Star-Ledger article

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

The Star-Ledger article didn't touch on some important points. It spoke of the town population

doubling from 14,000 to 28,000. But it skipped over the impact on our schools of the population doubling.

Some guy named Peter something spoke of our residents watching the fireworks in Newark from behind

the hotel (well woopty-doo, that makes up for everything).

High taxes, lack of recreation areas, parking nightmares, a looming school crisis and rising crime rates are not going to be solved

by doubling our population. Also, I won't hold my breath waiting for my taxes to go down because of the

redevelopment. And watching the fireworks in Newark doesn't do anything for me.

The Star-Ledger article didn't touch on some important points. It spoke of the town population

doubling from 14,000 to 28,000. But it skipped over the impact on our schools of the population doubling.

Some guy named Peter something spoke of our residents watching the fireworks in Newark from behind

the hotel (well woopty-doo, that makes up for everything).

High taxes, lack of recreation areas, parking nightmares, a looming school crisis and rising crime rates are not going to be solved

by doubling our population. Also, I won't hold my breath waiting for my taxes to go down because of the

redevelopment. And watching the fireworks in Newark doesn't do anything for me.

They said in the paper they are building a riverwalk. That would be nice. My neighbor went to San Antonio in Texas to see her son for Christmas and she said they have one there. She said it is real nice. That would be good for Harrison if we get one too.

They said in the paper they are building a riverwalk. That would be nice. My neighbor went to San Antonio in Texas to see her son for Christmas and she said they have one there. She said it is real nice. That would be good for Harrison if we get one too.

What would be nice is if they would do something for the CHILDREN in this town. The cookie Factory would have been ideal for Community Center with fields, courts and even a skate park. You all piss and moan how they are always in trouble well lets do something to draw them in off the street, the recreation stinks in this town, the kids have nothing!

Guest Harrison Senior

A freaking riverwalk ?? That's what you care about ?? Traffic and parking is rediculous, there's a shortage of classroom space and there's no recreation areas. So what do they do ?? Allow a developer to build 1200 new housing units. Oh yeah, that will solve all our problems. Oh, but I forgot....... we're getting a riverwalk. You must be one of the Zombies.

A freaking riverwalk ?? That's what you care about ?? Traffic and parking is rediculous, there's a shortage of classroom space and there's no recreation areas. So what do they do ?? Allow a developer to build 1200 new housing units. Oh yeah, that will solve all our problems. Oh, but I forgot....... we're getting a riverwalk. You must be one of the Zombies.

The River Walk in Texas is a very small waterway with stores and resturants on either side. Not anything that is proposed by our Town Fathers. Not even close.

The River Walk in Texas is a very small waterway with stores and resturants on either side. Not anything that is proposed by our Town Fathers. Not even close.

our "Town Fathers" ??? More like our Village Idiots.

What would be nice is if they would do something for the CHILDREN in this town. The cookie Factory would have been ideal for Community Center with fields, courts and even a skate park. You all piss and moan how they are always in trouble well lets do something to draw them in off the street, the recreation stinks in this town, the kids have nothing!

Why don't they do something for the kids...Years ago We had the ice Skating rink, I think they should bring it back ...A lot of kids went then and most likely would go today as well...We have to take our kids to mountain side to go ice skating and there are a lot of kids of all ages there enjoying it......These kids have nothing to do so therefore are getting into mischief....DOES ANYONE CARE....I DON'T THINK SO.....I am sure a skating rink would bring in plenty of money and the schools can start up a hockey league as well as other things...then off season convert it in to a roller skating rink...I think it is well worth a try ....For the kids......They should also try to form groups of kids and try to start some dance contest , break dancing or what ever kind of dance they like ...there is so much that could be done for the kids today if some one would just give it a shot....Even have some where for kids to go to dances once a week ...I wish I had MONEY to open something for them , because i would love to do it.....Keep them busy and out of trouble ...that is the problem today parents HAVE to work to make it and no one is thinking of these kids.......

River Walk that is a joke , just some where to go and get Mugged ....Robbed beat up ...Yea rite river walk You would not catch Me walking it....It isn't even safe to walk down Franklin Ave any more never mind a river walk.......and Who the hell wants to look at that filthy river.....

Guest Come Clean Committee
Why don't they do something for the kids...Years ago We had the ice Skating rink, I think they should bring it back ...A lot of kids went then and most likely would go today as well...We have to take our kids to mountain side to go ice skating and there are a lot of kids of all ages there enjoying it......These kids have nothing to do so therefore are getting into mischief....DOES ANYONE CARE....I DON'T THINK SO.....I am sure a skating rink would bring in plenty of money and the schools can start up a hockey league as well as other things...then off season convert it in to a roller skating rink...I think it is well worth a try ....For the kids......They should also try to form groups of kids and try to start some dance contest , break dancing or what ever kind of dance they like ...there is so much that could be done for the kids today if some one would just give it a shot....Even have some where for kids to go to dances once a week ...I wish I had MONEY to open something for them , because i would love to do it.....Keep them busy and out of trouble ...that is the problem today parents HAVE to work to make it and no one is thinking of these kids.......

Has Peter B. and Chris Christie ever been to LUNCH!

After the argument before the Appellate Division on Monday, the developers are lucky they will keep their shirts. No matter how many positive articles the Star Ledger writes is not going to change the fact that the HRA improperly took the Adler, Amaral, and DeRose properties.