question to the fire chief

Guest observer reader

Guest observer reader

If the building was a total loss at 9:15 in the morning and you and the building department wrote it off then why did 2 men go down four hours later? And ohhh yeaaaa wouldnt "balloon frame" be showing heavy fire in the attic and cockloft at that point of the fire? My books say "brace frame" but hey your the chief!

Guest just wondering
If the building was a total loss at 9:15 in the morning and you and the building department wrote it off then why did 2 men go down four hours later?  And ohhh yeaaaa wouldnt "balloon frame" be showing heavy fire in the attic and cockloft at that point of the fire?  My books say "brace frame" but hey your the chief!

Another question to the chief, you said there was alot of smoke and the visiblility was nill, i'm just wondering what happened to the helmets from the fundraisers a couple of years ago the expensive ones does anyone remember them and what happend to them does the fire department use them?

Guest Chief Supporter
If the building was a total loss at 9:15 in the morning and you and the building department wrote it off then why did 2 men go down four hours later?  And ohhh yeaaaa wouldnt "balloon frame" be showing heavy fire in the attic and cockloft at that point of the fire?  My books say "brace frame" but hey your the chief!

Hey Wimp, If it wasn't for that yellow stripe down your back, you'd ask the chief to his face.

Guest Firends of TK

You ara all missing the point. All firefighters were out of the building and the rear was secured by tape by the Kearny Chief in the rear. The only question is why did the Chief of Harrison enter the building knowing that the building was a loss. That is the only issue we should be talking about.

He may have a great reason for entering the building. you or i were not there so give it a break. And give KFD a break....

Guest Guest

WHAT IF HE WAS TO SEND ONE OF HIS MEN IN THERE -WHEN HE HAS NO SENSE TO STAY OUT.--fire in basement,balloon frame, 10 hours of master streams pouring water into building,-i don"t know you tell me why he was in there, could of been quite a disaster,and he didn"t go in cause of the jc fireman in the building--two things come to Mind , he thinks hes an arson investigator, or he is very NOISY ( the yellow tape is put there to keep people like you chief out) you don"t go into a building by yourself thats why we have a fast team there ??????????????YOU DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE -HOPE YOU LEARNED SOMETHING-but probably not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Hey Wimp, If it wasn't for that yellow stripe down your back, you'd ask the chief to his face.

That yellow stripe is probably "caution tape" that the Harrison chief broke through. Those that came to his rescue, probably got tangled in it.

Archived