6 MILLION IN AID

Guest LBI

HARRISON IS GETTING 6 MILLION IN AID FROM THE STATE AND THERE IS STILL GOING TO BE AN 8% TAX RAISE.

THE HPD CAN'T GET NEW EQUIPMENT OR MAKE PROMOTIONS, YET THE 3RD. HAS A PENSION OF OVER $170,000.

THE STADIUM IS GOING UP JUST FOR SOCCER AND THE TOWN FLOATED 40 MILLION IN BONDS THAT NEED TO BE PAID OFF BY THE TAXPAYERS.

NO WONDER THE STATE OF NJ IS IN SUCH A BAD STATE. THEY GIVE 6 MILLION IN AID TO A TOWN THAT HIS INCOMPETENT OFFICIALS RUNNING IT AND THEN SAY THEY NEED TO RAISE THE TOLLS SO THAT THEY CAN BALANCE THEIR BUDGET.

CORZINE IS THE WORST GOVERNOR WEVE HAD. I HOPE THE E-MAILS THAT HE WROTE TO HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND ARE RELASED SO THAT THE PUBLIC CAN SEE WHAT A REAL IDIOT HE IS. :rolleyes:

HARRISON IS GETTING 6 MILLION IN AID FROM THE STATE AND THERE IS STILL GOING TO BE AN 8% TAX RAISE.

THE HPD CAN'T GET NEW EQUIPMENT OR MAKE PROMOTIONS, YET THE 3RD. HAS A PENSION OF OVER $170,000.

THE STADIUM IS GOING UP JUST FOR SOCCER AND THE TOWN FLOATED 40 MILLION IN BONDS THAT NEED TO BE PAID OFF BY THE TAXPAYERS.

NO WONDER THE STATE OF NJ IS IN SUCH A BAD STATE. THEY GIVE 6 MILLION IN AID TO A TOWN THAT HIS INCOMPETENT OFFICIALS RUNNING IT AND THEN SAY THEY NEED TO RAISE THE TOLLS SO THAT THEY CAN BALANCE THEIR BUDGET.

CORZINE IS THE WORST GOVERNOR WEVE HAD. I HOPE THE E-MAILS THAT HE WROTE TO HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND ARE RELASED SO THAT THE PUBLIC CAN SEE WHAT A REAL IDIOT HE IS.  :(

75796[/snapback]

and the word of the day boys and girls is.............yes that's right .MISAPPROPRATION

Guest It's called GREED

And they don't care if the tax payers are happy.

Councilman Doran:

By your actions, I publicly question your loyalty to the party that has surely benefited you. (Observer Editorial)

Chairman of the Re-Development and more, Peter Higgins:

"I don't think the average taxpayer would think that was fair, but I didn't create the situation," Higgins said. "I didn't create these rules.""State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Love Stupid Tax payers

Guest Pershing Rifles !

CORZINE IS THE WORST GOVERNOR WEVE HAD. I HOPE THE E-MAILS THAT HE WROTE TO HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND ARE RELASED SO THAT THE PUBLIC CAN SEE WHAT A REAL IDIOT HE IS.  :lol:

75796[/snapback]

Why can't Peter B. and Chris Christie chair the committee that will handle the voucher program for the $6,000,000.00 Peter B. won't mis-appropriate any of the monies, he has everyone's interest at heart! When is **** ****** ***** ** ****?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

A month ago everyone was appauled by what they read in the newspaper and were sure that many of the politicians are going to jail......now just 1 month later the State of NJ is giving Harrison 6.6 million.

Seems to me that the state would not invest that much money in a town unless things are being done on the up & up ..... and all of you nitwits who are crying corruption ... don't know what your talking about :lol:

Guest BlueTideBacker

Councilman Doran:

By your actions, I publicly question your loyalty to the party that has surely benefited you. (Observer Editorial)

"I don't think the average taxpayer would think that was fair, but I didn't create the situation," Higgins said. "I didn't create these rules.""State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Love Stupid Tax payers

75928[/snapback]

The state has finally recognized that Harrison cannot be allowed to make their

own decisions anymore. The town can no longer blink without asking the state

for permission. This free-wheeling, money-for-nothing attitude is at it's end and

it's about freakin' time.

Councilman Doran:

Love Stupid Tax payers

75928[/snapback]

Even Ray Charles can see the coruption LOL!!!

A month ago everyone was appauled by what they read in the newspaper and were sure that many of the politicians are going to jail......now just 1 month later the State of NJ is giving Harrison 6.6 million.

Seems to me that the state would not invest that much money in a town unless  things are being done on the up & up ..... and all of you nitwits who are crying corruption ... don't know what your talking about  :o

75989[/snapback]

You have to read the stipulations behind the 6mil... Harrison will now have a freeze on hiring, as well as raises... so all you ass kissers are left out in the cold...

Guest Guest_Quest_*
You have to read the stipulations behind the 6mil...  Harrison will now have a freeze on hiring, as well as raises... so all you ass kissers are left out in the cold...

76177[/snapback]

How come no meeting tonight??

How come no meeting tonight??

76215[/snapback]

Because our so called mayor has changed it to FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2007 6PM, so that it is convinient for all town residents, taxpayer and business owers!!!!!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL KEEPING US IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS REALY GOING ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS...

You have to read the stipulations behind the 6mil...  Harrison will now have a freeze on hiring, as well as raises... so all you ass kissers are left out in the cold...

76177[/snapback]

Hey jackass those same stipulations have been in effect since they first recieved the aid. It hasn't stopped them nor will it! LOL

Hey jackass those same stipulations have been in effect since they first recieved the aid.  It hasn't stopped them nor will it!  LOL

76254[/snapback]

That's right, Harrison has had an overseer for several years to monitor it's spending. They treat him like a JO and don't even let him see the books. They have been successfully working around him for years. Nothing is going to change.

Because our so called mayor has changed it to FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2007 6PM, so that it is convinient for all town residents, taxpayer and business owers!!!!!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL KEEPING US IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS REALY GOING ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS...

76233[/snapback]

The following reply was under the topic POlice budget, I found it interesting:

How about everybody showing up at the town hall next friday, December 14, at 6:00p.m. The town meeting was supposed to be tonight but they postponed it to Friday the 14th in the hopes that not many people would show up and they can then easily pass the 11 MILLION DOLLARS that the council wants to bond without anybody noticing it!!!

That's right folks our esteemed mayor and his band of merry thieves wants to bond an additional 11 MILLION DOLLARS for the parking deck!!! 40+11=51 MILLION DOLLARS thus far. FOR A PARKING DECK!! And they would like to do it before January 1st cuz after the new year they won't have Vic or Mike any longer and they know Maria's not gonna go for it and they're not really sure which way Nascimento is gonna roll.

Hey Mr. Mayor: Can you say "RECALL"?

That's right, Harrison has had an overseer for several years to monitor it's spending.  They treat him like a JO and don't even let him see the books.  They have been successfully working around him for years.  Nothing is going to change.

76317[/snapback]

Thanks for the aid given by the state of NJ but my taxes still went up $800.00 can you believe that? what happened with the 4% cap that the goverment imposed. I forgot this is Harrison and they will do what they want. WOW and all the unions in town are without a contract, so I guess they will go up again next year too, thank god for redevelopment its really helping all the taxpayers that have been here all of there life.

ITS CALLED ROBBERY maybe the chief could re-classify this crime that is being committed by these politicians.

11 million for a parking deck is one of the smarter things they can do. Parking by Harrison PATH is a cash cow. Take a look at the number of cars in the morning. So instead of collecting 15% Harrison parking tax, the town can collect the 100-120 dollars a month it costs to park there.

I am not sure what is happening to all the existing lots privately owned. I already see some of the private existing parking availability reduced.

There is a major market for parking dollars and the town should do all they can to get their piece of the pie. Harrison desparately needs revenue sources.

11 million for a parking deck is one of the smarter things they can do. Parking by Harrison PATH is a cash cow. Take a look at the number of cars in the morning. So instead of collecting 15% Harrison parking tax, the town can collect the 100-120 dollars a month it costs to park there.

I am not sure what is happening to all the existing lots privately owned. I already see some of the private existing parking availability reduced.

There is a major market for parking dollars and the town should do all they can to get their piece of the pie. Harrison desparately needs revenue sources.

76455[/snapback]

Thanks JimmyBoy for your valuable insight. How will you vote?

Guest Harrison Senior

76455[/snapback]

Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think I am, the County is getting the revenues

from the parking deck. That was reported in the Jersey Journal a while back.

Besides, you really don't think the mayor and council is capable of making a wise

decision, do you ?

76455[/snapback]

I agree with you on the part that Harrison needs the revenue, but, Harrison will not be running this parking deck, the County reap all the benefits from it. Harrison should have its own Parking Authority and should be able to run the parking deck, and benefit from it, but thats not going to happen unless the residents speak out against having the parking deck being run by the County and having a private company actualy hired to run the deck. We must all stick together on this and not allow it......

Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think I am,  the County is getting the revenues

Besides, you really don't think the mayor and council is capable of making a wise

decision, do you ?

76640[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY NOT, BESIDES THE ONE MAKING THE DECISION FOR THEM (THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL) IS HIGGINS.

76455[/snapback]

So we can buy more clocks for other parts of town.

Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think I am,  the County is getting the revenues

decision, do you ?

76640[/snapback]

The Hudson Co. Improvement Authority is getting the revenue to repay the Bonds they issued to build the garage, then the revenue reverts to the town. That's how these finance agreements usually work.

So we can buy more clocks for other parts of town.

76698[/snapback]

The Clock in the new streetscape by town hall looks nice and should help instill pride in all who see it! You are only sorry that you didn't think of it.

The Clock in the new streetscape by town hall looks nice and should help instill pride in all who see it! You are only sorry that you didn't think of it.

76720[/snapback]

It's thinking like yours that keep a lot of residents from having pride in Harrison. Let me guess, you work for the town, right.

The Hudson Co. Improvement Authority is getting the revenue to repay the Bonds they issued to build the garage, then the revenue reverts to the town. That's how these finance agreements usually work.

76719[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware. Nice to see some with insight here. Most are worried about clocks and town jobs. The least of the problems.