Caneesa OUT?

Guest huhh

I have no inside info or relations to the man. In fact, I never have seen him with my own eyes. But I enjoye his blog tremedously, and upon entering the observer's website to access the blog, it was GONE!

Does anyone know why Kevin left? Was there a fallout from him having sucess with his blog? I don't get it. He was the only good thing that the observer had going.

Listen, I disagree with him on alot of issues, most notably his hatred and petty remarks regarding our President. But I was a loyal reader of his blog because it highlighted Community News. I respected him as a writer, and i'll repeat he was the only professional journalist that the declining Observer had. I enjoyed his writing style and his unique takes and twists on stories. It seemed as though he CARED about the community he wrote about and never wrote just to fill space.

SO if anyone can answer: Where did he go? And why?

Guest *Juliana*
I have no inside info or relations to the man. In fact, I never have seen him with my own eyes. But I enjoye his blog tremedously, and upon entering the observer's website to access the blog, it was GONE!

Does anyone know why Kevin left? Was there a fallout from him having sucess with his blog? I don't get it. He was the only good thing that the observer had going.

Listen, I disagree with him on alot of issues, most notably his hatred and petty remarks regarding our President. But I was a loyal reader of his blog because it highlighted Community News. I respected him as a writer, and i'll repeat he was the only professional journalist that the declining Observer had. I enjoyed his writing style and his unique takes and twists on stories. It seemed as though he CARED about the community he wrote about and never wrote just to fill space.

SO if anyone can answer: Where did he go? And why?

You will be able to find him at: thecanessacorner.blogspot.com

Guest Kevin Canessa Jr.

Dear Huhh and all readers of The Observer,

Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate your words and your support. My two years spent at The Observer were without a doubt the two most challenging years I've ever had, yet they were the two most enjoyable years at the very same time. Having lived in Kearny from 1985 until 2004, I always have and always will love Kearny and the surrounding communities.

In two years, we made a lot of progress with The Observer. Yes, I had my difficulties — Second Street vs. Second Avenue, any numerous other silly errors that could have been avoided. But in two years, I think we did a great job bringing readers the important news of the area, both in print and online on the Web site and on the Blog. In essence, The Observer went from being a weekly printed publication to one that could be counted on for news every day.

Yet, none of this would have been possible were it not for the cooperation of the great community that The Observer serves. From the general public to the police and fire departments to the elected officials to the people who go above and beyond the call of duty, it was an overall team effort. The Observer has prospered before me, and it will continue to do so after me. It is in good hands with Celeste Regal, and in the hands of Lisa and Bob Pezzolla, who together were able to salvage the newspaper to keep it afloat after Lisa's father died some years ago. I believe The Observer's best years are ahead.

So now, it's on to new things for me. I will continue to update my blog as much as I can — and have a new address for it so it's easier to remember: www.kevincanessa.info. I've enjoyed the good and bad times. I know, especially from this chat board, that we always haven't seen eye to eye — whether it was during the LaClair incident or on the coverage we gave to redevelopment in Harrison — or in the Observer mistakes, which were often a topic of great conversation here. No matter what, I'll always remember and treasure the time I spent in Kearny, bringing the people of West Hudson, South Bergen and parts of Essex counties the news that mattered most.

Feel free to contact me personally at kevincanessa@mac.com.

And to anyone I ever offended with my comments about President Bush, please accept my sincerest apologies.

I am sure our paths will one day cross again.

Kevin Canessa Jr.