The end times are here.

Guest Guest

This is the year that the Santonians will experience the begining of the end. Their fairy tale days are over. The year from Hell begins with The enormous tax increase, then the April election with Mary crushed at the polls, along with the budget. The taxes will rise each quater and make folks very angry. Now after the Nov. election the mayor plans to leave to work for Bobby Mennendaz while keeping his county clerk position. Of course this depends on Bob M winning. Lets hope the republicans get a decent someone to run this time. But keep in mind kearny, you all been had! This little smart alec got over on all of you. He owes his political career to screwing up Kearny. Lots of luck Kearny. Remember a vote for Mennendaz is a vote for Santos.

Guest Politics 101
This is the year that the Santonians will experience the begining of the end. Their fairy tale days are over. The year from Hell begins with The enormous tax increase, then the April election with Mary crushed at the polls, along with the budget. The taxes will rise each quater and make folks very angry. Now after the Nov. election the mayor plans to leave to work for Bobby Mennendaz while keeping his county clerk position. Of course this depends on Bob M winning. Lets hope the republicans get a decent someone to run this time. But keep in mind kearny, you all been had! This little smart alec got over on all of you. He owes his political career to screwing up Kearny. Lots of luck Kearny. Remember a vote for Mennendaz is a vote for Santos.

The correct name is Menendez, and Santos is the Clerk to the Freeholders, not the county clerk. and the Republicans are running Tom Kean Jr. against Menendez. But I do agree that the town will be left in the dust.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest the end
Most ignorant post ever.  How much has you property value gone up since you purchased?

My guess is your property values have not gone up as much as the king's salary. Maybe he could at least give his mayor salary back to Kearny's taxpayers. Hudson County is making a huge mistake.

Kearny mayor takes $75G county job

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

KEARNY - Mayor Al Santos accepted a full-time, $75,000-per-year position as clerk to the Hudson County Board of Freeholders last month.

Santos said his duties are more complicated versions of those required of a municipal clerk, including reviewing and confirming the accuracy of meeting agenda items and consulting with the board's legal department on legislative matters.

"It encompasses 101 things," Santos explained. "Take a municipal agenda and multiply it by a factor of three or four."

Santos, an attorney, is pursuing a master's degree in taxation law from New York University's School of Law. He will complete his studies this spring.

A full-time mayor for the past several years, Santos said his county position does not overlap with his duties as mayor, for which he is paid $7,500 annually.

Santos was originally approached about the position by Freeholder chairman Sal Vega in June, but postponed his decision for several months.

In November, Santos accepted the post on a trial basis, completing 30 hours of work that month and in December. He was paid on an hourly scale for the trial period.

"It's a good opportunity for me to see county government up close and become familiar and more educated about county government," said Santos, adding that the post will enable him to promote Kearny's interests at the county level more effectively.

The mayor said the position has traditionally been filled by West Hudson political representatives, including late Harrison Mayor Frank E. Rodgers, late Kearny Mayor Daniel Sansone and former Kearny Councilwoman Jean Burns, who recently retired.

"I also wanted to keep it that way," he said.

My guess is your property values have not gone up as much as the king's salary. Maybe he could at least give his mayor salary back to Kearny's taxpayers. Hudson County is making a huge mistake.

My property values have tripled since the king took office. How is that a bad thing?

My property values have tripled since the king took office.  How is that a bad thing?

What about your taxes? Have the services that the town provides increased also?

What happens when the real estate cycle takes a down turn? Will your taxes go down also?

Most ignorant post ever.  How much has you property value gone up since you purchased?

Santos has nothing to do with property values rising!!!!! You are lost!!!

Does your statement mean if you bought a home in Kearny in 1962 for $16,200.00 and sold it in 1990 for $165.000.00 Santos had something to do with that? I don't think so!!!!!

For the most part, property values are always rising, be it at different paces at different years.

I will tell you this, Santos will absolutely have everything to do with the MASSIVE drop in value which has already started. The Town bankrupt and Taxes sky high are a direct result of his mismanagement and a direct pull back in property values and home sales. Drive around town and count the signs!!!!!!

Archived