Kearny Avenue Parking Lot

Guest Senior citizen

Guest Senior citizen

I went to Mandees this morning. I parked across the street in the Town lot. When I tried to cross over in the cross walk the snow was not cleaned on the sidewalk where the cross walk is and I had to go to the driveway and walk back to cross over. When I got to the other side I found the same thing, snow in the cross walk area. You think the town employees or the meter maids or the juvenile delinquents would do some snow cleaning. It's all frozen now and dangerous. So much for welcoming shoppers to Kearny.

I went to Mandees this morning.  I parked across the street in the Town lot.  When I tried to cross over in the cross walk the snow was not cleaned on the sidewalk where the cross walk is and I had to go to the driveway and walk back to cross over.  When I got to the other side I found the same thing, snow in the cross walk area.  You think the town employees or the meter maids or the juvenile delinquents would do some snow cleaning.  It's all frozen now and dangerous.  So much for welcoming shoppers to Kearny.

That is not a "town lot". It is owned by Mandees and they should be responsible to clear the snow.

That is not a "town lot".  It is owned by Mandees and they should be responsible to clear the snow.

Vote with your wallet, call the manager and let him/her know that you won't be spending money there until they show some concern for their customers and if there's a web site an Email to upper management never hurts.

Guest Senior citizen
That is not a "town lot".  It is owned by Mandees and they should be responsible to clear the snow.

I am not talking about the lot. The lot was perfect. No snow. The curb at the crosswalk set up by the Town of Kearny to cross the street by the parking lot had ice on both sides. It's not Mandee's responsibility to clean that up it's the towns. The lot is not Mandees responsibility either, the town took that over when they set up the parking spaces. They exempted the property from paying property taxes.

Guest No Towing
I am not talking about the lot.  The lot was perfect.  No snow.  The curb at the crosswalk set up by the Town of Kearny to cross the street by the parking lot had ice on both sides.  It's not Mandee's responsibility to clean that up it's the towns.  The lot is not Mandees responsibility either, the town took that over when they set up the parking spaces. They exempted the property from paying property taxes.

Easy answer to this. Ever notice that Ridge Road in NA and Rogers Blvd. in Harrison are cleaned curb to curb, while Kearny Ave. always has snow, ice,or slush along the curblines. That has nothing to do with town workers, the problem lies at town hall, where the mayor refuses to force people parked on the ave to remove their cars. The signs say no parking when snow covered. There is no penalty if you don't move,because Santos refuses to enforce it. Remember last year when the new dpw supervisor had cars towed and Santos ripped him apart and refunded peoples money? Think of that next time you can't cross Kearny Ave.

Guest Senior Citizen
Easy answer to this.  Ever notice that Ridge Road in NA and Rogers Blvd. in Harrison are cleaned curb to curb, while Kearny Ave. always has snow, ice,or slush along the curblines. That has nothing to do with town workers, the problem lies at town hall, where the mayor refuses to force people parked on the ave to remove their cars. The signs say no parking when snow covered. There is no penalty if you don't move,because Santos refuses to enforce it. Remember last year when the new dpw supervisor had cars towed and Santos ripped him apart and refunded peoples money? Think of that next time you can't cross Kearny Ave.

I disagree. They simply have to clear the corners and the crosswalks. The UEZ can use some of its money to hire kids to do the job, if the DPW is so busy. The DPW workers should be embarrassed that a week after a storm they still have not gotten around to doing the crosswalks. Santos is not to blame. No wonder the Mexicans are taking over. At least they appreciate the opportunity to make a buck. The hot weather did the job for the DPW. If you wait long enough Spring will clear the crosswalks and corners.

Easy answer to this.  Ever notice that Ridge Road in NA and Rogers Blvd. in Harrison are cleaned curb to curb, while Kearny Ave. always has snow, ice,or slush along the curblines. That has nothing to do with town workers, the problem lies at town hall, where the mayor refuses to force people parked on the ave to remove their cars. The signs say no parking when snow covered. There is no penalty if you don't move,because Santos refuses to enforce it. Remember last year when the new dpw supervisor had cars towed and Santos ripped him apart and refunded peoples money? Think of that next time you can't cross Kearny Ave.

He was afraid they wouldn't vote for him. Yes he did make a mess of the ave when it snows. He only thinks in terms of votes. People can't see this? Kearny is gone and soon no one will even know who lives next to them. It's true that people are buying but most are contractors that buy a house knock it down and build a two family. What will this do to school taxes. Never mind snow.

I disagree.  They simply have to clear the corners and the crosswalks.  The UEZ can use some of its money to hire kids to do the job, if the DPW is so busy.  The DPW workers should be embarrassed that a week after a storm they still have not gotten around to doing the crosswalks.  Santos is not to blame.  No wonder the Mexicans are taking over.  At least they appreciate the opportunity to make a buck.  The hot weather did the job for the DPW. If you wait long enough Spring will clear the crosswalks and corners.

Disagree all you want, if the street was cleared curb to curb as it should be, your crosswalks would be cleared. That's just common sense. Place the blame where it belongs, at 402 Kearny Ave. Bet all the senior citizens in Harrison and NA had no problem getting across their streets. Their mayors let their employeees enforce the law, ours gives rebates to those who break it.

Archived