Traitors

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Today the US Senate voted on a bill that would designate English as the official language of the USA.

The bill passed but 34 democratic senators voted against the bill. I repeat, 34 democratic senators voted NO to make English the official language of the United

States.

Would any of the Kool-aid drinkers that occasionally come out from under their beds to post on this site help me to understand this ??

This has nothing to do with hating Bush or objecting to the war. This is un-american, un-patriotic and borders on traitorous.

I hope the voters remember this at election time.

Guest Guest

This will never be settled in Washington or by any State we have and election coming up let the people a vote (referendum) on it. With the consequences listed clearly in English What the voter will receive with a yes or no vote and give them the full impact statement I'm very confident what the outcome will be. It's a shame there is no leadership in government anywhere now or on the horizon. Tale cover folks. 9/11 is forgotten

Guest Guest
Today the US Senate voted on a bill that would designate English as the official language of the USA.

The bill passed but 34 democratic senators voted  against the bill.  I repeat, 34 democratic senators voted NO to make English the official language of the United

States.

Would  any of the Kool-aid drinkers that occasionally come out from under their beds to post on this site help me to understand this ??

This has nothing to do with hating Bush or objecting to the war. This is un-american, un-patriotic and borders on traitorous.

It's just another example of bipartisan BS. If you condemn this as bordering on traitorous how to you feel about embracing the government of Libya, KNOWN sponsors of terrorism? and it seems to me I've seen a number of Bush cmpaign signs in Spanish as well a hearing him pandering in Spamish to try and get some votes so don't be the pot callinh the kettle black.

Guest Guest

The bill passed but 34 democratic senators voted  against the bill.  I repeat, 34 democratic senators voted NO to make English the official language of the United

States.

Would  any of the Kool-aid drinkers that occasionally come out from under their beds to post on this site help me to understand this ??

English as an official language may be a nice concept but would likely be in "name" only.

How many years has the government been printing bilingual forms? It won't stop without a great number of lawsuits and as usual the one ones who will benefit are the lawyers.

The hispanic population represents a large amount of buying power, don't expect business to get on board that train, as usual in America, money talks (the language doesn't matter) and BS walks.

Guest Guest

States.

As usual just another showboat act like landing on an aircraft carrier and claiming you've done something. Why don't you explain what you think this bill is going to accomplish other than letting the legislators claim they're working? America has been defacto bi-lingual for many years, a bill is nit going to change that. It may even be unconstitutional as it may be a right of the states to declare a language and not Congress.

Guest Guest

States.

If our forefathers intended there to be an official language for the USA they would have included it in the original Constitution.

I have more of a problem with the non-independent thinkers on the republican side just doing as they are told by Boy George.

Guest Guest

States.

The vote is just politicians blindly following party lines without considering the issue.

In any case a law naming English the national langauage would likely be as effective as the national 55mph speed limit was at making people drive 55.

Guest 2smart4u
If our forefathers intended there to be an official language for the USA they would have included it in the original Constitution.

I have more of a problem with the non-independent thinkers on the republican side just doing as they are told by Boy George.

That's a bogus argument. You think the framers of the constitution should have foreseen the illegal immigration hundreds of years into the future ?? Have another swig of Kool-aid.

Guest Guest
That's a bogus argument. You think the framers of the constitution should have foreseen the illegal immigration hundreds of years into the future ??  Have another swig of Kool-aid.

The Constitution has actually held up quite well for 200+ years. no doubt better than any of us will.

There are no doubt a number of lawyers who will argue 1st amendment rights regarding this issue and it may require an amendment. Or since language is not specifically addressed in the Constitution it may be declared a power of individual states.

Guest Guest
That's a bogus argument. You think the framers of the constitution should have foreseen the illegal immigration hundreds of years into the future ??  Have another swig of Kool-aid.

They didn't forsee the AK-47, so should the current government repeal the right to bear arms?

Guest guest
As usual just another showboat act like landing on an aircraft carrier and claiming you've done something.  Why don't you explain what you think this bill is going to accomplish other than letting the legislators claim they're working?  America has been defacto bi-lingual for many years, a bill is nit going to change that.  It may even be unconstitutional as it may be a right of the states to declare a language and not Congress.

Yeah each State should declare their own language. :lol:

Guest Studies
I think you took too big a swig, you're a little confused. AK-47's are already illegal.

Incorrect. As long as you are willing to pay the $200.00 Tax (And dont live in the people's Republic of NJ) You can own pretty much whatever you want, from an Ak-47, up to, and including a Howitzer. Now, what you CAN own in NJ are Semi-Automatic Ak-47 TYPE firearms, as long as they comply with NJ's own Assault-Weapon statute.

Archived