Being a Town Lawyer

Guest Mr. Castano

Guest Mr. Castano

Harrison to build lot for cop cars

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - The town plans to buy a Cleveland Avenue home and raze it to pave the way for a parking lot.

The lot will provide spaces for police cars and other town-owned vehicles.

The Harrison Police Department currently parks unmarked cars and other vehicles on the streets surrounding the Cleveland Avenue headquarters, causing a parking crunch in an area that already has parking problems.

Police vehicles also take up a number of parking spots around the block in front of Town Hall on Harrison Avenue.

"They're all on the street and the neighbors have no place to park," said Elizabeth Higgins, the town treasurer. "This will give residents back their parking spots."

At a recent meeting of the Town Council, an ordinance was introduced to authorize the purchase of the property for $300,000 from Gregory J. and June D. Castano.

let me ask this are the Castano's on the take and why is there home being purchased for a parking lot? why dont they just build a new police station and put the $300,000 towards that. beacuse we have stupid people running the town. why not take over 6th and essex and put the police dept there and then you would not have to worry about parking town vehicles on the street. what about all the parking in the 3.2 million parking lot on washington st?

>

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - The town plans to buy a Cleveland Avenue home and raze it to pave the way for a parking lot.

The Harrison Police Department currently parks unmarked cars and other vehicles on the streets surrounding the Cleveland Avenue headquarters, causing a parking crunch in an area that already has parking problems.

Police vehicles also take up a number of parking spots around the block in front of Town Hall on Harrison Avenue.

"They're all on the street and the neighbors have no place to park," said Elizabeth Higgins, the town treasurer. "This will give residents back their parking spots."

At a recent meeting of the Town Council, an ordinance was introduced to authorize the purchase of the property for $300,000 from Gregory J. and June D. Castano.

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

Wait a minute!! Are you saying that Mr Castano is a town lawyer?? Thats pretty bad.

Here is an even better one. There is a certain deptarment head in town. He hadnt worked in years. Why did he leave the Parkway job Uncle Frank got him? He sold his restaurant/ businness and the huge property behind it on Washington street to the Harrison Board Of Education. After he sells the property, a job running a street Dept. falls in his lap??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest Gregory Kowalski

I'm a town Lawyer. I have no perks, my brother-in-law, the mayor, pays his rent the first of every month and still allows me to be registered to vote from that house. It's not easy being the re-development lawyer. Especially when we get flown all over the U.S. on tax payers money. Accomplishing nothing in 10 years is hard to do; you have to look busy....smart....

I'm a town Lawyer.  I have no perks, my brother-in-law, the mayor, pays his rent the first of every month and still allows me to be registered to vote from that house.  It's not easy being the re-development lawyer.  Especially when we get flown all over the U.S. on tax payers money.  Accomplishing nothing in 10 years is hard to do; you have to look busy....smart....

I'm so sorry to hear about your plight, Greg. God be with you.

Archived