My term as Mayor

Guest Mayor

THE FOLLOWING IS SAID TO BE FACTUAL, WEATHER YOU BELIEVE I AM WHO I SAY I AM OR NOT. FACTS ARE FACTS:

"Harrison is believed to have had the longest-serving Mayor in American history, Frank E. Rodgers, who was first elected in 1946 and served 48 years, from 1947 to 1995, being elected to 24 two-year terms. He also served one term in the New Jersey State Senate, from 1979 to 1983." You see we learn from history, Frank E. Rodgers was in office to long. He should have gave up his seat way before he did and maybe Harrison wouldn't have gone into the "HARRISON DEPRESSION". Pete and I had this brilliant idea of a re-development since the late 1980's, when we saw the real jobs of Harrison leave Harrison.

"Current Mayor McDonough, who had served on the Council for 17 years prior(since 1977) to the 1994 election, had the backing of the retiring Rodgers, but had never known another Mayor in his lifetime, and has been known to speak of Rodgers as such: "When The Mayor was The Mayor...""You see, I don't think I can do the same as my Mayor. I am the leader of a united town council. There is no one on my council more qualified then I to run this town. If there were someone more qualified, I would welcome them with open arms to take my seat.

Though, I would appreciate if we can put some post up with all the good things i have done for this town.

Guest 2smart4u
THE FOLLOWING IS SAID TO BE FACTUAL, WEATHER YOU BELIEVE I AM WHO I SAY I AM OR NOT.  FACTS ARE FACTS:

"Harrison is believed to have had the longest-serving Mayor in American history, Frank E. Rodgers, who was first elected in 1946 and served 48 years, from 1947 to 1995, being elected to 24 two-year terms. He also served one term in the New Jersey State Senate, from 1979 to 1983." You see we learn from history, Frank E. Rodgers was in office to long.  He should have gave up his seat way before he did and maybe Harrison wouldn't have gone into the "HARRISON DEPRESSION".  Pete and I had this brilliant idea of a re-development since the late 1980's, when we saw the real jobs of Harrison leave Harrison.

"Current Mayor McDonough, who had served on the Council for 17 years prior(since 1977) to the 1994 election, had the backing of the retiring Rodgers, but had never known another Mayor in his lifetime, and has been known to speak of Rodgers as such: "When The Mayor was The Mayor...""You see, I don't think I can do the same as my Mayor.  I am the leader of a united town council.  There is no one on my council more qualified then I to run this town.  If there were someone more qualified, I would welcome them with open arms to take my seat.

Though, I would appreciate if we can put some post up with all the good things i have done for this town.

Lay off the Kool-aid.

Guest History

Rodgers ran the town like a benevolent fiefdom.

He was on a number of state and county commissions and, in the days before industry deserted, was a one-man job-finding agency,

making sure friends and voters found and kept gainful employment. (thats what McDonough learned, keep the voters employed, even at the expence of tax payers money)

Guest April 1, 1995
But the last 20 years have not been kind to Harrison. Worthington Pumps, Otis Elevator, RCA and Hartz Mountain left for greener pastures, and the economy soured. Consequently, one of McDonough's first acts as mayor was to form an economic advisory committee whose purpose is to attract new industry.
GOOD JOB!
Additionally, McDonough has hired 14 new police officers and 12 new firefighters and is looking at refurbishing Harrison's downtown.
26 new family members of friends and voters

Guest what a joke

from day 1

A plumber by day, McDonough wakes at 5 am. in order to be at work at 6. He fixes Harrisonians' pipes until 3 p.m., and heads to the mayor's office where he attempts to fix their other problems. "I'll leave the office at 6 p.m. to go home for dinner," he says. "But I'll come back if I have to."

So far it's working. "The adjustment has been fine," says Marion Borek, who has worked in City Hall since 1947, the last two decades of that as the mayor's secretary. "At least I haven't goofed up on the phone yet."
Well we now have two secretaries

THE FOLLOWING IS SAID TO BE FACTUAL, WEATHER YOU BELIEVE I AM WHO I SAY I AM OR NOT.  FACTS ARE FACTS:

"Harrison is believed to have had the longest-serving Mayor in American history, Frank E. Rodgers, who was first elected in 1946 and served 48 years, from 1947 to 1995, being elected to 24 two-year terms. He also served one term in the New Jersey State Senate, from 1979 to 1983." You see we learn from history, Frank E. Rodgers was in office to long.  He should have gave up his seat way before he did and maybe Harrison wouldn't have gone into the "HARRISON DEPRESSION".  Pete and I had this brilliant idea of a re-development since the late 1980's, when we saw the real jobs of Harrison leave Harrison.

"Current Mayor McDonough, who had served on the Council for 17 years prior(since 1977) to the 1994 election, had the backing of the retiring Rodgers, but had never known another Mayor in his lifetime, and has been known to speak of Rodgers as such: "When The Mayor was The Mayor...""You see, I don't think I can do the same as my Mayor.  I am the leader of a united town council.  There is no one on my council more qualified then I to run this town.  If there were someone more qualified, I would welcome them with open arms to take my seat.

your bipolar when it comes to dealing with the hpd issues.you listen and gave us the backstreet boys with guns while insyc handle the detective dept. wow,rock on!

your bipolar when it comes to dealing with the hpd issues.you listen and gave us the backstreet boys with guns while insyc handle the detective dept. wow,rock on!

Your right Mayor. Frank did stay in office too long. He ruled with an iron fist, and let the Town run down and industry moved out. When you became Mayor you were behind the eight ball. Declining tax ratables, long time residenst moving out etc. You have attempted to turn it around by redevelopment. Sure its taking a long time, but it will succeed. Keep up the good work and run for re-election. :P

Guest Tommy Powell
Your right Mayor. Frank did stay in office too long. He ruled with an iron fist, and let the Town run down and industry moved out. When you became Mayor you were behind the eight ball. Declining tax ratables, long time residenst moving out etc. You have attempted to turn it around by redevelopment. Sure its taking a long time, but it will succeed. Keep up the good work and run for re-election.
over 27 years in office, your time is done. you never ran a business, get out before you F#(K it up.

YOU'RE A JOKE... STEP BACK AND LET SOMEONE ELSE DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON....

Your right Mayor. Frank did stay in office too long. He ruled with an iron fist, and let the Town run down and industry moved out. When you became Mayor you were behind the eight ball. Declining tax ratables, long time residenst moving out etc. You have attempted to turn it around by redevelopment. Sure its taking a long time, but it will succeed. Keep up the good work and run for re-election. :P

Thanks, Mom.

WELL LET'S SEE THE LIST OF GOOD THINGS YOU HAVE DONE.. LET THE TOWN PEOPLE SEE ALL THE SO CALLED GOOD STUFF YOU HAVE DONE

i THINK YOU HAVE DONE A LOT OF GOOD THINGS OVER THE LAST 27 YEARS. tHE 1 BAD THING THAT YOU DID WAS BACKING DOWN WHEN U NOMINATED dANNY FOR dEPUTY cHIEF. yOU CAPITULATED TO dORAN AND THAT WAS VERY BAD. aNOTHER BAD THING WAS REPLACING BILLY WHO WAS VERY LOYAL TO YOU WITH rONNIE. AND DESPITE THE TICKET BLITZ, YOU GAVE INTO THE POLICE DEMANDS.

i THINK YOU HAVE DONE A LOT OF GOOD THINGS OVER THE LAST 27 YEARS. tHE 1 BAD THING THAT YOU DID WAS BACKING DOWN WHEN U NOMINATED dANNY FOR dEPUTY cHIEF. yOU CAPITULATED TO dORAN AND THAT WAS VERY BAD. aNOTHER BAD THING WAS REPLACING BILLY WHO WAS VERY LOYAL TO YOU WITH rONNIE. AND DESPITE THE TICKET BLITZ, YOU GAVE INTO THE POLICE DEMANDS.

You all be nice to my boy. He's the best thing to ever happen to Harrison (if you don't count the stadium, he blew that one).

don't forget the beegees as peo's now.

the insync clan just got a new member vanilla ice! how do the backstreet boys deal with that? they bring on carnie wilson to their team while mick jagger still reigns the phones upstairs. :ph34r::):P:lol::P what a team only the best for harrison!

vanilla ice, break it down for us at the gardens! ice ice ice........baby!

don't forget the beegees as peo's now.

the insync clan just got a new member vanilla ice! how do the backstreet boys deal with that? they bring on carnie wilson to their team while mick jagger still reigns the phones upstairs. :)  :P  :lol:  :P  :P what a team only the best for harrison!

vanilla ice, break it down for us at the gardens! ice ice ice........baby!

we already have Elton John as the Police Chairman :ph34r:

Guest PatrickD
that's sir elton to you all. right artie! ;)

Nah, I would say the police chairman is more like Boy George. He gets to go to Provincetown each year and show his shiney badge ** **** *** ***** ***** ***. :rolleyes:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Archived