Leaves

Guest Guest

Kearny has one of the worst records of removing leaves in the last 25 years.

This is do to bad management.

Santos and the Council should privatize leaves and snow, It is going to

happen.

It would be cost effective also, And assign labor where it is needed most.

Any other thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Guest eye on whats up

happen.

It all has to do with supervision. Are the supervisors on the streets makeing sure that assignements are being carried out. Someone should see what time the crews are leaving the yard in the mornings and if they go directly to their assigned areas. That would assure more hours worked. Your major reason for poor performance is laxed supervision. At present it is more important for supervision to purcase their scratch offs and pick it's rather then deal with difficult employees. I'm sure mr Kerr has his hands full with this group. Until this situation is delt with your leaves will be blowing back on your lawn. Don't privatize make them work a full day. Really why pay a contractor to do their work while they ride around burning gas. The administrator should drop in at the DPW around 7:15 to see if assignments were prepared the day before so work can start at 8:00 am on the dot. He should also check the weeks work orders to see who is where and what they are assigned to. It all boils down to poor management and their poor.

happen.

Yea heres one. They should take that guy off the roll off truck and put him to work. Have a contractor pick up the boxes. the town would save a fortune in fuel and gain another body on the street. Again poor management. these guys would die if they had to really work. Wait until the water supt. takes over.

Guest Happy Resident

I think Mayor Santos must be trying to privatize the leaf collection by posting stuff about how poor the leaf collection is. I think the DPW does an excellent job of picking up leaves. If they forgot your street, it must be an oversight,call them. They picked up my leaves on street cleaning day. All the streets around me, were cleaned and new leaves placed for next week. Mayor Santos does not rake leaves he owns no property in town. If he privatizes the leaf collection it's because he wants another contributor to his campaign. He already privatized the lawn cutting to a non-union outfit, what's next mayor.

I think Mayor Santos must be trying to privatize the leaf collection by posting stuff about how poor the leaf collection is.  I think the DPW does an excellent job of picking up leaves. If they forgot your street, it must be an oversight,call them. They picked up my leaves on street cleaning day.  All the streets around me, were cleaned and new leaves placed for next week.  Mayor Santos does not rake leaves he owns no property in town.  If he privatizes the leaf collection it's because he wants another contributor to his campaign.  He already privatized the lawn cutting to a non-union outfit, what's next mayor.

You must work there.

It is now 4 WEEKS in a row North Mid has not been done I just called the street dept and they told me that a sweeper went down this morning ......but they couldn't answer about the 3 other weeks. My next call is to our "mayor"......I love it just rasie our taxes and give us even less....Mayor and council wake up take a ride and see all the for sale signs....that in it self should be a sign.

It is now 4 WEEKS in a row North Mid has not been done I just called the street dept and they told me that a sweeper went down this morning ......but they couldn't answer about the 3 other weeks. My next call is to our "mayor"......I love it just rasie our taxes and give us even less....Mayor and council wake up take a ride and see all the for sale signs....that in it self should be a sign.

A sign of what, that people are able to get a fortune for the dumps they live in Kearny regardless of the taxes and problems?!?!?!?

Guest Happy camper
A sign of what, that people are able to get a fortune for the dumps they live in Kearny regardless of the taxes and problems?!?!?!?

What taxes? What problems? Everything is wonderful in Kearny in the realm of liberal democratic rule.Our mayor has a new job and is doing well setting up his future. Kearny ave has new side walks that enhance the empty stores. We should be greatful for all the progress the town has made under this administration. We got our water dept back along with contractors doing the repair work at three times the cost as opposed to what it cost when our employees addressed these matters. But this is what we wanted and this is OK because everything is just fine. Kearny is a much better place to live in. Don't you think?

I think Mayor Santos must be trying to privatize the leaf collection by posting stuff about how poor the leaf collection is.  I think the DPW does an excellent job of picking up leaves. If they forgot your street, it must be an oversight,call them. They picked up my leaves on street cleaning day.  All the streets around me, were cleaned and new leaves placed for next week.  Mayor Santos does not rake leaves he owns no property in town.  If he privatizes the leaf collection it's because he wants another contributor to his campaign.  He already privatized the lawn cutting to a non-union outfit, what's next mayor.

Seems to me like alot of oversights going on in town as far as leaves go.

Yea! they have three mexicans cutting the entire Town in two days. Use to take seven town employees a full day to cut the Town hall park.

Archived