HARRISON-THE FALL OF THE LOST CITY

Guest DAN

Guest DAN

Harrison wake up and see what this mayor is doing to us, Walmart will soon be on Harrison Ave. in Kearny, the redevelopment at the other end, and nothing is being done in our our center of town, there will be no business no parks, no parades, nothing that brings our community together, people will be driving in through our small community and they will park and go to work, they will go to the water front and they will ride back out through our town and look around and say that this is a run down town with grills on the remainding store fronts, garbbage all over the streets, and our mayor will be in his water front town home laughing at all of us and reeping the benifits that he received from the developers.

Guest Guest
Harrison wake up and see what this mayor is doing to us, Walmart will soon be on Harrison Ave. in Kearny, the redevelopment at the other end, and nothing is being done in our our center of town, there will be no business no parks, no parades, nothing that brings our community together, people will be driving in through our small community and they will park and go to work, they will go to the water front and they will ride back out through our town and look around and say that this is a run down town with grills on the remainding store fronts, garbbage all over the streets, and our mayor will be in his water front town home laughing at all of us and reeping the benifits that he received from the developers.

Give me a break with the whinning about parades already. There are so MANY more issues to be dealt with than not having parades.... how old are you 5?

Guest Guest
Give me a break with the whinning about parades already. There are so MANY more issues to be dealt with than not having parades.... how old are you 5?

Are you picking on five year olds? They need recreation too you know.

Guest Guest

I think touching on the parades was a good idea. All of the crap that goes on in this town, why not bring back the Halloween Parade. It brought everyone out and everyone enjoyed it, even people from other towns. All you hear is how the redevelopment is bringing in so much money, can't we afford the parade?

Guest Guest

no I am not 5 but I was at one time and I loved those days that you met people when attending these parades, Holloween Parade, Memorial Day Parade, and we had block parties where everyone got together and thats how you got to know people in your neighborhood. I WOULD LIKE FOR MY CHILDREN TO HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE IN MY COMMUNITY, CAUSE USUALY WE TAKE THEM TO OTHER TOWNS THAT HAVE THOSE HAPPENINGS GOING ON. WHY CAN'T HARRISON HAVE THAT? I AM SURE THAT WE CAN GET PLENTY OF VOLUNTEERS WHO WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE...... THANK YOU FOR CARING.....GROUCH...SMILE

Guest Guest
no I am not 5 but I was at one time and I loved those days that you met people when attending these parades, Holloween Parade, Memorial Day Parade, and we had block parties where everyone got together and thats how you got to know people in your neighborhood.  I WOULD LIKE FOR MY CHILDREN TO HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE IN MY COMMUNITY, CAUSE USUALY WE TAKE THEM TO OTHER TOWNS THAT HAVE THOSE HAPPENINGS GOING ON. WHY CAN'T HARRISON HAVE THAT?  I AM SURE THAT WE CAN GET PLENTY OF VOLUNTEERS WHO WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE......  THANK YOU FOR CARING.....GROUCH...SMILE

Then do it, volunteer and stop whining. Apply for a permit and have a block party.

Guest Guest
no I am not 5 but I was at one time and I loved those days that you met people when attending these parades, Holloween Parade, Memorial Day Parade, and we had block parties where everyone got together and thats how you got to know people in your neighborhood.  I WOULD LIKE FOR MY CHILDREN TO HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE IN MY COMMUNITY, CAUSE USUALY WE TAKE THEM TO OTHER TOWNS THAT HAVE THOSE HAPPENINGS GOING ON. WHY CAN'T HARRISON HAVE THAT?  I AM SURE THAT WE CAN GET PLENTY OF VOLUNTEERS WHO WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE......  THANK YOU FOR CARING.....GROUCH...SMILE

Yeah but whats the point? You won't know anyone at the parades anymore anyway! If there is extra cash laying around (LOL) it would be better spent on easter break programs, christmas break, summer programs, etc. It would be great if people would volunteer to run these type of things. Money well spent over time instead of in the 1/2 hour it takes to walk up FDR blvd. Make sense?

Guest guest
I think touching on the parades was a good idea.  All of the crap that goes on in this town, why not bring back the Halloween Parade.  It brought everyone out and everyone enjoyed it, even people from other towns.  All you hear is how the redevelopment is bringing in so much money, can't we afford the parade?

And what about a park and a field for the young kids too play ball etc., shoot baskets etc.? Parents living in those new condoes wouldn't want their young kids to have to walk across town to find a place to play. It'sot fair or safe in these times. They need a place to play close to home.

Would the Mayor or someone in the redevelopment respond as to your 'plans' in this area of interest?

Guest Guest

THE PARADE COSTS ABOUT $95000 TO RUN AND ORGANIZED . IF BILLY-BOY WOULD RETURN THE MONEY HE STOLE, WE COULD HAVE ONE MORE PARADE, FOR OLD TIME SAKE------MAKE HIM THE GRAND MARSHALL????????

Archived