get ready

Guest not smart enough 4u

Guest not smart enough 4u

Newark officials unveil traffic plans for new arena

10/17/2007, 1:05 p.m. ET

The Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Leave your car at home.

That's the underlying advice from Newark officials for next week's opening of the new Prudential Center arena.

However, officials realize many people are going to drive to concerts and Devils games anyway, so they've developed an elaborate plan to try and relieve congestion.

It includes signs that steer traffic away from Route 21 and a color-coded system of parking lots. In addition, police will be able to control traffic lights to help pedestrians get from Penn Station to the arena.

Even with the measures, officials concede there will be plenty of traffic tie-ups in the first few weeks.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Hurry up. ;) with that parking garage. Park in Harrison and take the train to the game!!

The town deserves to get a cut and so does Many Amaral & Steve Adler who were FORCED OUT & lost their property.

Shall we not forget as Harrisonians, we forced Many & Steve Adler by supporting McDonough and his team of Cronies.

It's time for a change.

NCF, (no cross fires)

Newark officials unveil traffic plans for new arena

10/17/2007, 1:05 p.m. ET

The Associated Press   

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Leave your car at home.

That's the underlying advice from Newark officials for next week's opening of the new Prudential Center arena.

However, officials realize many people are going to drive to concerts and Devils games anyway, so they've developed an elaborate plan to try and relieve congestion.

It includes signs that steer traffic away from Route 21 and a color-coded system of parking lots. In addition, police will be able to control traffic lights to help pedestrians get from Penn Station to the arena.

Even with the measures, officials concede there will be plenty of traffic tie-ups in the first few weeks.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

69577[/snapback]

THAT'S FUNNY I GET TRAFFIC NOW I CAN'T LEAVE MY HOUSE TILL TEN PM. DO YOU THINK OUR TOWN FATHERS HAVE A PLAN OTHER THEN DUCK AND COVER?? ;)

Guest just me
THAT'S FUNNY I GET TRAFFIC NOW I CAN'T LEAVE MY HOUSE TILL TEN PM. DO YOU THINK OUR TOWN FATHERS HAVE A PLAN OTHER THEN DUCK AND COVER?? :o

69638[/snapback]

PLEASE tell me the plan to divert away from Rte. 21 doesn't have anything to do with the traffic signs that are covered with plastic garbage bags next to Quick Chek. It says something about Rte. 21. Can you imagine adding Pru Center traffic AND Red Bull Stadium traffic to Harrison.?

PLEASE tell me the plan to divert away from Rte. 21  doesn't have anything to do with the traffic signs that are covered with plastic garbage bags next to Quick Chek. It says something about Rte. 21.  Can you imagine adding Pru Center traffic AND Red Bull Stadium traffic to Harrison.?

69668[/snapback]

Maybe the chief of police could close all the bridges when they have events over there it will save all the bullshit and congestion in town.

PLEASE tell me the plan to divert away from Rte. 21  doesn't have anything to do with the traffic signs that are covered with plastic garbage bags next to Quick Chek. It says something about Rte. 21.  Can you imagine adding Pru Center traffic AND Red Bull Stadium traffic to Harrison.?

69668[/snapback]

Don't worry about it. The studies indicated these stadiums will have no impact on traffic.

Maybe the chief of police could close all the bridges when they have events over there  it will save all the bullshit and congestion in town.

69773[/snapback]

are you stupid that's extra revenue for the town! beisdes we have enough cops to cover the traffic and crime! :rolleyes::lol: