What is going on ?

Guest Guest_ExBlueTider_*

Living in NC, I'm hearing bad things about my old home town. Cronyism,

nepotism, corruption, thefts, a new high school that floods, new townhomes

sitting unsold, soaring taxes, wannabe Soprano's, a board of education that

hands out huge salaries to connected people, federal & state investigations,

etc., etc., etc. What the hell is going on ??

etc., etc., etc.  What the hell is going on ??

75263[/snapback]

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE , YOU LEFT THE TOWN BEHIND AND WHAT HAPPENS HERE SOULD NOT AFFECT YOU............

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ,  YOU LEFT THE TOWN BEHIND AND WHAT HAPPENS HERE SOULD NOT AFFECT YOU............

75339[/snapback]

Something that some people will not understand is the affection we have for our hometown even though we moved away. For whatever reason some of us were forced to relocate. I would venture to say that all,or at the very least, most of the people I grew up with are no longer living in Harrison. That being said, this does not prevent us from being concerned for the well-being of the people who have remained. It's hurtful to us to read about all the animosities that have permeated the town in the recent years. That's not to say there wasn't differences in our time , but perhaps we had a better way of dealing with them. The 40's, 50's and 60's were just not so confrontational as today. We seemed to go along to get along. Perhaps some of that should be re-introduced today.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that even tho we're not longer a part of Harrison we still care. Thanks for letting an old man put in his two cents.

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ,  YOU LEFT THE TOWN BEHIND AND WHAT HAPPENS HERE SOULD NOT AFFECT YOU............

75339[/snapback]

If everyone I left behind is like you, then I'm glad I left.

75339[/snapback]

Spell check sould is wrong. Should that is the correct way of spelling.

Guest Guest^^^^^

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::ninja::ninja:<_<:blink:

75361[/snapback]

I sure hope everyone left in this town is not like the Person thet replied to Your Question, but unfortunately this Town has gont to The Shits...You are rite in the 40's 50's and 60's even the 70's people cared about each other....No moreAnd at least then We had a Mayor who cared about all the People, not just His certain Kiss Asses.....when You went to Mayor Rodgers for help You knew You would get it no matter Who You were or what You did or didn't do for Him ...He was a caring sole, and everyone liked Him....Now this town is run by a bunch of cut throats....You might even know them because many have been in this town for a long time.....Be Glad You got out ...Because this Town is now a disgrace......Hopefully the silver bracelets will be coming for most of them. Time for a good cleaning.....The only way You get any help now is by Who You Know or Who You Blow. Or bend over for alot of that going on in Town as well....

Guest Spell Check !

75339[/snapback]

You want to proof read what you write or hit " Spell Check " for assistance!

etc., etc., etc.  What the hell is going on ??

75263[/snapback]

Are you kidding! Harrison always was about nepotism, politics and favoritism. If you worked for the Town You had better buy those cocktail party tickets and never utter a word of discontent.

Maybe, when your away from here you tend to forget what went on here or glamorize it.

The fact that the town still functions in the same old tired manner as it did just post WW-2 is sad.

Frank Rodgers, died and left his hand picked successors. He left a mess and they are trying to clean it up.

They practice what he taught them, old wornout Hudson County Politics. It is not working in this modern age.

This young guy and his wife may just be the answer to the towns problems.

I know one thing. They cannot do it alone. They will need the help of some good people, the State goverment and maybe even the Federal Goverment.

We know that you can't county on the State and the Feds so good people will have to stand up and help them.

I wish them the best

Something that some people will not understand is the affection we have for our hometown even though we moved away. For whatever reason some of us were forced to relocate. I would venture to say that all,or at the very least, most of the people I grew up with are no longer living in Harrison. That being said, this does not prevent us from being concerned for the well-being of the people who have remained. It's hurtful to us to read about all the animosities that have permeated the town in the recent years. That's not to say there wasn't differences in our time , but perhaps we had a better way of dealing with them. The 40's, 50's and 60's were just not so confrontational as today. We seemed to go along to get along. Perhaps some of that should be re-introduced today.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that even tho we're not longer a part of Harrison we still care. Thanks for letting an old man put in his two cents.

75355[/snapback]

THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE I am an old timer still in the hometown of Harrison and you only know part there is so much bad stuff you wouldn't believe

Our generation would handle the mess differently WE UNDERSTAND these people are the scum of the town and getting away with it THANK YOU AGAIN

75361[/snapback]

If you are glad you left then maybe you should not be so concerned with the town that you left behind and go annoy your new town of residence. We sure don;'t miss you.................

Guest Tar Heel

75339[/snapback]

I think he must have sent all those drivers up here. Did you notice the number of NC drivers in the area?