Harrison

Guest Peter

Harrison is all messed up. Someone needs to take some action. I urge some young, intelligent, motivated, and not corrupt young man or woman to run for mayor. We need someone with a business background. Someone who will not care about the past. Please is there anyone who grew up here, left, got an education, has business experience and has not forgotten where he or she is from.

Our School system is a joke.

Town employee are incompetent and overpaid.

There is no sense of community.

Taxes are higher then most Bergen County Towns.

Harrison looks like a ghetto.

Guest Former Harrison Resident
Harrison is all messed up.  Someone needs to take some action.  I urge some young, intelligent, motivated, and not corrupt young man or woman to run for mayor.  We need someone with a business background.  Someone who will not care about the past.  Please is there anyone who grew up here, left, got an education, has business experience and has not forgotten where he or she is from. 

Have you looked around Harrison lately---no one can speaks English. There are no young intelligent persons left. They all left long ago. What you got is a lot of 3rd world people living together to make ends meet. That's why the present adm stays in. The few Town workers and their families who still live in Harrison put them in along with the welfare people in the projects.

Guest Senior Town Resident
Harrison is all messed up.  Someone needs to take some action.  I urge some young, intelligent, motivated, and not corrupt young man or woman to run for mayor.  We need someone with a business background.  Someone who will not care about the past.  Please is there anyone who grew up here, left, got an education, has business experience and has not forgotten where he or she is from. 

Don't omit the moronic decisions being made by our mayor and council. Prime example: Soccer stadium costing taxpayers $40,000,000.

Guest The Mayor

The mayor doesn't pay property taxes, if this stadium screws up everything, it won't cost him a dollar in property taxes, but us property owners will pay double!!

Guest 2smart4u
The mayor doesn't pay property taxes, if this stadium screws up everything, it won't cost him a dollar in property taxes, but us property owners will pay double!!

IF the stadium screws up everything ?? Municipalities should only borrow money when it's NECESSARY; to buy fire trucks, rebuild roads, install new water mains, etc. A soccer stadium doesn't fall under the heading of NECESSARY. Adding $40,000,000 to the town's debt is creating a financial hole the town may never climb out of. Is that screwing everything up ?? I think so.

IF the stadium screws up everything ??  Municipalities should only borrow money when it's NECESSARY; to buy fire trucks, rebuild roads, install new water mains, etc.  A soccer stadium doesn't fall under the heading of NECESSARY.  Adding $40,000,000 to the town's debt is creating a financial hole the town may never climb out of. Is that screwing everything up ?? I think so.

But if we don't bond how is the Mayor going to get those brown paper bags to stuff in the desk in Town Hall a la Janiszewski style.

Archived