Unruly High Schoolers

speedy1

I never complain about the kids playing stick ball or ant type of games in the streetor complained about large groups sitting on porches, but the today I saw the most horrible display of these young people you could imagine. I live on Elm St and the people down the block were not at home, so the nephew had a few ( NOT REALLY) friends over, faces painted red & black cars dropping off more teens, girl coming in & out well they were the most rowdiest group I have ever seen foul language, annoying, loud, rude running in & out constantly, if I saw this and my son wanted to join the soccer team I would say no way based on the goings on in this house today but the worst part about it was the loud cursing in the streets boys & girls alike. Some of the things they were yelling I would blush in mixed company. What are we teaching these kids? Residents up and down the street were opening thier doors and looking out to make sure no damage was being done

and there was no absolutly no supervision there. Parents check it out make sure you know where your children are this is how the teens get in trouble, always make sure there is an adult home.

I never complain about the kids playing stick ball or ant type of games in the streetor complained about large groups sitting on porches, but the today I saw the most horrible display of these young people you could imagine. I live on Elm St and the people down the block were not at home, so the nephew had a few ( NOT REALLY) friends over, faces painted red & black cars dropping off more teens, girl coming in & out well they were the most rowdiest group I have ever seen foul language, annoying, loud, rude running in & out constantly, if I saw this and my son wanted to join the soccer team I would say no way based on the goings on in this house today but the worst part about it was the loud cursing in the streets boys & girls alike. Some of the things they were yelling I would blush in mixed company. What are we teaching these kids? Residents up and down the street were opening thier doors and looking out to make sure no damage was being done

and there was no absolutly no supervision there. Parents check it out make sure you know where your children are this is how the teens get in trouble, always make sure there is an adult home.

69930[/snapback]

I live not far from the HS and whenever there's an EVENT (like this weekends KHS/HHS Soccer game) We deal with the yelling and screaming on our street. I must admit I do see a heavy presents of KPD patrolling the area during these times. Every KP patrol car must have been on Kearny Ave Saturday night. Since there was no parental supervision at that home, did you call the police?

I have heard gossip that would lend itself to suggest a multitude of street fights went on that evening with many injuries, some quite serious. Is there truth in this?

Brawling Brawling Brawling. :wub::lol::(

Guest unknown
I have heard gossip that would lend itself to suggest a multitude of street fights went on that evening with many injuries, some quite serious.  Is there truth in this?

Brawling Brawling Brawling.  ;)  :(  :(

70314[/snapback]

not much just a young lady got her head split open ,a young man had his jaw broken, and another had 9 stitches over his eye and it never made the observer my my !!!!!!

This is an unfortunate problem that is going on in OUR town, in todays Star Ledger I read about a young college man 19yrs old that was stopped by a few men and asked him for directions, then they jumped him stole his wallet & phone and the final blow was to beat him to death. Is this where we are heading? I hope not, this topic was started to alert parents of what is going on. But yet apparently it is not as important as the other same old subjects on this forum.

This is an unfortunate problem that is going on in OUR town, in todays Star Ledger I read about a young college man 19yrs old that was stopped by a few men and asked him for directions, then they jumped him stole his wallet & phone and the final blow was to beat him to death. Is this where we are heading? I hope not, this topic was started to alert parents of what is going on. But yet apparently it is not as important as the other same old subjects on this forum.

71119[/snapback]

Parents not doing their jobs... :P

69930[/snapback]

My grandmother lives on the same street as the HS, she is 94 years old. The disrespect that they have for her and her property is appauling. At one point she was kind enough to let the kids sit on her steps, all she asked was to please clean up their mess when they leave. After a while they just left everything there. There was empty soda bottles, BK lunch bags, chip bags, cigarett buts all over the place. I have complained to the school and now it is worse. They cuss and have no respect for anyone. The town does not care, the school does not care, what are we supposed to do? Who can we turn to for these kinds of problems?

My grandmother lives on the same street as the HS, she is 94 years old.  The disrespect that they have for her and her property is appauling.  At one point she was kind enough to let the kids sit on her steps, all she asked was to please clean up their mess when they leave.  After a while they just left everything there.  There was empty soda bottles, BK lunch bags, chip bags, cigarett buts all over the place.  I have complained to the school and now it is worse.  They cuss and have no respect for anyone.  The town does not care, the school does not care, what are we supposed to do?  Who can we turn to for these kinds of problems?

72497[/snapback]

Here is alittle info, your best bet is to contact the town council members like Carol Jean Doyle, she fights against everthing else, so why not this, I don't live too far away but I am having a horrible time with these kids, going and coming from school,I just open my door and my dog shows her teeth and they are gone, maybe you can her a lg dog but I guess at her age she doesn't want a dog I would continue to call the police dept until they send someone during lunch hours to move them, I wish you all the best

not much just a young lady got her head split open ,a young man had his jaw broken, and another had 9 stitches over his eye and it never made the observer my my !!!!!!

70808[/snapback]

If you look in the Observer, there is very little about Kearny anymore,it seems that they edit out all the things that use to be in the paper, and all the things that we as residents should know about.