Ambulance

Guest Guest

The town needs to accept the grant that is being offered and start a quality EMS system in the town.

WHY!!!!What is wrong with the service now... nothing,you dope....when the grant runs out,who pays for the new contract. and/or new firefighters..Not to mention,Answer,us taxpayers.Good post genius,let me drive you down to Kmart and buy you a CLUE!!!Unbelievable...and no,i dont work for them and yes i have used them...

Well it appears the Town would have control of the money/billing (which they dont know) and that would pay for a majority if not all the salaries/supplies/equipment. Remember they have 5 years on a decling scale so that is a long time to get things up and running. I cant put a doller amount on the safety end of the grant the government says "hey kearny you dont have enough fire fighters, we will help you" kinda foolish to say. Blow it your $&% Feds! The service now is hit or miss. I for one dont like to wait for an ambulance because they are gonna make a quick turn around from clara. And we will see how long 2 ambulances last if the town doesnt take the grant. My bet is about a week. Any other questions?

ask most tax payers which insurance they would rather use, Fire or Life? The logical answer would be Fire insurance!

Really? Because the chance of a fire occurring is fairly low, especially if you're careful, but the chance of dying...well, it's up there. :wub:

Really? Because the chance of a fire occurring is fairly low, especially if you're careful, but the chance of dying...well, it's up there. :o

Really? With 60 percent of the homes in Kearny still being wired with Pre World war two romex cable, It would worry me if I was a smart Fire Fighter :o

Really? With 60 percent of the homes in Kearny still being wired with Pre World war two romex cable, It would worry me if I was a smart Fire Fighter :o

Still a much lower chance than the probability of dying. :o

Guest *block watcher*

cant any one add a reply without sarcasim??and insults have you ever thought that maybe some people are not as informed as you or dont have the same level of education,try to inform in a less offensive manner,you will be doing everyone a great service, ;)

THE AMBULANCE SERVICE IS A REVOLVING DOOR .IT CHANGES EMPLOYEES MORE NOW THEN WHEN THEY HAD THE VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE GOING. NOW THAT IT HAS GONE PAID IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND NEPITISIM .

I AM GLAD I MOVED OUT OF KEARNY ONCE I FOUND OUT THE SERVICE WAS GETTING WORSE.

I AM IN A TOWN WHERE THE SERVICE IS ALOT BETTER . THE PEOPLE WHO COME TO HELP YOU NEVER SMILE AND ARE ALWAYS MAD ABOUT SOMETHING. CARE FOR THE ALL WHO LIVE IN THE TOWN OF KEARNY HAS REALLY GONE DOWN .....

WHEN EVER I USE TO NEED THE AMBULANCE SERVICE ,I GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW THE EMT'S ON A FIRST NAME BASIS AND THE CARE I USE TO GET WAS GREAT, THEY HAD COMPASSION FOR ME AND TOOK GREAT CARE OF ME IN MY TIME OF NEED. NO QUESTIONS NO ATTITUDE.

THE FACE'S YOU SEE NOW ARE DIFFERENT AND THEY MUST HAVE NO TIES TO THE TOWN OR THEY WOULD CARE MORE ABOUT HOW THEY CARE FOR THE SICK AND INJURED.

PEOPLE ARE PUT IN TO SUPERVISIOR POSITIONS WHO ARE NOT TOTALLY TRAINED.

AGAIN IT IS THE HOLE NEPITISIM THING GOING ON THERE.

JUST ASK ANYONE WHIS IS IN CHARGE AND YOU WILL FIND OUT THEY HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME .

WHAT TRAINING DO THEY HAVE FOR THESE POSITIONS ? I'LL BET THEY ARE NOT TRAINED IN THE SAID POSITION THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF

WHERE ARE ALL THE FRIENDLY FACE'S WE WERE ALL USE TO SEEING?????????????????????????????? :lol::)

THE AMBULANCE SERVICE IS A REVOLVING DOOR .IT CHANGES EMPLOYEES MORE NOW THEN WHEN THEY HAD THE VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE GOING. NOW THAT IT HAS GONE PAID IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND NEPITISIM .

I AM GLAD I MOVED OUT OF KEARNY ONCE I FOUND OUT THE SERVICE WAS GETTING WORSE.

I AM IN A TOWN WHERE THE SERVICE IS ALOT BETTER . THE PEOPLE WHO COME TO HELP YOU NEVER SMILE AND ARE ALWAYS MAD ABOUT SOMETHING. CARE FOR THE ALL WHO LIVE IN THE TOWN OF KEARNY HAS REALLY GONE DOWN .....

WHEN EVER I USE TO NEED THE AMBULANCE SERVICE ,I GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW THE EMT'S ON A FIRST NAME BASIS AND THE CARE I USE TO GET WAS GREAT, THEY HAD COMPASSION FOR ME AND TOOK GREAT CARE OF ME IN MY TIME OF NEED. NO QUESTIONS NO ATTITUDE.

THE FACE'S YOU SEE NOW ARE DIFFERENT AND THEY MUST HAVE NO TIES TO THE TOWN OR THEY WOULD CARE MORE ABOUT HOW THEY CARE FOR THE SICK AND INJURED.

PEOPLE ARE PUT IN TO SUPERVISIOR POSITIONS WHO ARE NOT TOTALLY TRAINED.

AGAIN IT IS THE HOLE NEPITISIM THING GOING ON THERE.

JUST ASK ANYONE WHIS IS IN CHARGE AND YOU WILL FIND OUT THEY HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME .

WHAT TRAINING DO THEY HAVE FOR THESE POSITIONS ? I'LL BET THEY ARE NOT TRAINED IN THE SAID POSITION THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF

WHERE ARE ALL THE FRIENDLY FACE'S WE WERE ALL USE TO SEEING?????????????????????????????? :lol::)

Remember one thing...the EMS is no longer provided by a "Town" Department..they are an outside contractor now, with NO apparent oversight. Recently the town attempted to dicate a policy to the ambulance concerning the vehicles (The vehicles that ar e Regictered to the TOWN, not the Ambulance Service, and were basically tild ti Pi** off or KEMS would call the State Dept of Health and make a complaint against the town for interference. There was supposed to be a comittee that held full oversight and audit powers over KEMS apparently this has gone by the wayside.

Remember one thing...the EMS is no longer provided by a "Town" Department..they are an outside contractor now, with NO apparent oversight. Recently the town attempted to dicate a policy to the ambulance concerning the vehicles (The vehicles that ar e Regictered to the TOWN, not the Ambulance Service, and were basically tild ti Pi** off or KEMS would call the State Dept of Health and make a complaint against the town for interference. There was supposed to be a comittee that held full oversight and audit powers over KEMS apparently this has gone by the wayside.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

It's amazing what you can hear when you listen..Apparently the Ambulance people dont want the GPS units in THEIR VEhicles that every other town vehicle has....One has to wonder why??

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
They should make the fire dept do the ambulance like they do in Harrison.

You don't know a damn thing about EMS do you. If you give it to the Fire Department like Harrison when there is a fire then the people doing the ambulance are taken off the truck to fight the fire. Then you have to rely on other towns to cover your town's EMS jobs. Firefighters want to fight fires not crawl around in the blood and guts that we the EMTS have to do on a daily basis. Get all the facts before you start to run your mouth.