New Kearny High Principal

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just go outside the Kearny School System to replace Frank. The School needs fresh ideas new face may do some good. If your worried about what the Unionized Teachers are going to think don't. They sure don't give your taxes a second thought. Our children come first who ever it is lets look for quality. Remember Santos has his BOE now so in reality it will be who the Mayor wants.

Guest P.T.A Member
Just go outside the Kearny School System to replace Frank. The School needs fresh ideas new face may do some good.  If your worried about what the Unionized Teachers are going to think don't. They sure don't give your taxes a second thought. Our children come first who ever it is lets look for quality. Remember Santos has his BOE now so in reality it will be who the Mayor wants.

Look and read the above post and if you people are smart enough,you would figure out it's the sore LOSER Billy Campbell. Billy i know you haven't been sleeping much at night because things are just not going your way. Maybe i can settle you down by me arranging a lunch meeting with Santos. The 3 of us should have enough to talk about, how about it *****.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
Look and read  the above post and if you people are smart enough,you would figure out it's the sore LOSER Billy Campbell. Billy i know you haven't been sleeping much at night because things are just not going your way. Maybe i can settle you down by me arranging a lunch meeting with Santos. The 3 of us should have enough to talk about, how about it *****.

Get real why do think the world revoles around Billy Campbell. People in the know see the election for what it was. Sour grapes maybe if you want to keep the county bunch out of our politics like Santos & company has said in the past. Just look at who is working for the County. Seeing an unemployable lawyer working for $72,000.00 a year at least he's not on welfare or maybe there is more there than meets the eye.

Guest Guest
Look and read  the above post and if you people are smart enough,you would figure out it's the sore LOSER Billy Campbell. Billy i know you haven't been sleeping much at night because things are just not going your way. Maybe i can settle you down by me arranging a lunch meeting with Santos. The 3 of us should have enough to talk about, how about it *****.

sorry, not b.c. try again.

Guest a new idea

I apologize if my post is printed twice but the computer I am using lost the site and I am not sure if my post was entered or not. If it was entered then it is incomplete so I will re-post.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the Board go to the high school and talk to some of the teachers and DC's (after all they are the ones in the trenches and know the best) and get their feelings on prospective candidates for the principal's job. Some of the candidates mentioned on this site are currently within the district so why not see what the people they could be working with feel about them. Who is respected by the teachers? Who is actually in their offices doing work not talking to friends on the phone or playing on the internet? Who sneaks out early each day or disappears for extended lunches? This might help to eliminate some of the choices. Let's pick someone who wants to do the job because they care about the kids not for the glory it will bring to them personally. It is amazing how some people have recently volunteered for all kinds of jobs just so it will look good on their resumes as they seek to move up the ladder. They are so busy trying to impress that they are neglecting their immediate duties and it is pretty obvious to those who work with and around them. These are the candidates who should not even be considered.

Take the time to look at what they are actually doing in their present jobs. Talk to the people who work under them. Walk into the schools and ask what the teachers really think of these candidates; after all if they are respected then the school will run much more smoothly under his/her direction.

The teachers are there every day. They see what is going on and I am sure they have some solid opinions that could prove very useful in selecting the best candidate for the job. It is not about who looks good on paper or can schmooze the best in the interview process. It is about a person who wants to make the high school a better place. A person who is willing to put the time in that it takes.

Let's not let politics dictate who gets the job. It should not be about who is friends with who; or who is related to who. This practice was too commonplace in the past and should be avoided. Instead, lets try something unique and pick the best person for the position.

Here is a very novel suggestion: Walk into the school buildings after three o'clock and see who is still around working. You will only find one or two and I am willing to bet if you ask the teachers about these individuals you will get very positive remarks. They are there late because they care about what they are doing.They are not running out with the kids at 2:30 like some do.

Why not have some high school teachers on the committee to interview so they can give some essential insight as to what is really going on in the building?

The information is out there if you, as an elected Board care enough to take the time to talk to the people who really know and care. Ask the teachers - they will tell the truth!

Guest Guest
I apologize if my post is printed twice but the computer I am using lost the site and I am not sure if my post was entered or not. If it was entered then it is incomplete so I will re-post.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the Board go to the high school and talk to some of the teachers and DC's (after all they are the ones in the trenches and know the best) and get their feelings on prospective candidates for the principal's job. Some of the candidates mentioned on this site are currently within the district so why not see what the people they could be working with feel about them. Who is respected by the teachers? Who is actually in their offices doing work not talking to friends on the phone or playing on the internet? Who sneaks out early each day or disappears for extended lunches? This might help to eliminate some of the choices. Let's pick someone who wants to do the job because they care about the kids not for the glory it will bring to them personally. It is amazing how some people have recently volunteered for all kinds of jobs just so it will look good on their resumes as they seek to move up the ladder.  They are so busy trying to impress that they are neglecting their immediate duties and it is pretty obvious to those who work with and around them. These are the candidates who should not even be considered.

Take the time to look at what they are actually doing in their present jobs. Talk to the people who work under them. Walk into the schools and ask what the teachers really think of these candidates; after all if they are respected then the school will run much more smoothly under his/her direction.

The teachers are there every day. They see what is going on and I am sure they have some solid opinions that could prove very useful in selecting the best candidate for the job. It is not about who looks good on paper or can schmooze the best in the interview process. It is about a person who wants to make the high school a better place. A person who is willing to put the time in that it takes.

Let's not let politics dictate who gets the job. It should not be about who is friends with who; or who is related to who. This practice was too commonplace in the past and should be avoided. Instead, lets try something unique and pick the best person  for the position.

Here is a very novel suggestion: Walk into the school buildings after three o'clock and see who is still around working. You will only find one or two and I am willing to bet if you ask the teachers about these individuals you will get very positive remarks. They are there late because they care about what they are doing.They are not running out with the kids at 2:30 like some do.

Why not have some high school teachers on the committee to interview so they can give some essential insight as to what is really going on in the building?

The information is out there if you, as an elected Board care enough to take the time to talk to the people who really know and care. Ask the teachers - they will tell the truth!

That is not a new idea. If done properly and according to protocol, the committee to search for the knew principal will include current teachers, former teachers, administrators, the KHS PTA President, as well as BOE members.

Guest Guest

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the Board go to the high school and talk to some of the teachers and DC's (after all they are the ones in the trenches and know the best) and get their feelings on prospective candidates for the principal's job. Some of the candidates mentioned on this site are currently within the district so why not see what the people they could be working with feel about them. Who is respected by the teachers? Who is actually in their offices doing work not talking to friends on the phone or playing on the internet? Who sneaks out early each day or disappears for extended lunches? This might help to eliminate some of the choices. Let's pick someone who wants to do the job because they care about the kids not for the glory it will bring to them personally. It is amazing how some people have recently volunteered for all kinds of jobs just so it will look good on their resumes as they seek to move up the ladder.  They are so busy trying to impress that they are neglecting their immediate duties and it is pretty obvious to those who work with and around them. These are the candidates who should not even be considered.

Let's not let politics dictate who gets the job. It should not be about who is friends with who; or who is related to who. This practice was too commonplace in the past and should be avoided. Instead, lets try something unique and pick the best person  for the position.

And now let's all take a deep breath and come back down to earth! :rolleyes:

Archived