New High School Stadium

MrHarrison

Everyone is on here complaining about parking and whatnot for the Metrostars stadium, but did anyone sit back and think about the fact that there will be NO PARKING for the new stadium being built with the high school?

Granted, there are not going to be 20,000-25,000 people at this stadium, but if it is a high profile game, there may be 1,000 people. Where are they going to park? At least at JFK we had the parking spaces in front of the tennis courts and along Super's fence and the side streets, but what will happen with Kingsland Ave., Hamilton St., and Schylur Ave.?

Guest Senior Town Resident
Everyone is on here complaining about parking and whatnot for the Metrostars stadium, but did anyone sit back and think about the fact that there will be NO PARKING for the new stadium being built with the high school? 

Granted, there are not going to be 20,000-25,000 people at this stadium, but if it is a high profile game, there may be 1,000 people.  Where are they going to park?  At least at JFK we had the parking spaces in front of the tennis courts and along Super's fence and the side streets, but what will happen with Kingsland Ave., Hamilton St., and Schylur Ave.?

This comes as a surprise to me. I can't believe that large area doesn't provide for parking. What about teacher and student parking ??

There is an area for teacher/faculty parking, but I do not believe it will be open to the public after school hours. There is no parking for students.

If it is, it is pretty far from the stadium as the parking lot is up near the intersection of Central Ave. and Kingsland Ave.

This comes as a surprise to me. I can't believe that large area doesn't provide for parking. What about teacher and student parking ??

There will be parking for 75 cars on site.there is parking in west hudson park adjacent to the lake.there is parking on schuyler avenue.there hasn't been 1000 people at any game in recent history.Have you been to any?please stop looking for negative things.worry about when the project will be completed.there will be much more parking than there was at JFK.sleep well

There is an area for teacher/faculty parking, but I do not believe it will be open to the public after school hours.  There is no parking for students.

If it is, it is pretty far from the stadium as the parking lot is up near the intersection of Central Ave. and Kingsland Ave.

Y do the kids have to drive to school anyway ? y can't they walk like we all did ? if its not a fashion show its a car show there trying to prove . And the parking lot is far from Kingsland & Central Ave is from the feild ?? what are u smoking if anything its a block or 2 . I'm sure people had to walk futher trying to get down to the old stadium when something worth while to attend.

Y do the kids have to drive to school anyway ? y can't they walk like we all did ? if its not a fashion show its a car show there trying to prove . And the parking lot is far from Kingsland & Central Ave is from the feild ?? what are u smoking if anything its a block or 2 . I'm sure people had to walk futher trying to get down to the old stadium when something worth while to attend.

shit... when i got my license i lived six blocks from school and drove....no we all didn't walk... think about being 17/18.... they deserve to drive to school once in awhile...

and by the way if you walked... that was even before the 70's.... and if you're that old stop with the chat board shortcuts 'y' '2' ... if you want to be up with the times u missed sev acrs to typ in ur msg.... c u l8r....

Archived