Not Interested

Guest Ambivalent

Guest Ambivalent

Taken from the Kearny Journal:

"I spoke to him and he said he didn't feel like coming. He said he wasn't interested," said Deflim Sarabando, the organization's president."

- The president of Harrison's Portuguese American Community Center describing Mayor McDonough's response to being invited to their "Meet the Candidates Night".

"I spoke to him and he said he didn't feel like coming. He said he wasn't interested," said Deflim Sarabando, the organization's president."

- The president of Harrison's Portuguese American Community Center describing Mayor McDonough's response to being invited to their "Meet the Candidates Night".

Deflim needs to tell this to as many people as possible before Tuesday, because according to the Mayor's letter he sent out today (Thursday 6/1) he had something else to do.

NOW HE'S LYING TO US THROUGH THE MAIL. WHEN WILL IT END.

HOPEFULLY ON TUESDAY WITH A VOTE FOR HINCHY!

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*
Deflim needs to tell this to as many people as possible before Tuesday, because according to the Mayor's letter he sent out today (Thursday 6/1) he had something else to do.

NOW HE'S LYING TO US THROUGH THE MAIL.  WHEN WILL IT END.

Guest An Observer

Believe me - the mayor wasn't busy. He was offered several different nights and he still refused. He didn't want to attend any public forum, regardless of whether Mike Hinchcliffe was there or not. True to form, he even refused to meet with the Jersey Journal.

Guest Warren St. Neighbor
Believe me - the mayor wasn't busy.  He was offered several different nights and he still refused.  He didn't want to attend any public forum, regardless of whether Mike Hinchcliffe was there or not.  True to form, he even refused to meet with the Jersey Journal.

Yup, he's just a stand-up guy :angry:

No balls..and not much hair!

Guest Old School
PREJUDICE!!!!  The Portuguese and Spanish people alone will wipe him out!

I can't believe this Hincy sides with the Portuguese. I remember a time when everyone in this town spoke english.

Guest Nice Try Mayor
I can't believe this Hincy sides with the Portuguese. I remember a time when everyone in this town spoke english.

Thanks Mayor. I'm a Portuguese-American and I speak English. Isn't there a Peruvian-American on your ticket (1st Ward Council candidate) and didn't you run a Peruvian-American against Councilman Millan (who was on your own ticket). Why don't you insult them and ask them if they speak English.

Seems to me you disrespected the Portuguese-American's in town by refusing to come and meet them at an open forum (not a debate) at the Centro Romeu Cascaes. You've lost my vote and those of my family and every neighbor I can convince. Mr. Hinchcliffe did a fine job of answering questions and I was very proud that he took the time to come out to our little club. Portuguese-Americans have been an important part of the Harrison community and there was a time many of us supported you. We saw your true colors by your refusal to come to an open forum at our club.

Do you remember who Romeo Cascaes was? Would Mayor Rodgers had turned down an invitation? No way.

Are you so afraid that what you have done is so bad that you cannot come out to a public forum and answer some questions about your platform.

Go back and get rid of the quarters you stole with Tansky. You are going to need them for your defense fund.

Guest America

You ignorant son of a B**ch. I can't wait till you get what you diserve Tom. USA has not adopted any language as it's official language D**b a**. This town has lost all pride and has sold it-self to the devil. HINCHY ALL THE WAY

Guest What stinks???
Thanks Mayor.  I'm a Portuguese-American and I speak English.  Isn't there a Peruvian-American on your ticket (1st Ward Council candidate) and didn't you run a Peruvian-American against Councilman Millan (who was on your own ticket).  Why don't you insult them and ask them if they speak English. 

Seems to me you disrespected the Portuguese-American's in town by refusing to come and meet them at an open forum (not a debate) at the Centro Romeu Cascaes.  You've lost my vote and those of my family and every neighbor I can convince.  Mr. Hinchcliffe did a fine job of answering questions and I was very proud that he took the time to come out to our little club.  Portuguese-Americans have been an important part of the Harrison community and there was a time many of us supported you.  We saw your true colors by your refusal to come to an open forum at our club.

Do you remember who Romeo Cascaes was?  Would Mayor Rodgers had turned down an invitation?  No way. 

Are you so afraid that what you have done is so bad that you cannot come out to a public forum and answer some questions about your platform.

Go back and get rid of the quarters you stole with Tansky.  You are going to need them for your defense fund.

You'll probably stink of fish just like that Portuguese Loving Hincy.

Guest Guest

Thank God for the Portuguese people they have kept whats left of this town decent.

Guest Guest

Hinchy sides with anyone who is not ripping off the town and has good intentions and ideas to get this town by on its own two feet.

Guest Guest
Hinchy sides with anyone who is not ripping off the town and has good intentions and ideas to get this town by on its own two feet.

WELL SAID, THIS GUY REALY KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT JUST READ THE PAPERS, READ HIS LETTERS THIS MAN DESERVES A CHANCE TO GET THIS TOWN BACK ON ITS FEET, WE ARE FALLING DEEP INTO A HOLE AND I'M AFRAID THAT FOUR MORE YEARS OF THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL SIMPLY PUT HARRISON DEEPER INTO DEBTH. WAKE UP PEOPLE VOTE AND BE HEARD MR. HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR.

Guest Guest

Our Mayor is a joke, he can't even speak for himself.

Guest Guest
PREJUDICE!!!!  The Portuguese and Spanish people alone will wipe him out!

you are absolutely correct, do not under estimate the Spanish and Portuguese vote, WE LIVE HERE. The current regime thinks putting in this guy Jesus will help them, to the contrary this guy is a drunk and has no respect for women, there are many complaints about this guy, CHECK FOR YOURSELF, he is a looser.

Guest Guest

Please remember Delfin has many friends in this town, don't worry word is out.

Guest Guest

GUESS WHAT PAL, TIMES HAVE CHANGED DEAL WITH IT, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE PORTUGUESE ARE BAD PEOPLE, I WORK HARD FOR WHAT I HAVE AND PAY TAXES JUST LIKE YOU. I REALY DON'T CARE WHAT RACE OR ETHNICITY YOU ARE I WOULD STILL BE YOUR FRIEND. THANK YOU

Guest Guest
You'll probably stink of fish just like that Portuguese Loving Hincy.

TOM POWEL, CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP BY THE PORTUGUESE STAND AT THE MULTICULTURAL FEST AND EAT SOME, YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T HAD ANY IN A WHILE THAT IS THE REASON WHY YOU ARE SO UPTIGHT

Archived