169 Days To Go...

Guest Guest

Guest 2smart4u
Until The Real Election- Primary Day- Wherein The Mindless Dopes of this Town Re-Elect McDonough As Their Mayor For Another Four Years. :(

I've said this before, the voters in Harrison are sheep. They really don't know any better, they've never known a mayor and council that acted any differently. Apparently they think council meetings without open public sessions are the norm. Apparently they think it's OK to borrow $40,000,000 without public approval to finance a soccer stadium. As long as the citizens of Harrison are willing to put up with politicians that disregard and disrespect them, nothing will change and McDonough and his band of cronies have nothing to worry about.

Guest Town Watchdog
I've said this before, the voters in Harrison are sheep. They really don't know any better, they've never known a mayor and council that acted any differently. Apparently they think council meetings  without open public sessions are the norm. Apparently they think it's OK to borrow $40,000,000  without public approval to finance a soccer stadium. As long as the citizens of Harrison are willing to put up with politicians that disregard and disrespect them, nothing will change and McDonough and his band of cronies have nothing to worry about.

Harrison is a unique town. I've made many inquiries to other towns asking town clerks about their policies and procedures. I've come to the conclusion that Harrison stands alone in being the ONLY TOWN that does not allow an open public session at council meetings. It's absolutely unheard of outside of Harrison. Every town clerk I've talked to (approx. 23) stated they held an open public session at the beginning of each meeting. Any citizen who wanted to address the council on any subject could do so (many towns said they had a time limit per speaker, mostly 5 minutes). I intend to make this subject a major issue leading up to the next election. I hope the residents of Harrison agree that this "closed meeting" mentality must be changed.

I've said this before, the voters in Harrison are sheep. They really don't know any better, they've never known a mayor and council that acted any differently. Apparently they think council meetings  without open public sessions are the norm. Apparently they think it's OK to borrow $40,000,000  without public approval to finance a soccer stadium. As long as the citizens of Harrison are willing to put up with politicians that disregard and disrespect them, nothing will change and McDonough and his band of cronies have nothing to worry about.

All the way,RAY

Guest Town Watchdog
All the way,RAY

2smart is absolutely right. Harrison residents are sheep. If any other town tried to close their council meetings to the public, to not allow the public to speak freely during a public session, there would be such an uproar from the residents it would quickly change their minds. And a recall petition would start circulating immediately if any mayor and council ever tried that. BUT NOT IN HARRISON !!

If any other town tried to borrow $40,000,000 without public approval there would be an overflow crowd at the council meetings demanding their heads, they just wouldn't get away with it. BUT NOT IN HARRISON !!

If you think about it, Harrison is run more like a kingdom than a municipality. In a kingdom, the citizens have no input, they pay their taxes and keep quiet. Tell me, how is that different from Harrison.

Guest Senior Town Resident
2smart is absolutely right.  Harrison residents are sheep. If any other town tried to close their council meetings to the public, to not allow the public to speak freely during a public session, there would be such an uproar from the residents it would quickly change their minds. And a recall petition would start circulating immediately if any mayor and council ever tried that. BUT NOT IN HARRISON !!

If any other town tried to borrow $40,000,000 without public approval there would be  an overflow crowd at the council meetings demanding their heads, they just wouldn't get away with it. BUT NOT IN HARRISON !!

If you think about it, Harrison is run more like a kingdom than a municipality. In a kingdom, the citizens have no input, they pay their taxes and keep quiet.  Tell me, how is that different from Harrison.

"Kingdom of Harrison" , that has a nice ring to it. It would be funny if it wasn't so disgraceful and true. We have a King that rules by decree, and a band of princes that do his bidding and don't ask questions.

Guest 2smart4u
"Kingdom of Harrison" , that has a nice ring to it. It would be funny if it wasn't so disgraceful and true. We have a King that rules by decree, and a band of princes that do his bidding and don't ask questions.

I found "Town Watchdog's" post amazing. He checked around 20 something towns about their council meetings and found that Harrison is the only town that does not have a public session at their council meetings.

Just as amazing, no one has commented on his post. The apathy that I see in this town is unreal. I wonder what it would take to make the residents angry. Certainly not borrowing $40,000,000 without public approval. Obviously, not closed council meetings. I think "Senior Town Resident" hit the nail on the head. Harrison is a Kingdom, not a municipality. The King and his merry band of Princes can do anything, spend any amount of money without any concern for the taxpayers. The next election will be very interesting. If the "King" gets re-elected then I'm afraid Harrison if beyond saving, and "Town Watchdog" will be proven right, Harrison voters are sheep.

Guest Town Watchdog
someone stop the metrostars before it's to late, if it already isn't to late.......

Are you kidding me. There was an opportunity to stop this disgraceful spending of taxpayer money when it was first announced, but it's too late now. The king and his merry band of princes have taken the public's rightful authority away from them. The king and his princes have said in effect; we don't care what the taxpayers think about this stadium, we want it so we're going to borrow $40,000,000 and build it. But we'll let the taxpayers pay for it. And we won't allow the public to ask any questions about it at council meetings. AND, we'll all run for re-election next year and expect the Harrison sheep to vote for us.

Archived