of one imbued with superior intuitive judgment, but rather the machinations of a political opportunist looking to avoid having his fingerprints on any issue that might be controversial, and require real judgment, while preserving his freedom to bludgeon his adversary for actually taking positions as elected office demands. It is hard to discern whether Senator Obama is a man of principle, but it is clear that he is not a man of substance. And that judgment, based on his hollow record, is inescapable.

Make absolutely sure to read the entire thing from beginning to end to make certain that I didn't take it out of context. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brent-budows...ut_b_78267.html

Guest Patriot

Obama's resume:

Empty suit. All platitudes and sound bytes. Likes to steal quotes from Churchill, JFK and MLK. Junior

Senator with no accomplishments or experience in anything. Wants to bomb our ally Pakistan and sit

down and chat over tea with Bin Laden. Rated the most liberal in the Senate. Charter member in

"Blame America First" crowd.

Who makes the better case and why, in your opinion?

Budowsky's main point seems to be Boo-hoo, Clinton is just as mean as those neocons. People won't like it that she's attacking Obama.

Sure, he says Wilson is wrong about Obama--but what does he say to back it up?

Guest Guest

All this lying you're doing is exactly the reason why McCain is going to get steamrolled in the general election, you realize.

Obama's resume:

Empty suit. All platitudes and sound bytes. Likes to steal quotes from Churchill, JFK and MLK. Junior

Senator with no accomplishments or experience in anything.

His *first year* in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 (one hundred fifty-two) bills and co-sponsored another 427 (four hundred twenty-seven).

These included:

1. **The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law,

2. **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law,

3. **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act - passed the Senate,

4. **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law,

5. **The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill - in committee,

Wants to bomb our ally Pakistan

Obama argued the United States should strike Pakistan unilaterally IF they find actionable intelligence about al-Qaeda terrorist camps there AND Pakistan fails to act. I know you want to protect your Al Qaeda buddies and that's why you're so happy with the Iraq invasion, which INCREASED Al Qaeda presence there. The rest of us don't feel the same, though.

All this lying you're doing is exactly the reason why McCain is going to get steamrolled in the general election, you realize.

I don't think Clinton will derive any benefit from it. So did you figure out that "Patriot" is the pseudonym McCain uses to post a KOTW or what?

His *first year* in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 (one hundred fifty-two) bills and co-sponsored another 427 (four hundred twenty-seven).

These included:

1. **The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law,

2. **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law,

3. **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act - passed the Senate,

4. **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law,

5. **The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill - in committee,

Great way to avoid the points made by Democrat Joseph Wilson. You'd rather discuss anything else, I suppose.

Obama argued the United States should strike Pakistan unilaterally IF they find actionable intelligence about al-Qaeda terrorist camps there AND Pakistan fails to act.

...so there's no way anyone could accuse him of advocating unilateral military action.

But, hey, credit to you for admitting it in so many words. You want to vote for the guy who will invade the territory of a nuclear ally against their express wishes. Is that really the kind of foreign policy you want?

I know you want to protect your Al Qaeda buddies and that's why you're so happy with the Iraq invasion, which INCREASED Al Qaeda presence there. The rest of us don't feel the same, though.

That's why you want to save U.S. troops from big, bad AQI by bringing them home?

Guest Keith
Obama's resume:

Senator with no accomplishments or experience in anything. Wants to bomb our ally Pakistan and sit

down and chat over tea with Bin Laden. Rated the most liberal in the Senate. Charter member in

"Blame America First" crowd.

If America has done something wrong (i.e. invading Iraq) then your goddamn right I'll blame America. Do you turn you back on a child whom has misbehaved or do you show a little tough love? I love my country, but we are not perfect. Your willingness to not hold ourselves accountable for our actions is not only detrimental it's the epitome of hubris.

If America has done something wrong (i.e. invading Iraq) then your goddamn right I'll blame America. Do you turn you back on a child whom has misbehaved or do you show a little tough love?

Tough love. That's why you force Hussein to allow inspections by spending the money to position for an invasion. It's also tough love to topple Hussein when he tries to drag out the process without fully cooperating. That's a message that the other misbehaving children (N. Korea, Iran, Libya) need to see.

I love my country, but we are not perfect. Your willingness to not hold ourselves accountable for our actions is not only detrimental it's the epitome of hubris.

And what was it you would have done to hold Iraq accountable, again?

Guest Keith
Tough love. That's why you force Hussein to allow inspections by spending the money to position for an invasion. It's also tough love to topple Hussein when he tries to drag out the process without fully cooperating. That's a message that the other misbehaving children (N. Korea, Iran, Libya) need to see.

And what was it you would have done to hold Iraq accountable, again?

Would you still feel the same way if your ass was over there, maybe for the 2nd or 3rd time sitting in a poorly or unarmored humvee? I guess we'll never know will we Bryan? I'm still waiting to have a recruiter call you.

Guest a proud american
If America has done something wrong (i.e. invading Iraq) then your goddamn right I'll blame America. Do you turn you back on a child whom has misbehaved or do you show a little tough love? I love my country, but we are not perfect. Your willingness to not hold ourselves accountable for our actions is not only detrimental it's the epitome of hubris.

Keith, isn't it amazing that less than two years ago, all the pro Bush supporters were calliing Joe Wilson a liar but he writes an opinion piece about Obama and suddenly Wilson's word is gosple. It shows you when it doesn't fit their arguement he's a liar but when it does he's a truth teller.

Guest Keith
Keith, isn't it amazing that less than two years ago, all the pro Bush supporters were calliing Joe Wilson a liar but he writes an opinion piece about Obama and suddenly Wilson's word is gosple. It shows you when it doesn't fit their arguement he's a liar but when it does he's a truth teller.

Excellent point!

Would you still feel the same way if your ass was over there, maybe for the 2nd or 3rd time sitting in a poorly or unarmored humvee?

Feel the same way as what? I asked you a question. Feel that you were avoiding the question? Yeah, I suppose I would feel that you were avoiding the question if I were stationed overseas.

I guess we'll never know will we Bryan? I'm still waiting to have a recruiter call you.

I guess we'll never know your answer to the question either, will we? For you, the issue is always me and recruiting.

:unsure:

Keith, isn't it amazing that less than two years ago, all the pro Bush supporters were calliing Joe Wilson a liar but he writes an opinion piece about Obama and suddenly Wilson's word is gosple.

It's not any less amazing that anti-Bush types were thinking Wilson's word was gospel and now all of a sudden he doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I guess you can grasp at any straw to avoid dealing with the content ...

It shows you when it doesn't fit their arguement he's a liar but when it does he's a truth teller.

... and why doesn't it tell us the same thing about you? Did you think he was lying all along both then and now?

I suppose I should remind you and Keith to review the thread subheading:

Especially for Obama supporters who trust Joe Wilson

Guest Keith
Feel the same way as what? I asked you a question. Feel that you were avoiding the question? Yeah, I suppose I would feel that you were avoiding the question if I were stationed overseas.

I guess we'll never know your answer to the question either, will we? For you, the issue is always me and recruiting.

:unsure:

Yes Bryan, as far as you are concerned the issue will always be why don't you go do your part. I think the aswer to that is fairly obvious. Invading Iraq was wrong. It's that simple. As far sending a message to NKorea, Libya or whatever, whatever happened to leading by example? We used to be able to that. That's why I like Obama. It's time to concentrate on the U.S. We have many domestic problems ahead of us and we need to start dealing with them now with dignity and perseverance. There will always be threats to us, no matter what we do. It's time to get our house in order.

Guest 2smart4u
Yes Bryan, as far as you are concerned the issue will always be why don't you go do your part. I think the aswer to that is fairly obvious. Invading Iraq was wrong. It's that simple. As far sending a message to NKorea, Libya or whatever, whatever happened to leading by example? We used to be able to that. That's why I like Obama. It's time to concentrate on the U.S. We have many domestic problems ahead of us and we need to start dealing with them now with dignity and perseverance. There will always be threats to us, no matter what we do. It's time to get our house in order.

How does this boy have such an astute grasp of our domestic, economic and military needs and

priorities. He just amazes me.

Yes Bryan, as far as you are concerned the issue will always be why don't you go do your part. I think the aswer to that is fairly obvious. Invading Iraq was wrong. It's that simple. As far sending a message to NKorea, Libya or whatever, whatever happened to leading by example?

Well, now we're getting somewhere. By "leading by example" what is it you mean? Should the United States unilaterally disarm and thus pressure N. Korea into also disarming? I'd be very interested to see you develop that principle.

We used to be able to that.

Did we? When has the United States successfully used leading by example to effect foreign policy?

That's why I like Obama. It's time to concentrate on the U.S. We have many domestic problems ahead of us and we need to start dealing with them now with dignity and perseverance. There will always be threats to us, no matter what we do. It's time to get our house in order.

Poor, deluded Democrats. They don't realize that the global economy makes it a practical impossibility to "concentrate on the U.S." without a vigorous foreign policy component. Case in point the Obama doubletalk on NAFTA. The United States will increase its standing with nations like Canada and Mexico by enforcing policies that place those countries at an economic disadvantage? It doesn't work that way. Apparently Obama knows it (enough to reassure Canada that his NAFTA complaints are just campaign rhetoric) but he also knows that liberal voters like Keith are too clueless to catch on.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mo...a_nonsense.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...te_part_ii.html

:lol:

The WaPo calls it "blindingly obvious." I wonder if Keith will be able to see it.

Guest Keith
It's not any less amazing that anti-Bush types were thinking Wilson's word was gospel and now all of a sudden he doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I guess you can grasp at any straw to avoid dealing with the content ...

... and why doesn't it tell us the same thing about you? Did you think he was lying all along both then and now?

I suppose I should remind you and Keith to review the thread subheading:

Especially for Obama supporters who trust Joe Wilson

I'll tell you the difference asshole. Joe Wilson is stating his opinion about Obama. The treason committed by the Bush Admin. by ousting his wife Valerie as a CIA operative is a fact. s*** ** ****.

Edited by KOTW
The above post was edited for content.

I'll tell you the difference asshole. Joe Wilson is stating his opinion about Obama. The treason committed by the Bush Admin. by ousting his wife Valerie as a CIA operative is a fact. s*** ** ****.

Oh. That must be why Patrick Fitzgerald spend million$ on an investigation only for it to come out that Richard Armitage confessed early on to letting the information slip, and Fitzgerald scored a whopping perjury conviction of Scooter Libby without bringing charges on an underlying crime.

But you'll call it "fact." Maybe you're the one who deliberately outed Plame? That seems like the only way you'd know for sure.

Guest Keith
Oh. That must be why Patrick Fitzgerald spend million$ on an investigation only for it to come out that Richard Armitage confessed early on to letting the information slip, and Fitzgerald scored a whopping perjury conviction of Scooter Libby without bringing charges on an underlying crime.

But you'll call it "fact." Maybe you're the one who deliberately outed Plame? That seems like the only way you'd know for sure.

Your calling me out to "prove" my point. How about you "disprove" my point?

Join Up Bryan, the Marines are waiting.

Your calling me out to "prove" my point. How about you "disprove" my point?

Join Up Bryan, the Marines are waiting.

Nice work, Keith. You've got the fallacy of shifting the burden of proof to go with your usual red herring fallacy.

Fortunately I do know of the existence of some liberals who don't constantly try to get away with fallacious reasoning like that.

Guest Keith
Nice work, Keith. You've got the fallacy of shifting the burden of proof to go with your usual red herring fallacy.

Fortunately I do know of the existence of some liberals who don't constantly try to get away with fallacious reasoning like that.

I learned from the master, I call him Bryan.

I learned from the master, I call him Bryan.

Dream on. You commit fallacies routinely. I commit them very rarely--so rarely that you almost certainly cannot find an example without committing your own fallacy in the process.

... right on topic/time. :)

Guest Keith
Dream on. You commit fallacies routinely. I commit them very rarely--so rarely that you almost certainly cannot find an example without committing your own fallacy in the process.

... right on topic/time. :)

Like I've told you before, your doing your part in Iraq will always be my topic regardless of the thread title.