Tacky timed litter letter

Guest Guest

Did anyone else find the timing of the “Litter Letter” tacky? When I received the mailing on Christmas Eve I thought I was opening a holiday greeting from the town only to find what I thought to be a loud and aggressive notice regarding litter. While I do like the idea of cracking down on the litter issue, I think if it had been mailed so that it was received after Christmas (which wouldn’t have taken much planning) it would have been better received or at a bare minimum it could have opened or concluded with a holiday greeting. ???? Who comprised this and was responsible for the timing? Bad form.

Did anyone else find the timing of the “Litter Letter” tacky? When I received the mailing on Christmas Eve I thought I was opening a holiday greeting from the town only to find what I thought to be a loud and aggressive notice regarding litter. While I do like the idea of cracking down on the litter issue, I think if it had been mailed so that it was received after Christmas (which wouldn’t have taken much planning) it would have been better received or at a bare minimum it could have opened or concluded with  a holiday greeting. ???? Who comprised this and was responsible for the timing? Bad form.

79112[/snapback]

Dont think the timing was tacky or wrong in case you have forgotton it is the same time every year that we receive the notice about garbage and recycling pick up thats why it came. this site cracks me up one time we complain about the way the town looks the next we complain about getting a letter that finally makes all the absentee land lords and others in town accountable and we complain about that too

Did anyone else find the timing of the “Litter Letter” tacky? When I received the mailing on Christmas Eve I thought I was opening a holiday greeting from the town only to find what I thought to be a loud and aggressive notice regarding litter. While I do like the idea of cracking down on the litter issue, I think if it had been mailed so that it was received after Christmas (which wouldn’t have taken much planning) it would have been better received or at a bare minimum it could have opened or concluded with  a holiday greeting. ???? Who comprised this and was responsible for the timing? Bad form.

79112[/snapback]

Why wasn't this "litter letter" written in English and Spanish like our election ballots? If you want to control litter, follow the garbage truck around. They spill more than they pick up.

Guest citizen

Question concerning this litter issue. If a group of the local thugs walk past your house with garbage from burger king such as cups wrappers etc., and decide to dump there refuse on your lawn, who is responsible for this garbage? and who receives the summons? Don't tell us the homeowner has the responsibility of these inconsiderate idiots!

79112[/snapback]

Usual villian, Doran ? He likes to write letters!

Dont think the timing was tacky or wrong in case you have forgotton it is the same time every year that we receive the notice about garbage and recycling pick up thats why it came. this site cracks me up one time we complain about the way the town looks the next we complain about getting a letter that finally makes all the absentee land lords and others in town accountable and we complain about that too

79161[/snapback]

I was in no way complaining about the substance of the letter but more of the format and timing. If you read correctly, I welcome the idea (and agree with other comment that it should have been written in both Spanish and English) but I do think that the writer could have simply ended or began with wishing people a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday or simply a Happy New Year would have been little to ask. This letter comes across as harsh and cold and that isn't the way to motivate people to a join forces or assist in any cause. Many people feel as though the leaders of this town care little if nothing about the average Joe and only care about themselves especially given what has been going on and written in the papers and this lack of common courtesy re-enforces these thoughts.. Small gestures can sometimes make all the difference.

Happy New Year.

Why wasn't this "litter letter" written in English and Spanish like our election ballots?  If you want to control litter, follow the garbage truck around.  They spill more than they pick up.

79184[/snapback]

Excellent points.

79161[/snapback]

The letter said tenants are accountable as well. Who gets the ticket then?

Question concerning this litter issue. If a group of the local thugs walk past your house with garbage from burger king such as cups wrappers etc., and decide to dump there refuse on your lawn, who is responsible for this garbage? and who receives the summons? Don't tell us the homeowner has the responsibility of these inconsiderate idiots!

79210[/snapback]

From the letter it said owner and tenants but something tells me the owner will be squeezed.

How can anyone argue against this. Let's hope it's followed through. The town has become disgusting in appearance. If the town becomes clean and the noise stops as well, I wouldn't care how many people you put in an apartment or who speaks what language.

79210[/snapback]

Good point. That is like giving the residents of Cleveland Ave tickets for street litter in front of their houses. The sweeper can't sweep when the cop cars are parked there during street cleaning.

Why wasn't this "litter letter" written in English and Spanish like our election ballots?  If you want to control litter, follow the garbage truck around.  They spill more than they pick up.

79184[/snapback]

was this a letter or a flyer? I only received a flyer, if you received a letter who signed it? and do not ask for Spanish it could be the writter don't know Spanish and that is OK this America, ballots are in both English and Spanish becouse your vote is needed.