NEW WATER BILLS

Guest ME

Well, they've done it again. We are about to get yet another tax and rate increase.

The water and sewer rates will rise again this time another 39%.

What the hell are the elderly on fixed income going to do now?

Will it ever end for this town?

We better start speaking up at the town meetings before its too late.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Well, they've done it again. We are about to get yet another tax and rate increase.

If this is true, it's just unacceptable. Every resident needs to go to the next council meeting and let this free-spending mayor and council know their asses are out of office if this increase goes through. We need to bring a friend, a neighbor, a relative to the council meetings and demand action. We're not going to be sheep any longer.

Guest Guest

how u gonna speak at the meeting, when u don't even know when there held ? and don't u have to be on some kind of list to speak at a meeting ? u think there gonna let u speak your mind on this matter ? goooood luck

Guest Guest

we need to lay off 1/2 the water department. demand this so our taxes dont go up! they are waisting our money anyway. less town jobs=less taxes

Guest Guest
we need to lay off 1/2 the water department.  demand this so our taxes dont go up!  they are waisting our money anyway.  less town jobs=less taxes

The water dept has the least amount of workers in it. good idea, but it won't work.

The problem is that the Mayor and Council have to raise the bill. They are just passing the increase to us. At least that’s what I understand.

What I would love to hear in this meeting, is a solution to the constant increase in everything.

Go to the Clerk’s office, in town hall and ask for a copy of the Budget from the past 5 years. The spending in this town is out of control. There is no Business plan on how to efficiently spend. What really scares me as a tax payer in Harrison is, what’s going to happen if the State takes away our Abott District? Or the Financial Aid the State gives us for being a distress city.

That’s about 7-10 million a year in Aid from the State.

An old wise guy once told me:

“You can work hard all your life, but if you don't know how to spend your money. You will always have nothing to show for your hard work."

• 3 weeks later...

You weren't supposed to catch on to that double billing on your sewer tax.

When they pulled that one they told us that our sewer tax was in our property taxes all along, but that they needed to separate it from the tax.

Sooooo they created the separate sewer tax and casually left it in our property tax in the form of an increase. You were'nt supposed to catch on, they are used to dealing with old people who just blindly accept anything this administration tells them is ok.

Guest guest
The problem is that the Mayor and Council have to raise the bill.  They are just passing the increase to us.  At least that’s what I understand. 

What I would love to hear in this meeting, is a solution to the constant increase in everything. 

Go to the Clerk’s office, in town hall and ask for a copy of the Budget from the past 5 years.  The spending in this town is out of control.  There is no Business plan on how to efficiently spend.  What really scares me as a tax payer in Harrison is, what’s going to happen if the State takes away our Abott District?  Or the Financial Aid the State gives us for being a distress city. 

That’s about 7-10 million a year in Aid from the State.

An old wise guy once told me:

“You can work hard all your life, but if you don't know how to spend your money. You will always have nothing to show for your hard work."

Didn't you increase your prices Mike? I can't even get a good affordable meal! Sales tax and income tax are going up too, lets go to a meeting in Trenton. Can you organize a bus trip for us? You are my hero

Archived