Snow

Guest TheDuke

Guest resident

I think that Kearny should invest some money in the melting machine like Harrison. Where is all our taxpayers money going to? The street in Kearny are horrible. No parking anywhere because of the snow. It will be here till it melts. Shame on the town of Kearny. God forbid the KPD or KFD need to get down the side streets in a hurry, they are not going to far. The side streets are the worst. :rolleyes:

Guest taxpayer

I THINK THE STREETS AND THE SIDEWALKS ARE HORRIBLE. THE TOWN SHOULD BE ASHAMED. EVEN THE EMERGENCY STREETS ARE NOT PLOWED CORRECTLY. IT IS DANGEROUS OUT THERE.

Let's all sing together

It's the most wonderful time of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!

I think it is VERY nervy of people to ASSUME since they dug their car out of that spot it's theirs until the last bit of snow melts. I think the town should do something about that - you DON'T own the parking spot regardless of how long it took you to dig your car out.

I think it is deplorable that Shuyler School, KHS, an St Steph's scholl were not plowed in front of. I don't know about the others. Yet Seely ave was plowed down to the blacktop Monday. Who lives there?

Guest Guest 1
I THINK THE STREETS AND THE SIDEWALKS ARE HORRIBLE. THE TOWN SHOULD BE ASHAMED. EVEN THE EMERGENCY STREETS ARE NOT PLOWED CORRECTLY. IT IS DANGEROUS OUT THERE.

Kearny has always had an ungoing snow removal program...it's called spring!

I think it is deplorable that Shuyler School, KHS, an St Steph's scholl were not plowed in front of. I don't know about the others. Yet Seely ave was plowed down to the blacktop Monday. Who lives there?

Not Seeley by Schuyler up to Elm! Where the traffic in the morning is horrendous! To anwer your ? I don't know who lives there but Seeley Ave is one of the 1st roads to be plowed completely in a snow emergency. All cars are supposed to be removed if they are parked there,but that has never happened.

Guest Kearny Resident

Here is an Idea!!!! Street cleaning days should still be in effect. Instead of picking up the little bit of leaves that are down on the ground use the same days and get the plows out and remove the snow. Why is it when snow is on the ground they do not clean the streets? Is it because it is alittle more work? Parking is terrible in Kearny, and people do put out there cans, chairs etc. and if you do move them believe me WATCH OUT FOR THE NEW SCRATCHES YOUR CAR MAY GET. Solve the problem and pick up the snow on street cleaning days. This will keep the town happy. :lol:

I agree - I was just saying the same thing to my parents when I was down there shoveling out their driveway area because the people who parked on the street near their driveway - dumped all the snow right in front of their driveway. Street cleaning days in the winter months should be for snow removal.

As for the the main streets - Kearny Ave, Schuyler, etc.....there should be "No parking when road is snow covered" and that way they can be cleared curb to curb with no huge mountains of snow at every corner!

Guest DPW DUDE
Here is an Idea!!!! Street cleaning days should still be in effect. Instead of picking up the little bit of leaves that are down on the ground use the same days and get the plows out and remove the snow. Why is it when snow is on the ground they do not clean the streets? Is it because it is alittle more work? Parking is terrible in Kearny, and people do put out there cans, chairs etc. and if you do move them believe me WATCH OUT FOR THE NEW SCRATCHES YOUR CAR MAY GET. Solve the problem and pick up the snow on street cleaning days. This will keep the town happy. :rolleyes:

We'd love to plow the streets from curb to curb on street sweeping days. Problem is, all of you start to cry when we come by and push the snow back into you're driveways. Can't have your cake and eat it people.

Guest Resident

I am sorry you did not read the post. I said Pick up the snow. NOT PLOW it. That means pick it up and put it in a truck and dump it. SOrry if I have to tell you how you should do the job. Or try something new invest money where it is really needed, buy a snow melter!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Out-of-towner

Honestly, the way this town and the way the people of this town handle snow is embarrassing at best. People don’t take ownership of the community areas in and around their property, whether rented or owned. People don’t clean off their own sidewalks (in some towns this is required by law – not sure about Kearny). Personally, I would be embarrassed to be in any way associated with this town’s government during the snow season – especially anyone associated with whoever is supposed to be taking care of snow removal. Come on people – grow up, if I have to crush one more garbage can on snow days I’m going to scream.

Guest DPW DUDE
I am sorry you did not read the post. I said Pick up the snow. NOT PLOW it. That means pick it up and put it in a truck and dump it. SOrry if I have to tell you how you should do the job. Or try something new invest money where it is really needed, buy a snow melter!!! :D

Did you ever see a snow melter work? We would get about 1/4 of the street cleaning route done in the four hours that street cleaning no parking is in effect.

It's great for a town the size of Harrison, but we would need about four of them.

Removing with front end loaders into trucks is also a long process. Sounds to me like you don't have a clue what your talking about.

I am sorry you did not read the post. I said Pick up the snow. NOT PLOW it. That means pick it up and put it in a truck and dump it. SOrry if I have to tell you how you should do the job. Or try something new invest money where it is really needed, buy a snow melter!!! :D

no you said "get the plows out and remove the snow". plows do not pickup snow

Archived