Jim Mangin vs. Santos

Guest Guest

Wake up Jim,

You had your chance when you were on the council Jim to do something good. Reliable people warned you and you ignored them because you trusted another group of people with an agenda of their own .

You are not going to defeat Santos. You and alot of other di-hard Kearnyites live in the past. Look around you. You will never get a petiton to re- call him, you will never defeat him. Move on or out! But stop the non sense it is the same old... same old from the same old... same old group of people.

Go put that initiative into something where you can make a difference, not Kearny Politics....it is hopeless.

The horse is dead and the rabbit died etc. move on!!!!!!!

Wake up Jim,

You had your chance when you were on the council Jim to do something good. Reliable people warned you and you ignored them because you trusted another  group of people with an agenda of their own .

You are not going to defeat Santos.  You and alot of other di-hard Kearnyites live in the past. Look around you. You will never get a petiton to re- call him, you will never defeat him. Move on or out! But stop the non sense it is the same old... same old from the same old... same old group of people.

Go put that initiative into something where you can make a difference, not Kearny Politics....it is hopeless.

The horse is dead and the rabbit died etc. move on!!!!!!!

69306[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about?

If I don't like something that's going on, I'm going to speak up. If that doesn't work, I'm going to run again. If that doesn't work (insert your own joke here) I'm still going to speak up. Moving out is not an option. A recall is. And while it's not my issue, I still think it's a good idea - even if it doesn't make the ballot.

Sorry, they'll be no "going quietly into the night."

Jim Mangin

If I don't like something that's going on, I'm going to speak up. If that doesn't work, I'm going to run again. If that doesn't work (insert your own joke here) I'm still going to speak up. Moving out is not an option. A recall is. And while it's not my issue, I still think it's a good idea - even if it doesn't make the ballot.

Jim Mangin

69474[/snapback]

Why did you not exercise this right when you were on the council. You did nothing. There was still a chance at that point for the Town but when people tried to talk to you then it fell on deaf ears.

It is not a matter of going quietly Jim, it is a matter of now just being a back seat driver.

Hine sight is 20/20. Jim Wake up!

Guest Studies and Observations
Why did you not exercise this right when you were on the council. You did nothing. There was still a chance at that point for the Town but when people tried to talk to you then it fell on deaf ears.

It is not a matter of going quietly Jim, it is a matter of now just being a back seat driver.

Hine sight is 20/20. Jim Wake up!

69593[/snapback]

Where were YOU Jim DID speak out but he was the LONE voice of dissention on the Council..HinD sight is indeed 20/20 and Jim's been proven right on more than one issue. But hey..SOME in town are happy with the way things are going..so everyone else should just Shut up and go along...right??? We're MUCH better off with our Town Administration hooked in with the HCDO.

Where were YOU  Jim DID speak out but he was the LONE voice of dissention on the Council..HinD sight is indeed 20/20 and Jim's been proven right on more than one issue.  But hey..SOME in town are happy with the way things are going..so everyone else should just Shut up and go along...right???  We're MUCH better off with our Town Administration hooked in with the HCDO.

69769[/snapback]

So very well put and so true. It seems our Mayor is very well connected to the HUDSON COUNTY MACHINE, the same machine he called evil and bad for Kearny. This mayor speaks with forked tongue and from both sides of his mouth. If they really want to lower taxes they should get rid of D'Arco. They would save a ton of money. the mayor's head hunter, at tax payers expense......!

Guest a proud american

Jim Mangin

69474[/snapback]

Jim, I know you aren't an attorney, but as a former Councilman perhaps you could answer these questions. Is it legal to have a question placed on the ballot for voter approval barring an official from holding simultaneous positions ie Mayor and County employee.

And could the Board of Education election and budget vote be held during the general election.

I know there has been a long standing history of holding two jobs going back as far as Healey and Mayor Rodgers of Harrison but perhaps the time has come to change this if it can be done legally. Also it seems that the BOE budget eats up a large share of the towns budget but when it comes to voting there seems to be a lack of interest. Also it seems that it would save money to hold all of the elections at the same time.

Again, I don't mean to put you on the spot but if saving money by doing this makes sense why not do it.

Guest Radagast
Jim, I know you aren't an attorney, but as a former Councilman perhaps you could answer these questions. Is it legal to have a question placed on the ballot for voter approval barring an official from holding simultaneous positions ie Mayor and County employee.

And could the Board of Education election and budget vote be held during the general election.

I know there has been a long standing history of holding two jobs going back as far as Healey and Mayor Rodgers of Harrison but perhaps the time has come to change this if it can be done legally. Also it seems that the BOE budget eats up a large share of the towns budget but when it comes to voting there seems to be a lack of interest. Also it seems that it would save money to hold all of the elections at the same time.

Again, I don't mean to put you on the spot but if saving money by doing this makes sense why not do it.

70232[/snapback]

Preventing a person from holding two public offices and changing the BOE election to November would both take action by the the NJ State Legislature.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guest a proud american
Preventing a person from holding two public offices and changing the BOE election to November would both take action by the the NJ State Legislature.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

70239[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply.

• 2 weeks later...
Where were YOU  Jim DID speak out but he was the LONE voice of dissention on the Council..HinD sight is indeed 20/20 and Jim's been proven right on more than one issue.  But hey..SOME in town are happy with the way things are going..so everyone else should just Shut up and go along...right???  We're MUCH better off with our Town Administration hooked in with the HCDO.

69769[/snapback]

Sitting right there watching him speak out about all the wrong things not the things that could have made a difference. People told him and he just sat there on the council and did nothing about lots of things that could have gotten him some where . Now where is he trying to make a difference...... To late Jim..... Kearny has changed it is not the same. It will never be what it was. It can be something but never what it was!