Parking Mess

Guest Commuter

Guest Commuter

there is an article in the Jersey Journal about the parking mess in Harrison. Our Mayor and council steal property from long time business man and forget lighting and don't make plans for getting people in and out of the "redevelopment zone". Poor planning as usual. While the Police Chief is working on the lighting why doesn't he work on getting the sidewalk back in front of the Red Bulls stadium since the Buidling official hasn't ventured down that end of town yet. He's too busy inspecting the RiverPark townhouses

Parking Mess: Harrison

there is an article in the Jersey Journal about the parking mess in Harrison.  Our Mayor and council steal property from long time business man and forget lighting and don't make plans for getting people in and out of the "redevelopment zone".  Poor planning as usual.  While the Police Chief is working on the lighting why doesn't he work on getting the sidewalk back in front of the Red Bulls stadium since the Buidling official hasn't ventured down that end of town yet.  He's too busy inspecting the RiverPark townhouses

78521[/snapback]

Parking is a joke throughout the whole town!!!! The lot under 280 at night is a good bet you will either not have a car or missing parts. The commuters keep alot of money coming to town pretty soon they will be better off parking in NEWARK.

The developersand the town officials are raking in the money so screw the working slob that needs to earn money not TAKE

Guest BlueTideBacker
there is an article in the Jersey Journal about the parking mess in Harrison.  Our Mayor and council steal property from long time business man and forget lighting and don't make plans for getting people in and out of the "redevelopment zone".  Poor planning as usual.  While the Police Chief is working on the lighting why doesn't he work on getting the sidewalk back in front of the Red Bulls stadium since the Buidling official hasn't ventured down that end of town yet.  He's too busy inspecting the RiverPark townhouses

78521[/snapback]

This is only the tip of the iceberg, it all goes downhill from here. Don't worry

though, our mayor and council is on top of it.

Parking is a joke throughout the whole town!!!!  The lot under 280 at night is a good bet you will either not have a car or missing parts. The commuters keep alot of money coming to town pretty soon they will be better off parking in NEWARK.

The developersand the town officials are raking in the money so  screw the working slob that needs to earn money not TAKE

78536[/snapback]

There is less parking in Newark. Most are coming off Rt280 which dumps right into the Harrison parking lots for the PATH.

Screw the commuters that come to Harrison. They come and they go. They DO NOT spend any money in Harrison. They create traffic mess, pay no attention to traffic laws and throw their garbage (coffe cups etc..) rigth out the windows. See it first hand every day.

Even with the decrease in parking, Harrison still offers more parking than any other PATH or NJ transit rail station.

As for the lighting, the chief should be worried about the mess these commuters create. There never was any lighting, street lights, street signs in the PATH area. It was always an ignored area and still is.

They knock down buildings, close sidewalks and do nothing for the people that have to walk thru that area every day from Harrison and Kearny. There's dirt, garbage, mud all over. Smells like an environmental hazard as well. And never mind when it rains and snows.

Screw the commuters that come to Harrison. They come and they go. They DO NOT spend any money in Harrison. They create traffic mess, pay no attention to traffic laws and throw their garbage (coffe cups etc..) rigth out the windows. See it first hand every day.

Even with the decrease in parking, Harrison still offers more parking than any other PATH or NJ transit rail station.

As for the lighting, the chief should be worried about the mess these commuters create. There never was any lighting, street lights, street signs in the PATH area. It was always an ignored area and still is.

They knock down buildings, close sidewalks and do nothing for the people that have to walk thru that area every day from Harrison and Kearny. There's dirt, garbage, mud all over. Smells like an environmental hazard as well. And never mind when it rains and snows.

78749[/snapback]

You are 100% right. They want to take our parking spots so they can go to work. If we parked in front of their houses in Livingston or Short Hills they would scream bloody murder. NJ Transit trains have service from a lot of the suburbs to Penn Station. Let them take those trains instead of clogging up the town.

There is less parking in Newark. Most are coming off Rt280 which dumps right into the Harrison parking lots for the PATH.

78748[/snapback]

That is bull your finest make alot of rounds there that is where they give the tickets for more lining of the pockets

That is bull your finest make alot of rounds there that is where they give the tickets for more lining of the pockets

78839[/snapback]

First off, what are you trying to say. Secondly, take the PATH to Newark, walk around and tell me how many places you find to park. Less that Harrison!

78521[/snapback]

Tell me why Harrison should become a total parking lot for everyone who works in the meto area . Let them find other means of transportation to work . Why should we be subjected to non resident verbal abuse because they don't like sitting in traffic, TOO BAD !!!

All I can say is that these politicians were voted in. If you don't vote or continue to vote the way they tell you to this is what will continue to happen. I was at the town meeting a few weeks ago and no one was there. Get off of this site and get out and speak your opinions. Do you think the Mayor and council read this and say "Wow, good points, let's make a change"? I doubt it.

All I can say is that these politicians were voted in.  If you don't vote or continue to vote the way they tell you to this is what will continue to happen.  I was at the town meeting a few weeks ago and no one was there.  Get off of this site and get out and speak your opinions.  Do you think the Mayor and council read this and say "Wow, good points, let's make a change"?  I doubt it.

79046[/snapback]

The way this mayor and council are working maybe we will give them free parking for the next thirty years. Everyone else who comes to town is getting thirty years tax free.

All I can say is that these politicians were voted in.  If you don't vote or continue to vote the way they tell you to this is what will continue to happen.  I was at the town meeting a few weeks ago and no one was there.  Get off of this site and get out and speak your opinions.  Do you think the Mayor and council read this and say "Wow, good points, let's make a change"?  I doubt it.

79046[/snapback]

The purpose for this is to have all in town discuss ideas and exchange opinions. As I have found out, writing letter to the town and council is useless. So now by using this forum, we can find out how everyone feels and then present letters, petitions signed by many and present facts and opinions shared by many. Power in numbers. So now when I write letters I also copy some views from this board to show I'm not the only one who thinks a certain way about an issue.

BTW, not everyone can make the town meetings. So the only option is to keep writing letters. The mayor and each councilperson should also get into the 21st century and make an email address available to send issues.

79046[/snapback]

The decrease in parking is a good thing, not a bad thing. No one is looking for a change. Take all the parking away as far as I'm concerned. You can also close the Rt280 ramps as well.

The decrease in parking is a good thing, not a bad thing. No one is looking for a change. Take all the parking away as far as I'm concerned.  You can also close the Rt280 ramps as well.

79394[/snapback]

without the meters down by the path we will not be looking for anyone stealing from them like town employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The decrease in parking is a good thing, not a bad thing. No one is looking for a change. Take all the parking away as far as I'm concerned.  You can also close the Rt280 ramps as well.

79394[/snapback]

That will help property values, just because you don't go anywhere don't speak for the rest of us as if you know.