shut up & pay through da nose

Guest Guest

All you people do is complain you dopes never show up to town meetings you let these creeps do as they please so live with it already get over it the town is on the skids in fact the whole state s**ks 46% of all you jackass' voted last election more people In Iraq vote and they were getting shot at. If you want to honor the young people getting Killed over in Iraq vote they gave there life for it.

Guest already gone!

The town is broke and there is no money for the crossing guards. Did you like your tax bill? Well that was just for the municipal portion, not the county or Board of Ed. Wait and see the hit you take next quater. Your all screwed. Remember to vote for the Santos team next election day. Hows Leo look now?

The town is broke and there is no money for the crossing  guards. Did you like your tax bill? Well that was just for the municipal portion, not the county or Board of Ed. Wait and see the hit you take next quater. Your all screwed. Remember to vote for the Santos team next election day. Hows Leo look now?

Pretty much still like a disgraced, indicted criminal...why?

Guest Guest_taxpayer_*

wasn't the mayor's letter with your tax bill great. He is not to blame. it's all those increases out of his control. i noticed that there was no figures for how much it cost to appeal the zoning decision of judge galipoli to the appellate division and then futily to the supreme court. how much did it cost mayor? how much does our town attorney (and his firm) make a year? your letter states hiring freeze. can you define hiring freeze. you mean when you hire relatives of councilmembers those do not count. mayor, you are full of it and you are actually starting to believe your own rhethoric. get costs under control and run the town like a business. those so called friends will drop you and stomp on you much like they did to Mayor Vartan as soon as they were done with using you. wake up and smell the coffee.

Like I said you jackass' just don't get it, Forget the history lesson what about today Leo isn't the Mayor some other nerdowell is and all because people just complain that guy who was a councilman Jim whats his face. Still is going on & on lets do something about it if there is wrong doings going on lets get our new Attorney General to look into these matters. After she pays her court fine & can drive again she may be able to get around to Kearny hey Jim your a democrat you probably vote for the new tax raiser in Trenton. I still think we don't pay enough taxes keep conplaining and we never pay enough the word is ACTION

At least he lowered the taxes. Got to ya huh!

Got to me?? No, but lets see HOW he lowered taxes...He cut the PD and FD down to the point that they were Both under 100 men in each dpeartment, he refused to negotiate in good faith with all of the town unions, he pawned of our water dept to East Orange, even after a CLEAR demonstration that it was not what the majority of townspeople wanted. Leo was no great shakes as mayor..he accomplished what he did the same way he did as an attorney..backroom deals, and cutting down one group in front of another. How did the FIVE MILLION dollars in retro pay that his policy about not negotiating "Reduce" your taxes in the end??? Not that Santos is any better..Just after that fiasco when he was still just a Councilman, he stated that NEver again, would the town allow things to get that out of hand...HOW long did it take the Town and FD officers to come to an agreement and at WHAT cost to the taxpayer???

Guest Blha Blha Blah

The mayor forgot to mention a lot of things. If he was to add up all the legal fees that alone would surpass the health benefit increase. The same old story it's all the things "I can't control". What about the Board budget ? And don't say you'll have to lay off teachers because that would be a lie. Go check Gaultins books to see where he hides the money. And what's this about Gaultin getting an extra year to pad his pension? I guess that's not a problem huh? You sold the people of this town a real bill of goods, And get this. they still can't understand why the taxes keep going up. Well I guess you can take some of that money from the KMUA since they raised the sewer fees, yea that's the ticket! Well people you got what you want and deserve, so just sit back and read this stuff and pay your increase. Hey, Norberto who called channel nine news? If you remember, you got interviewed, remember? What was the tax rate then? People these guys play with your lives and futures. Wake the hell up.

Guest Townsman
Got to me?? No, but lets see HOW he lowered taxes...He cut the PD and FD down to the point that they were Both under 100 men in each dpeartment, he refused to negotiate in good faith with all of the town unions, he pawned of our water dept to East Orange, even after a CLEAR demonstration that it was not what the majority of townspeople wanted.  Leo was no great shakes as mayor..he accomplished what he did the same way he did as an attorney..backroom deals, and cutting down one group in front of another.  How did the FIVE MILLION dollars in retro pay that his policy about not negotiating "Reduce" your taxes in the end???  Not that Santos is any better..Just after that fiasco when he was still just a Councilman, he stated that NEver again, would the town allow things to get that out of hand...HOW long did it take the Town and FD officers to come to an agreement and at WHAT cost to the taxpayer???

I not a big fan of Leo, but he did lower taxes, something that goes up and up, but never comes down, he did it, without worrying about whose feelings were getting hurt. He made 'BUSINESS DECISIONS" as a Mayor and anyone else who oversees multimillion dollar budgets should.

As for the FD and PD being under 100 personel. Do you remember the "BUTLER" report? This report, done by a unbiased outside firm which analizes all aspects of the police dept, gave this town its recommendation. Leo tried to follow the advice of this professional report, which if we as a town had no intention to follow should not have been performed. Sure the police personel are not going to be happy, because it cuts back staff, cuts the amount of superior officers, limits the amount of promotions, etc, etc. Again, not to put down our police, because that is not the intent here. Try to take a dollar, or even limit the amount, away from any dept., be it town workers, BOE, etc., and everyone is your enemy!

To be a good administration you have to be able to make the TOUGH decisions, someone this town has never had! Until we find this person this town will continue to tailspin to bankruptcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I not a big fan of Leo, but he did lower taxes, something that goes up and up, but never comes down, he did it, without worrying about whose feelings were getting hurt. He made 'BUSINESS DECISIONS" as a Mayor and anyone else who oversees multimillion dollar budgets should.

As for the FD and PD being under 100 personel. Do you remember the "BUTLER" report? This report, done by a unbiased outside firm which analizes all aspects of the police dept, gave this town its recommendation. Leo tried to follow the advice of this professional report, which if we as a town had no intention to follow should not have been performed. Sure the police personel are not going to be happy, because it cuts back staff, cuts the amount of superior officers, limits the amount of promotions, etc, etc.  Again, not to put down our police, because that is not the intent here. Try to take a dollar, or even limit the amount, away from any dept., be it town workers, BOE, etc., and everyone is your enemy!

To be a good administration you have to be able to make the TOUGH decisions, someone this town has never had! Until we find this person this town will continue to tailspin to bankruptcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Butler Report examined the Fire Department, and the council followed about 2 pages of it. The rest of the report, which cost almost $50,000, involved improving the levels of apparatus and fire houses. It also addressed line personnel, a number which has since gone way down.

So, in essence, we paid $50,000 to ignore the opinions of our own PAID professional. Classic.

The Butler Report examined the Fire Department, and the council followed about 2 pages of it.  The rest of the report, which cost almost $50,000, involved improving the levels of apparatus and fire houses.  It also addressed line personnel, a number which has since gone way down.

So, in essence, we paid $50,000 to ignore the opinions of our own PAID professional.  Classic.

The "Butler" report analized the Police Dept, quantities of personnel at each ranking position, total amount of personnel required, etc.

One key item was that we needed (1) chief and (1) deputy chief, we had that for a brief period. Now we are back up to (1) chief with (3) deputy chiefs!!! Well over a half a million dollars for (4) people!!

Not to mention all the Capts. and Lieuts. making over six figures a year not including the benefit package!!!

The mayor forgot to mention a lot of things. If he was to add up all the legal fees that alone would surpass the health benefit increase. The same old story it's all the things "I can't control". What about the Board budget ? And don't say you'll have to lay off teachers because that would be a lie. Go check Gaultins books to see where he hides the money. And what's this about Gaultin getting an extra year to pad his pension? I guess that's not a problem huh? You sold the people of this town a real bill of goods, And get this. they still can't understand why the taxes keep going up. Well I guess you can take some of that money from the KMUA since they raised the sewer fees, yea that's the ticket! Well people you got what you want and deserve, so just sit back and read this stuff and pay your increase. Hey, Norberto who called channel nine news? If you remember, you got interviewed, remember? What was the tax rate then? People these guys play with your lives and futures. Wake the hell up.

Is this true about Gaultin?

The "Butler" report analized the Police Dept, quantities of personnel at each ranking position, total amount of personnel required, etc.

One key item was that we needed (1) chief and (1) deputy chief, we had that for a brief period. Now we are back up to (1) chief with (3) deputy chiefs!!! Well over a half a million dollars for (4) people!!

Not to mention all the Capts. and Lieuts. making over six figures a year not including the benefit package!!!

Forget the reports, I can't wait to see if the meeting has to be moved to the high school after the next tax bills goes out. Like back in the days when Sansone was mayor. Let's see how upset the people get. Will we really yell what happened to the five point plan? Maybe people will throw things like the town magazine and say things like what are you doing besides giving your aid benefits? Hey mayor just what is it that your doing ? We know one thing your driving employees out, soon the Town Hall will be refered to as your patronage pit. I guess buliding a machine is more important then lowering the tax rate. But lets's see how pissed the people get after the next tax bill goes out.

Good news, we have a blizzard on the horizon. One more scapegoat for our esteemed mayor. I can hear it now, our finances were in great shape, but Mother Nature screwed us.

Guest Guest_taxpayer_*
Good news, we have a blizzard on the horizon.  One more scapegoat for our esteemed mayor.  I can hear it now, our finances were in great shape, but Mother Nature screwed us.

You are right the mayor will add this to his book of BS. THE TOWN ENGINEER S***S this town dry. Neglia makes boo coo dollars on Kearny and always screws things up . Time we get a new engineer. Santos is the worst mayor we had when it comes to our taxes.I hope Jim Mangin runs for mayor.

You are right the mayor will add this to his book of BS. THE TOWN ENGINEER S***S this town dry. Neglia makes boo coo dollars on Kearny and always screws things up . Time we get a new engineer. Santos is the worst mayor we had when it comes to our taxes.I hope Jim Mangin runs for mayor.

Don't foget how much he makes on North Arlington, Lyndhurst, and who knows where else. What a racket.

I'd like to know if he (Neglia) was involved with the building of the new police/fire station in South Kearny? You know, the one sinking into the marsh. Seems to me thats the type of thing a town engineer is needed for.

But, I suppose money for nothing is a much better gig.

I'd like to know if he (Neglia) was involved with the building of the new police/fire station in South Kearny?  You know, the one sinking into the marsh.  Seems to me thats the type of thing a town engineer is needed for.

But, I suppose money for nothing is a much better gig.

Yes he was, and get this. The building which consists of the Fire Dept. and Police Dept, while being built, the Fire Dept side had piles driven to prevent the building from sinking, but Neglia said the Police side didn't need the piles. (to save money) Well the rest is history. The Fire side is fine, but the Police side is siiiiiiinnnnnnkkkkkiiiiinnnnnngggggggggg!!!!! :lol::P

Archived