I Don't Feel Safe

Guest Concerned Resident

Guest Concerned Resident

I have been a resident for approximately 28 years (minus 4 years in the military) and I don't feel safe walking down the streets. Have we become the City of Newark? or is it worse are we becoming the City of Irvington?

We all have to chip in and do our parts but, if the town does not want are help and there are not enough police officers to help, what do we do?

One last Question why do all politicians s**k????????

I have been a resident for approximately 28 years (minus 4 years in the military) and I don't feel safe walking down the streets. Have we become the City of Newark? or is it worse are we becoming the City of Irvington?

We all have to chip in and do our parts but, if the town does not want are help and there are not enough police officers to help, what do we do?

Putting cameras in key locations, like Franklin Ave, would be a good start.

I have to agree with you. I lived in Harrison for 34 years before moving to Central Jersey. My family still lives in Harrison. I drove down Harrison Avenue (will always be Harrison Avenue to me) about 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe my eyes. Wow has Harrison changed. It looked like Newark, especially the stores near 3rd. street. Merchandise all over the sidewalk, people hanging in front of numerous stores, cars double parked, It took me almost half an hour to get down the Avenue. The town looks dirty. I remember being able to walk all over Harrison 11:00pm and not even thinking about it. Don't think I would consider it now. Harrison was a nice, quite, family town....what happened.

Guest eye in the sky
Putting cameras in key locations, like Franklin Ave, would be a good start.

well that would be a waste of money due to the fact that the town is going to use that area for the new senior housing. But dont worry the town is hiring more 4-6 firemen and hope they will make you feel safe. FYI after the state guy gives his report on the police dept you will see less officers on the road and the number will be decreased to the low 40's. That's a big decrease from the late 90's when they had 63 officers and there was no crime. good luck with getting those cameras or extra officers!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a camera come to a persons aid to help stop a crime. That is far from the answer. It may help in identifying the criminal, but the the victim would still be in bad shape. If we had a camera in the street dept. capturing Tanski stealing the 100K in quarters would it have helped? He still gets to keep the money and his pension and health benefits partly because of the Mayor who is a confederate in this theft. My opinion is not cameras, but a criminal justice system that allows these things to foster and the criminals get away with little more than a wrist slap. Harrisons answer will always be the same: hire more relatives to the fire department. Move while you can.