60 Minutes

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

I've contacted the news program "60 Minutes" to bring to their attention the "No Public Session" policy of the Harrison Town Council.

I mailed relevant information including a list of 38 towns that were surveyed to show that this policy is unique to Harrison.

They will review the information, conduct their own survey to determine the accuracy of my information and then decide if they want to look into it further.

Who knows ?? Harrison may be the only town in the United States where the public (the people that pay the town salaries) can't question the actions of the elected officials.

I've contacted the news program "60 Minutes" to bring to their attention the "No Public Session" policy of the Harrison Town Council.

I mailed relevant information including a list of 38 towns that were surveyed to show that this policy is unique to Harrison. 

They will review the information, conduct their own survey to determine the accuracy of my information and then decide if they want to look into it further.

Who knows ?? Harrison may be the only town in the United States where the public (the people that pay the town salaries) can't question the actions of the elected officials.

Great job. I would like to help. E-mail me at friendsofharriso@aol.com or speakup@friendsofharrison.com

This corruption has to stop!

Guest BlueTideBacker

Wouldn't you love to see Morley Safer sitting down with McDonough to explain why Harrison doesn't allow their residents to exercise their civil rights and speak at a PUBLIC FORUM. Anyone watching the show would think they were watching a tape of a program filmed in Russia.

Guest guest
Wouldn't you love to see Morley Safer sitting down with McDonough to explain why Harrison doesn't allow their residents to exercise their civil rights and speak at a PUBLIC FORUM.  Anyone watching the show would think they were watching a tape of a program filmed in Russia.

I would just to see who you MORANS are that have nothing better to do than hide behind your computers

Guest 1st Warder
I would just to see who you MORANS are that have nothing better to do than hide behind your computers

We don't just hide behind our computers. We go to council meetings. Unfortunately Mayor McDonough is too afraid of us questioning him publically (i.e. no public session at meeting) that we have to complain here. Thank god for KOTW, otherwise the corruption would be worse.

I read over the weekend about Menendez and Musto in Union City. Kick backs from the contractors building the schools. Sounded familiar to me and since our BOE is hand picked by McDonough and run by Higgins what happened in Union City over 20 years ago is not that far fetched.

McDonough open up the meeting to the public or simply resign and get out.

Moran's the towing company. (Did anyone know they "donated" to the McDonough for Mayor fund? And they are one of the towing companies that the town uses. Pay to play maybe!?)

-------------------

From Wikipedia:

In politics, Pay to Play is a practice engaged in by candidates for political office in which contracters and professionals will contribute large sums of money to a political campaign in return for favorable, generally no-bid contracts with the political subdivision to which the candidate is elected to.