New Help Needed

Guest Guest_neighbor_*

Guest Guest_neighbor_*

It is obvious that the Santos Team is threading water. Kearny is going downhill.

The streets look like and ride like crap.

There are no real visible signs of tax relief in the future.

Certainly people who have been in Government for such a period of time know people inside or outside of our community. People with experience and connections who can help lift Kearny out the malaise it is in.

We are all in this together. Please look around LEADERS for the help which Kearny sorely needs. I'm sure the help is available for the asking!

Guest Guest Who?
It is obvious that the Santos Team is threading water. Kearny is going downhill.

The streets look like and ride like crap.

There are no real visible signs of tax relief in the future.

Certainly people who have been in Government for such a period of time know people inside or outside of our community. People with experience and connections who can help lift Kearny out the malaise it is in.

We are all in this together. Please look around LEADERS for the help which Kearny sorely needs. I'm sure the help is available for the asking!

"Threading water"?

Guest Guest
"Threading water"?

I'm sorry if if I was not understood. What I am saying is that things are not getting bettter, just standing still.

It seems that the laws governing zoning,parking etc. are in place but not fully enforced.

The picture of Kearny Ave. looked great in the Observer. That was only one image the sdewalks are really a mess.

How about a street inspector checking on the dirty sidewalk issue?The offical Kearny website could have a place to list a dirty area for special attention.

I know that we have one councilperson who does her share of walking and takes action.

If the listing of poorly kept sidewalks and streets is not proper for the Offical Kearny Website.

Maybe a spot on this site could list the worst kept sidewalks? Just a thought ?

Guest Guest
I'm sorry if if I was not understood.  What I am saying is that things are not getting bettter, just standing still.

It seems that the laws governing zoning,parking etc. are in place but not fully enforced.

The picture of Kearny Ave. looked great in the Observer. That was only one image the sdewalks are really a mess.

How about a street inspector checking on the dirty sidewalk issue?The offical Kearny website could have a place to list a dirty area for special attention.

I know that we have one councilperson who does her share of walking and takes action.

If the listing of poorly kept sidewalks and streets is not proper for the Offical Kearny Website.

No that will have to wait because the mayor is busy trying to screw naglia, but costano keeps making money. Man you people are getting screwed daily. Hey how was your tax bill this month ? See the Mayor is doing a good job. Hang in there you can claim chapter 11, GooD LucK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Concerned
I'm sorry if if I was not understood.  What I am saying is that things are not getting bettter, just standing still.

The entire length of Kearny Ave. is cleaned daily, Unfortunatly the kids on the Ave. like to throw their garbage on the sidewalks and street. The town workers are not babysitters who run after the kids with a broom and clean up the mess as it occurs.Teach your children to respect the street as they would their own backyard, but then again I've seen some really REDNECK yards in town.

The entire length of Kearny Ave. is cleaned daily, Unfortunatly the kids on the Ave. like to throw their garbage on the sidewalks and street. The town workers are not babysitters who run after the kids with a broom and clean up the mess as it occurs.Teach your children to respect the street as they would their own backyard, but then again I've seen some really REDNECK yards in town.

:lol::( hey hey no you did not! you never in your life saw a real redneck yard! 1st yards in kearny are way to small" and it has to have a dirt drive way at least 100 ft long it has 5/10 junk cars on blocks 2 old gas stoves and 3/4 refrigerators and 1 old ringer washer! and 6 dogs with the name cooter and aghh i just found 1 more car hey mah stop mowing the grass! yah never know what else youl find! what? your NOT MOWING THE GRASS THAT WAS WHAT MY OLD GOAT?DAM i was thinking he was dead i have not seen him for 5 years! hey do not get in front of him OR IN BACK !!! LIKE I SAID YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A REDNECK YARD LOOKS LIKE!!!! :lol:

Guest Guest

Have any tickets ever been issued for littering ! By the looks of things this could be a very good source of revenue!

It would also go a long ways in teaching good citizenship and responsibility.

Should we just accept that certain people will litter and we just have to live with it and in it.

Guest Guest
:blink:  :blink: hey hey no you did not! you never in your life saw a real redneck yard! 1st yards in kearny are way to small" and it has to have a dirt drive way at least 100 ft long it has 5/10 junk cars on blocks 2 old gas stoves and 3/4 refrigerators and 1 old ringer washer! and 6 dogs with the name cooter and aghh i just found 1 more car hey mah stop mowing the grass! yah never know what else youl find! what? your NOT MOWING THE GRASS THAT WAS WHAT MY OLD GOAT?DAM i was thinking he was dead i have not seen him for 5 years! hey do not get in front of him OR IN BACK !!! LIKE I SAID YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A REDNECK YARD LOOKS LIKE!!!! :lol:

Is this a proud monkey?

Guest Concerned

:blink: quote=Guest,Apr 10 2006, 03:27 PM]

Have any tickets ever been issued for littering ! By the looks of things this could be a very good source of revenue!

Should we just accept that certain people will litter and we just have to live with it and in it.

:blink: Think about this; The town posts a sign evry so many feet on Kearny Ave. it says "NO PARKING WHEN ROADS ARE COVERED IN SNOW" the KPD gives them a ticket, the angry recipient of this ticket goes to town hall and complains, the ticket is now abolished because the Mayor thought it was wrong. SO WHAT MAKES ANYONE THINK that if someone got a ticket for littering they wouldn't do the same thing? Don't say it's different, because it's not. A legal posted sign is a legal posted sign! Isn't it a shame that are local government can just take laws that were written and just ignore them, when it comes to their popularity?

Guest Guest

B) quote=Guest,Apr 10 2006, 03:27 PM]

B) Think about this; The town posts a sign evry so many feet on Kearny Ave. it says "NO PARKING WHEN ROADS ARE COVERED IN SNOW" the KPD gives them a ticket, the angry recipient of this ticket goes to town hall and complains, the ticket is now abolished because the Mayor thought it was wrong. SO WHAT MAKES ANYONE THINK that if someone got a ticket for littering they wouldn't do the same thing? Don't say it's different, because it's not. A legal posted sign is a legal posted sign! Isn't it a shame that are local government can just take laws that were written and just ignore them, when it comes to their popularity?

Ask him how much it cost the tax payers, and then ask him how many votes did he save. The boy used you all and does what ever he wants. Hey! he still has his undocumented voters, So he no longer needs any of you. Ha Ha Ha back at ya.......

Guest Guest

I walk kearny ave everynight from Harrison. Do you know how many times I've seen kids pulling the bushes and plants out of the planters on the ave. I've yelled at them,but it means nothing. COps be on the look out for the kids doing damage. I'm sure it cost alot of money to plant and they are destroying. Fine them and you'll see how quit they stop.

Guest guest

B) quote=Guest,Apr 10 2006, 03:27 PM]

B) Think about this; The town posts a sign evry so many feet on Kearny Ave. it says "NO PARKING WHEN ROADS ARE COVERED IN SNOW" the KPD gives them a ticket, the angry recipient of this ticket goes to town hall and complains, the ticket is now abolished because the Mayor thought it was wrong. SO WHAT MAKES ANYONE THINK that if someone got a ticket for littering they wouldn't do the same thing? Don't say it's different, because it's not. A legal posted sign is a legal posted sign! Isn't it a shame that are local government can just take laws that were written and just ignore them, when it comes to their popularity?

So true, my neighbor so kindly calls the police on my work van parked overnight and then parks a work van (registered as passenger) for weeks at a time in the same spot. They get a ticket, go to town hall and for some reason they are given immunity to the law. I had to call the police like 5 nights in a row before they were given a ticket. they just kept giving warnings to an abandoned vehicle ordinance that i was not even calling about. the warnings were thrown on the ground in the morning and when they should have towed the van they gave another warning. o by the way the van is not registered in this state and the owner is not even a resident of this town. I want to be reimbursed for the garage i had to rent and the tickets i paid. Whats good for one is good for all. i have registered voters in my house too! B)

Guest guest

Well maybe if the kids had something to do or somewhere to go in this hell hole town then they wouldn't be littering and loitering on the ave. when i was a teenager the cops would chase us and make us move, (because there wasn't anything to do then either, 20 years now and still nothing for kids to do) i don't even think that happens anymore. B)

Guest Guest
Well maybe if the kids had something to do or somewhere to go in this hell hole town then they wouldn't be littering and loitering on the ave.  when i was a teenager the cops would chase us and make us move, (because there wasn't anything to do then either, 20 years now and still nothing for kids to do) i don't even think that happens anymore.    :huh:

The fact that there is nothing for the kids to do is right. That is another failing of this Administration.

Can the littering of our Community be accepted just because there is a failure of the Administration to act in other areas. I'd have to say NO. Ticket those who litter. Have a school program against littering. We who pay taxes pay top cleanup after those who litter. Direct his cost to the violators and I'm sure things will improve.

You say they they cannot afford to pay such fines. Great, give them a bag and tell them to get picking up.

The Administration is allowing Kearny to be taken over by those who just out right refuse to abide by our laws. The community is suffering from it!

Guest Guest

So true, my neighbor so kindly calls the police on my work van parked overnight and then parks a work van (registered as passenger) for weeks at a time in the same spot. They get a ticket, go to town hall and for some reason they are given immunity to the law. I had to call the police like 5 nights in a row before they were given a ticket. they just kept giving warnings to an abandoned vehicle ordinance that i was not even calling about. the warnings were thrown on the ground in the morning and when they should have towed the van they gave another warning. o by the way the van is not registered in this state and the owner is not even a resident of this town. I want to be reimbursed for the garage i had to rent and the tickets i paid. Whats good for one is good for all. i have registered voters in my house too! :huh:

Do you live in a residential area? This community has zoning or at least we did priuor to Santos. Research the law and live and act according.

Elected officals stop playing to special interests. This was a good solid commuinty. Look where it is headed. Enforce the laws!

Guest Guest

So true, my neighbor so kindly calls the police on my work van parked overnight and then parks a work van (registered as passenger) for weeks at a time in the same spot. They get a ticket, go to town hall and for some reason they are given immunity to the law. I had to call the police like 5 nights in a row before they were given a ticket. they just kept giving warnings to an abandoned vehicle ordinance that i was not even calling about. the warnings were thrown on the ground in the morning and when they should have towed the van they gave another warning. o by the way the van is not registered in this state and the owner is not even a resident of this town. I want to be reimbursed for the garage i had to rent and the tickets i paid. Whats good for one is good for all. i have registered voters in my house too! :huh:

You broke the law by parking a registered commercial vehicle overnight. The neighbor, while not being a good neighbor by calling the police, did not break the law when parking a passenger vehicle overnight. Take it to Judge Judy!

The last time I read the ordinance book, it was not a crime for an out of stater to park an out of state vehicle on the streets of Kearny. B););)

Guest Guest

You broke the law by parking a registered commercial vehicle overnight. The neighbor, while not being a good neighbor by calling the police, did not break the law when parking a passenger vehicle overnight. Take it to Judge Judy!

The last time I read the ordinance book, it was not a crime for an out of stater to park an out of state vehicle on the streets of Kearny. B););)

Your a real trip ass hole with your cute qoute on the law but that does not answer this tax payers question. And the warnings , that just shows that the cops are scared of the balding boy that is the mayor.

Guest guest

:P

The last time I read the ordinance book, it was not a crime for an out of stater to park an out of state vehicle on the streets of Kearny. ;););)

The van is illegally registered as passenger (cheaper insurance rates), it is a commercial work van, ladder racks, tool boxes, etc. Nothing but the plates differentiate it. And it was eventually given the commercial parking ticket, because thats what it is, a commercial van. If you are reading the ordinance book you would know that the law applies to all vehicles with the appearance of being a commerical vehicle, the illegal registation problem is why the ordinance was created. OK :PB)

Guest Guest 99

Your a real trip ass hole with your cute qoute on the law but that does not answer this tax payers question. And the warnings , that just shows that the cops are scared of the balding boy that is the mayor.

Show me the question and I will give the answer. :huh:B);)

Guest Guest

Show me the question and I will give the answer. ;););)

Cops afraid of the balding boy who is mayor? What's he going to do to them beat them with his purse.

Guest Concerned
Well maybe if the kids had something to do or somewhere to go in this hell hole town then they wouldn't be littering and loitering on the ave.  when i was a teenager the cops would chase us and make us move, (because there wasn't anything to do then either, 20 years now and still nothing for kids to do) i don't even think that happens anymore.    ;)

Something to do? What about the CYO, PBC, Boy & Girl Scouts The Lincoln Theatre

The obvious FAMILY NIGHT and don't forget HOMEWORK- STUDIES don't you think that these things and places are things to do? I grew up in this town, and we always had something to do that DID NOT involve destroying property or annoying any one. Parents are to afraid of their children to demand that they do something constructive, my parents were always involved with us kids. If there was nothing to do, they found something for us to do. All

these parents today want is their own quiet time just be home by 12. When I was eighteen maybe, but not 13-16 yrs old

it's time the parents stepped up and took responsibilty for their children. And if this town was smart they would issue summons to each and every parent whose chid was out on the Ave. after 10pm or if they were caught destroying property!!!

Archived