KFD

Guest Guest

Are the Fireman on the Christmas Engine going to be on overtime or will the guys at the firehouse be on overtime. I feel that nobody is going to do it for free. So whats the answer. MO Money

Are the Fireman on the Christmas Engine going to be on overtime or will the guys at the firehouse be on overtime.  I feel that nobody is going to do it for free.  So whats the answer. MO Money

76711[/snapback]

Like most on this board, long on opinions and short on fact. The KFD does this parade every year, and no one has ever asked for overtime.

Like most on this board, long on opinions and short on fact.  The KFD does this parade every year, and no one has ever asked for overtime.

76736[/snapback]

The KFD and KPD DO A FINE JOB FOR THE TOWN.They can,t help it their understaffed and the mayor is paying 2 people to run recreation and a moron Business Administrator who is wasting millions of dollars on lawyer fees against the unions.Get rid OF THEM AND PUT MORE POLICE AND FIREMEN ON THE JOB!!!!

In my opinion, I agree that the Police Dept. needs more personnel and supervisors, but the kfd is way out of control. More cops, less fireman. A very few fires a year vs. more violent crimes every day. Take your pick. Sleepers (KFD) vs. security (KPD). No brainer.

In my opinion, I agree that the Police Dept. needs more personnel and supervisors, but the kfd is way out of control.  More cops, less fireman.  A very few fires a year vs. more violent crimes every day.  Take your pick.  Sleepers (KFD) vs. security (KPD).  No brainer.

77375[/snapback]

I wouldn't touch this. Pretty certain D'Arco would love to see some infighting amongst town employees.

Forget the hoola hoop, Alvin. I just want to see the council run D'Arco instead of the other way around. Councilman Krusznis you should be ashamed of your vote. Perhaps we can reduce the size of the workforce at the jails. Would your vote be the same?? I wonder.

In my opinion, I agree that the Police Dept. needs more personnel and supervisors, but the kfd is way out of control.  More cops, less fireman.  A very few fires a year vs. more violent crimes every day.  Take your pick.  Sleepers (KFD) vs. security (KPD).  No brainer.

77375[/snapback]

If your smoke alarm goes off while your asleep who would you choose then?

I wouldn't touch this.  Pretty certain D'Arco would love to see some infighting amongst town employees.

Forget the hoola hoop, Alvin.  I just want to see the council run D'Arco instead of the other way around.  Councilman Krusznis you should be ashamed of your vote.  Perhaps we can reduce the size of the workforce at the jails.  Would your vote be the same??  I wonder.

77517[/snapback]

So your complaint is that Krusznis should be ashamed of himself for his vote, is that because the Police & Fireman thought that he would "Rubber Stamp" his vote ? What your actually saying is "How dare he vote that way, he's in the business" !!! Could his vote have been based on the fact that the Department is "Top Heavy" ? Are you saying that he should have voted to keep the Deputy Chiefs regardless ? Isn't it true that they (The Deputy Chief's) hold the equalivent rank as he does ? (and that he also passed promotional exams for Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain & Deputy Warden through competitive testing given by the New Jersey Department of Personnel). Could it be possible that in his twenty-three (23) years of experience, In addition to his extensive Training and Management experience, and his prior experience conducting staffing analysis, Determining staffing needs etc... affords him with a basis for drawing his own independent conclusions ?

Additionally, I have personally spoken to him, and his decision was based soley upon the fact that this reduction (of the Deputy Chief Position) will put a "Front Line Supervisor" on the Streets, where they are urgently needed, and will not reduce the staffing of "Non-Administrative Personnel". He also told me (ask him yourself if you don't believe me) that he is not against INCREASING THE PRESENT TABLE OF ORGINIZATION, as it pertains to Patrolmen and possibly Sergeants in an effort to combat crime in the Town of Kearny. Perhaps, if people thought rationally, they too would understand that there is no need for three (3) Deputy Chiefs, but there is a need for that Additional Sergeant's position.

And to answer your other question, there was a reduction of Deputy Wardens at the Jail, when Krusznis was promoted, he was the Deputy Warden of Operations with another Deputy Warden performing the Deputy Warden Administrative postion, there is Now only one (1) Deputy Warden Administration/Operations ! It's called doing moore with less or consolidation of duties (it's not unique in Hudson County or Kearny, it's practiced Nationwide)

77375[/snapback]

Thats probably the most ignorant statement I have ever seen. Comparing police and fire fighters jobs is like comparing apples and oranges. Are you telling me the fire fighters should work 24 straight with out being able to sleep? We need both more police officers and fire fighters. The amount or lack there of, of both is rediculous. Crimes are only happening more frequently in this town and becoming more violent, and the F.D doesn't do just fire fighitng. They cut people out of cars when they get into a wreck, they perform EMS duties when the ambulance is busy and they are always busy!, plus the do service calls such as your wires down, carbon monoxide detectors offset, flooded basement and so on. So you people that are trying to start a war between the p.d and f.d on here, its just not going to hapapen, the members in both departments have tremendous respect for each other and they know both jobs are just as tough as the other and just as dangerous. While we are on the subject we need more EMTS! One Ambulance isnt cutting it.

If your smoke alarm goes off while your asleep who would you choose then?

77639[/snapback]

Open your eyes. I choose the police. They are up and on patrol, while the firemen sleep in their beds at night.

So your complaint is that Krusznis should be ashamed of himself for his vote, is that because the Police & Fireman thought that he would "Rubber Stamp" his vote ?  What your actually saying is "How dare he vote that way, he's in the business" !!!  Could his vote have been based on the fact that the Department is "Top Heavy" ? Are you saying that he should have voted to keep the Deputy Chiefs regardless ?  Isn't it true that they (The Deputy Chief's) hold the equalivent rank as he does ? (and that he also passed promotional exams for Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain & Deputy Warden through competitive testing given by the New Jersey Department of Personnel).  Could it be possible that in his twenty-three (23) years of experience, In addition to his extensive Training and Management experience, and his prior experience conducting staffing analysis, Determining staffing needs etc... affords him with a basis for drawing his own independent conclusions ?                                       

Additionally, I have personally spoken to him, and his decision was based soley upon the fact that this reduction (of the Deputy Chief Position) will put a "Front Line Supervisor" on the Streets, where they are urgently needed, and will not reduce the staffing of "Non-Administrative Personnel". He also told me (ask him yourself if you don't believe me) that he is not against INCREASING THE PRESENT TABLE OF ORGINIZATION, as it pertains to Patrolmen and possibly Sergeants in an effort to combat crime in the Town of Kearny. Perhaps, if people thought rationally, they too would understand that there is no need for three (3) Deputy Chiefs, but there is a need for that Additional Sergeant's position.

And to answer your other question, there was a reduction of Deputy Wardens at the Jail, when Krusznis was promoted, he was the Deputy Warden of Operations with another Deputy Warden performing the Deputy Warden Administrative postion, there is Now only one (1) Deputy Warden Administration/Operations ! It's called doing moore with less or consolidation of duties (it's not unique in Hudson County or Kearny, it's practiced Nationwide)

77728[/snapback]

Why is the Mayor and Council attacking only the police department. What about Kearny Fire Department??? A long time ago they had the rank of Lieutenants and did away with the rank and made all of them Captains. Now the Fire Dept. has 5 (five) Deputy Chiefs and 25 (Twenty Five) Captains. If the Mayor and Council want to be fair, why not bring back the rank of Lieutenants and save the town some real money or do they only attack the Police Department????

So your complaint is that Krusznis should be ashamed of himself for his vote, is that because the Police & Fireman thought that he would "Rubber Stamp" his vote ?  What your actually saying is "How dare he vote that way, he's in the business" !!!  Could his vote have been based on the fact that the Department is "Top Heavy" ? Are you saying that he should have voted to keep the Deputy Chiefs regardless ?  Isn't it true that they (The Deputy Chief's) hold the equalivent rank as he does ? (and that he also passed promotional exams for Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain & Deputy Warden through competitive testing given by the New Jersey Department of Personnel).  Could it be possible that in his twenty-three (23) years of experience, In addition to his extensive Training and Management experience, and his prior experience conducting staffing analysis, Determining staffing needs etc... affords him with a basis for drawing his own independent conclusions ?                                       

77728[/snapback]

OH NO, LOGIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People on this board are not prepared for logical reasoning.

Let's see how this well prepared response gets spun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open your eyes. I choose the police. They are up and on patrol, while the firemen sleep in their beds at night.

77785[/snapback]

Take it from me. I used to think the same as you.....that was until a cop showed up and left his cop car in front of my house the fire trucks had to wait until he moved it. Well on the bright side the 3 new houses look nice!

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

77375[/snapback]

Here's a guy who either failed the FD exam and is now bitter and jealous, OR

he's a cop who doesn't like his job and is jealous of the FD. Either way he's

a loser.

77728[/snapback]

You're post is right on the money. The problem is that the police department, like many government organizations is top heavy. It's hard to believe that Chief Dowie can tell people with a straight face that he has 3 Deputy Chiefs on the same shift and that he needs them to help keep the Latin Kings out of Kearny. What he needs is more people on the front lines not pushingf papers and tolling around Kearny.

Worse yet, these people see themselves as entitled to these positions because of their family name or the fact that they've hung around long enough and passed some tests.

Take it from me.  I used to think the same as you.....that was until a cop showed up and left his cop car in front of my house the fire trucks had to wait until he moved it.  Well on the bright side the 3 new houses look nice!

78004[/snapback]

The cop was saving lives. As you see what happens when firemen work 24 hours on 3 days off with no sleep?????

The cop was saving lives. As you see what happens when firemen work 24 hours on 3 days off with no sleep?????

78190[/snapback]

HUH? nobody was saved. W were all out of the house but they couldnt get to the house becasue of an abandoned patrol car. Make sense know?