Kearny Schools Student Non-Residency

wu-su

What is going on with the Board of Ed and its enactment of the Kearny Residency Policy? Obviously nothing, because there is a case that has come to my attention, and it allegedly has been pending for months even though there are facts to prove that the child attending Roosevelt School does not reside in Kearny. This particular matter has yet to be settled, despite the proof that the child has been attending school illegally since September (I hear it may be much longer than this, two to four years, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt).

At any rate, at a cost of about $12,500 per student why are identified illegal students permitted to remain within the district? If this one case is allowed to languish, how many more exist and how many more non-resident students are in the district? It’s an honor that families chose the Kearny school system, but what is the cost?

Why is the Residency Policy so ineffective and why is it not being enforced? Why don't Kearny’s Board members and the Board of Ed administrators do anything about this problem? I don’t really want to go there, but he does control the Board (not directly because he doesn’t appoint, but members he’s supported for election to the Board are in the majority), so is the Mayor aware of this problem, and if so, is he taking a lax approach to it because to do otherwise is not politically expedient? But what really needs to be considered is, what is the accumulative cost of non-residency to the Kearny taxpayer? After all, the taxpayer pays for every non-resident in the district.

Guest Guest

You don't mention anywhere that you have notified the appropriate office that this is an issue. Have you brought your "proof" to Mr. D, Mr. Mooney, Dr. Kiss, an so on. If the child (nor either of his parents) actually live in Kearny and this has been going on for some time and the admininistrators are aware of this... well, I just find it hard to believe. Don't complain unless you know all the facts and have brought those facts to the right people. Then when nothing is done, you can rightly complain.

What is going on with the Board of Ed and its enactment of the Kearny Residency Policy? Obviously nothing, because there is a case that has come to my attention, and it allegedly has been pending for months even though there are facts to prove that the child attending Roosevelt School does not reside in Kearny. This particular matter has yet to be settled, despite the proof that the child has been attending school illegally since September (I hear it may be much longer than this, two to four years, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt).

At any rate, at a cost of about $12,500 per student why are identified illegal students permitted to remain within the district? If this one case is allowed to languish, how many more exist and how many more non-resident students are in the district? It’s an honor that families chose the Kearny school system, but what is the cost?

Why is the Residency Policy so ineffective and why is it not being enforced? Why don't Kearny’s Board members and the Board of Ed administrators do anything about this problem? I don’t really want to go there, but he does control the Board (not directly because he doesn’t appoint, but members he’s supported for election to the Board are in the majority), so is the Mayor aware of this problem, and if so, is he taking a lax approach to it because to do otherwise is not politically expedient? But what really needs to be considered is, what is the accumulative cost of non-residency to the Kearny taxpayer? After all, the taxpayer pays for every non-resident in the district.