MILLAN for Mayor

Guest VOTE June 6th

Guest VOTE June 6th

MILLAN for Mayor We all knew he would be good. The mayor and council tried to ruin his self-confidence, but just gave him time to prove that this council was a joke and bad.

MILLAN for Mayor  We all knew he would be good.  The mayor and council tried to ruin his self-confidence, but just gave him time to prove that this council was a joke and bad.

I think Millan wouldbe a good choice for Harrison Mayor. I had good relations with him when I was a dept. head. He cared about the people of Harrison and his Harrison Fest was a great success. On the other hand, I think Doran would be a disaster. He has a lot of issues and is easily compromised.

I think Millan wouldbe a good choice for Harrison Mayor. I had good relations with him when I was a dept. head. He cared about the people of Harrison and his Harrison Fest was a great success. On the other hand, I think Doran would be a disaster. He has a lot of issues and is easily compromised.

Exactly what are you trying to insinuate by this innuendo, you homophobe.

Just what are these “issues” that would leave Councilman Doran "easily compromised?"

I did have some respect for Mr. Millan. Being a minority himself, I would hope he would disavow himself of such hate talk.

Shame on you. :blink:

. I had good relations with him when I was a dept. head. He cared about the people of Harrison and his Harrison Fest was a great success. On the other hand, I think Doran would be a disaster. He has a lot of issues and is easily compromised.

"I think Millan would be a good choice for Harrison Mayor"

Why do we want to look at the past for a mayor? How about some new names.

stop recycling the past mistakes and lets look forward to new and better

government in Harrison. Someone with smarts and integrity. Know anyone like

that?

I don’t even think Mayor McDonough or Mr. Higgins would stoop that low.

Millan must apologize to Councilman Doran.

I’m surprised about Mr. Millan!!! I thought he was a nice person. What happened to him?

:huh:

I don’t even think Mayor McDonough or Mr. Higgins would stoop that low.

Millan must apologize to Councilman Doran.

I’m surprised about Mr. Millan!!!  I thought he was a nice person.  What happened to him?

he came down from his tree house and had no crackers!

time to make the fudge boys :lol::P

Guest built on determination
I did have some respect for Mr. Millan. Being a minority himself, I would hope he would disavow himself of such hate talk.
wHY DOES ANYONE THINK MILLAN DOESN'T LIKE DORAN? LAST I HEARD, IT WAS THE ONLY COUNCILMAN HE WOULD KEEP!
stop recycling the past mistakes and lets look forward to new and better
BIG MISTAKE WAS MILLAN LOSING, ONCE HE LEFT NOTHING IN TOWN GOT DONE, THE RUSHING THE NEW CONDOS, POURING CEMENT IN FREEZING WEATHER & THE METROSTARS WOULD BE nightmare.

Just what are these “issues” that would leave Councilman Doran "easily compromised?"

I did have some respect for Mr. Millan.  Being a minority himself, I would hope he would disavow himself of such hate talk.

Shame on you. :(

Who said anything about "homophobe". Look at Doran's record as Councilman. He promised a lot, but dlievered nothing. No web site---no newsletter---- all his relatives got public jobs. What has he done for the little person? Nothing---he and his friends are enriching themselves via the redevelopment. No that's the issues and it has nothing to do with homophilia. :P:lol::huh:

Guest Clamdigger

I did have some respect for Mr. Millan.  Being a minority himself, I would hope he would disavow himself of such hate talk.

Shame on you. :(

Why do you always think that someone is insinuating something when they say something about Doran? The issues are----- he hasn't done anything for the people. He has only taken care of his friends, himself, and his family. He started as an Independent but that lasted about 1 meeting and then he joined the team, including Higgins. So what makes you think he would be any different as Mayor? McDonough would beat him easy and send him off to Provincetown. :lol::huh::P Shame on you for thinking on homophobic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest not running for mayor

Last I hear was that Milan wasn't running for Mayor, his health doesn't allow it. He might be running for councilman though. Wouldn't that be nice. Artie vs Milan. Hard battle since Artie gets about 500 votes every year he runs...........

Why don't we forget the past and bring in "Young Blood"

Millan fell off the face of the earth after losing, By doing so he lost my respect.

He is a good man and did a great job when he was in ,but when the power was gone so was he.

Why don't we forget the past and bring in "Young Blood"

Millan fell off the face of the earth after losing, By doing so he lost my respect.

He is a good man and did a great job when he was in ,but when the power was gone so was he.

Listen,Millan was not a nice man.He was mean spirited.He turned off more people than the delinquent bill department at PSE&G.He perceived himself as the Spanish and Portuguese "wet dream".Unfortunately he didn't understand all of the politcal landscapei.e. who votes and who doesn't.The people he turned off vote.

A little history here :Harrison at one time was divided into wards where each one reflected the different ethnic composition of the town.The dividing lines were 4th street and Harrison Ave.The 4th ward was largely Irish.The 1st ward largely Italian,The third Ward Polishand the 2nd was mixed.I think I got that right.Each ward's councilman reflected the ethnicity of their ward.This was all controlled by an Irish Mayor who encouraged this setup.He not only encouraged it but recruited the different ethnic candidates.When it came time to decide things there was no one saying "my people" want this or that.We were all Harrisonians.And like it or not English was the language that business was done by.

Millan didn't get it.He certainly found out how to use the system to get himself a job.He almost screwed that up too because he wanted more ,make that demanded more .

Ethnicity ,color or religion have never been the criteria here to get elected.Embracing all ,rather than alienating some is the key to political success in our town of immigrants.After all as Frank Rodgers said "We are all Immigrants".The difference is the immigrants of his generation came to stay.They referred to their home lands as"the old Country",not "my country".They didn't think of America as an employment office but rather as their home.Enough of Millan .He is old news.Sorry if i rambled.

Class dimissed!

Listen,Millan was not a nice man.He was mean spirited.He turned off more people than the delinquent bill department at PSE&G.He perceived himself as the Spanish and Portuguese "wet dream".Unfortunately he didn't understand all of the politcal landscapei.e. who votes and who doesn't.The people he turned off vote.
OK ARTIE, go have a beer.

A little history here :Harrison at one time was divided into wards where each one reflected the different ethnic composition of the town.The dividing lines were 4th street and Harrison Ave.The 4th ward was largely Irish.The 1st ward largely Italian,The third Ward Polishand the 2nd was mixed.I think I got that right.Each ward's councilman reflected the ethnicity of their ward.This was all controlled by an Irish Mayor who encouraged this setup.He not only encouraged it but recruited the different ethnic candidates.When it came time to decide things there was no one saying "my people" want this or that.We were all Harrisonians.And like it or not English was the language that business was done by.

Millan didn't get it.He certainly found out how to use the system to get himself a job.He almost screwed that up too because he wanted more ,make that demanded more .

Ethnicity ,color or religion have never been the criteria here to get elected.Embracing all ,rather than alienating some is the key to political success in our town of immigrants.After all as Frank Rodgers said "We are all Immigrants".The difference is the immigrants of his generation came to stay.They referred to their home lands as"the old Country",not "my country".They didn't think of America as an employment office but rather as their home.Enough of Millan .He is old news.Sorry if i rambled.

Class dimissed!

Useless and inaccurate info. The 'wards' were not as such. What are you trying to say. You did ramble.

But you have one thing right, Millan or Milan, whatever his name, is useless as well.

Useless and inaccurate info. The 'wards' were not as such. What are you trying to say. You did ramble.

But you have one thing right, Millan or Milan, whatever his name, is useless as well.

even though he did ramble.,the info is not useless or inaccurate .unless you are one of the my country people.Guest was right on the money.you were'nt here

If those are the same people who said he wasn't a team player, then they are useless. HE SHOULD RUN FOR MAYOR. He had the whole council against him and no one brought the town more grant money, no council member gave an effort for christmas decorations, no councilman ran the Harrison Fest Like him, no councilman finished his job with the lamps, sidewalks...,NPP, SIDD, ......no councilman did anything for the seniors, no councilman had what it took to step up and not be a yes man

Prove me wrong!

He might have been rough around the edges and came off on the wrong way, but HE GOT THINGS DONE!

MILLAN for Mayor

unless you are one of the my country people.
Are you kidding me. He was labled as a non-team player. Are you sure that My people didn't mean the HONEST PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON, THE NON-MAYOR COUNCIL PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD BEING. The man is the most un-selfish person I know. His number was always posted. call him. support him. (973) 485-0761

jimmy you still think this guy is the savior of harrison ? get real !!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, now, lets not get name mixed up. Leave poor Jimmy alone. Facts are Facts. Prove me wrong jack a$$.

P.S.

Go have another beer! or join AA and take your friends too.

got your number jimmy, millan can't do you anything for you baby, * ***** ** ** ***** *** * *** *** ***** , what a match. maybe you should buy each other a drink and toast a no future for either of you wana be's..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• 5 months later...

Archived