A new day

Guest Happy

With this defeat of the republican party comes a new day for NJ. We will go on to raise the taxes pay for non citizens hospital costs hand out social security money and give anything we want to those who we think will vote for us. Yes as long as we have power we can build our power base with the money of hard working New Jerseians. We are here to stay. Thank you special interest groups and kool aid drinkers we could'nt have done it with out you. Keep up the good work.

With this defeat of the republican party comes a new day for NJ. We will go on to raise the taxes pay for non citizens hospital costs hand out social security money and give anything we want to those who we think will vote for us. Yes as long as we have power we can build our power base with the money of hard working New Jerseians. We are here to stay. Thank you special interest groups and kool aid drinkers we could'nt have done it with out you. Keep up the good work.

;):( sadly very very sadly i say you are" RIGHT ON"!!!! :( KEARNY YOUR SCREWED!!!!!

Guest Radagast

Tch Tch, bitter, bitter, bitter.....

That's true though, I can't imagine what the Democrats would do without that all important 'non citizen' vote.

Anyways ... one thing I noticed was that the statewide turnout was around 43% and I'm willing to bet that a large portion of the 57% who didn't show up were Republicans who didn't find Forrester worth the time to vote for. Instead of 'special interest groups' perhaps you might look at the 'lack of interest group'.

That's true though, I can't imagine what the Democrats would do without that all important 'non citizen' vote.

Anyways ... one thing I noticed was that the statewide turnout was around 43% and I'm willing to bet that a large portion of the 57% who didn't show up were Republicans who didn't find Forrester worth the time to vote for. Instead of 'special interest groups' perhaps you might look at the 'lack of interest group'.

I'd have to agree with ragass. Who thought anyone would vote for Forrester or Corzine? They both seem like a couple of pompous asses. Yeah they're both rich but that probably means they're ruthless and have no conscience. Neither seems to be a leader. You have to know they don't have New Jersey's best interest in mind, yet these are our choices. Do you think maybe the people who should run for office won't because they don't want themselves and their family to be dragged through the mud? God help us.

I'd have to agree with ragass. Who thought anyone would vote for Forrester or Corzine? They both seem like a couple of pompous asses. Yeah they're both rich but that probably means they're ruthless and have no conscience. Neither seems to be a leader. You have to know they don't have New Jersey's best interest in mind, yet these are our choices. Do you think maybe the people who should run for office won't because they don't want themselves and their family to be dragged through the mud? God help us.

I didn't vote for either. I typed in James Mangin for every office.

Guest Silver Fox

Rush Limbaugh said it the best on his show today.

"People are acting surprised that a Democrat won in NJ".

"The most corrupt candidate will win in NJ".

That's how it is". "NJ- the fodder for late night comedy routines".

Paraphrased of course.

And oh so true.. :lol::(

Your right ragass 57% of the people didn't show. The reason is simple, they are fed up with the lack of choice. We hear the same old line about change ,but change never comes. We will get an increase in the state income tax. That's a sure bet. Yes the lack of interest group didn't show and that's because they are tired of the lies and bullshit. So feel good about your victory and hope the lack of interest group never becomes interested. 57% that's something to think about as well as a sad statement about our trust in the system.

Paraphrased of course.

And oh so true.. :lol:  :(

Oh well, if Rush pronounces this to be the truth...then it must be! I just find it difficult to trust the assessment of a white collar addict of privilege who repeatedly lies about his addiction to everyone including himself.

Guest Radagast
Your right ragass 57% of the people didn't show. The reason is simple, they are fed up with the lack of choice. We hear the same old line about change ,but change never comes. We will get an increase in the state income tax. That's a sure bet. Yes the lack of interest group didn't show and that's because they are tired of the lies and bullshit. So feel good about your victory and hope the lack of interest group never becomes interested. 57% that's something to think about as well as a sad statement about our trust in the system.

I think it speaks more to disinterest in Forrester's message than anger at the system. Corzine's voters showed up. The opinion polls showed Corzine ahead by as little as 4% just before the election, yet he won by 10%. Forrester's supporters were willing to express their view to a pollster but not take the time to vote. So they trusted the system on the phone but not in the voting booth? I think not.

Every politician promises change and things do change slightly, for good or ill, while they occupy the office they were elected to. Maybe income taxes should rise in order to lower property taxes. I know enough about government that I don't expect earth shattering changes. Government moves slowly. It always has and it always will and our little not so perfect system keeps chugging along.

So take heart...

Guest Radagast

Paraphrased of course.

And oh so true.. :lol:  :(

Ah the great sage has spoken! He's not happy about Corzine winning... what a surprise. Anyway, Corzine doesn't need corrupt money. He's not even going to take his salary for Governor. There is every reason to believe that he will continue in the direction toward getting rid of 'pay to play' and enforcing strict government ethics... you and rush can believe what you want. To suggest that he is corrupt is silly on the face of it but, of course, one must consider the accuser.

Rad,

You're the best!

Ah the great sage has spoken! He's not happy about Corzine winning... what a surprise. Anyway, Corzine doesn't need corrupt money. He's not even going to take his salary for Governor. There is every reason to believe that he will continue in the direction toward getting rid of 'pay to play' and enforcing strict government ethics... you and rush can believe what you want. To suggest that he is corrupt is silly on the face of it but, of course, one must consider the accuser.

Will Mayor Santos finally get his 10 Point Plan underway? Maybe 4 times is a charm. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should get started by re-appointing the good Councilwomen's son to the DPW. After all, he did have 100 percent confidence that it was a good decision the first time he did it.

Guest Studies and Observations

Hmmm I dont know about Rush being the "Great Sage" per se..i Do think that most of his pompusness is meant tounge-in-cheek to annoy his detractors more than anything else, but he certainly speaks from the FAR right side of conservatives. That said, I dont think Rush WAS dissapointed at Corzine's win, nor was he surprised.apparently the only person who really WAS surprised was Doug himself, since he is now blaming the President for his Loss (I wonder if it was Pres Bush's fault when he lost the Senate seat as well??). Forrester ran from behind right from the beginning, NJ is a predominantly Democrat state, IF he had stuck with his message, and stuck to the main issie, Taxes, he probably still would have lost, but it wouldnt have been such a big difference. Instead he and Corzine BOTH went into attack mode...The problem is, that there are more dems to begin with in the state, and I think the nonsense with Corzine's Ex turned off enough independants to really open the gap up. As for the Corruption Issue...I'd LIKE to give him the benefit of the doubt..but he WAS mentioned by name in those Norcross tapes from the NJSP investigation..with the implication that when Norcorss spoke, Corzine did what he was told...Is that Proof? No, but it DOES raise the question. In the end his actions will dictate, and we'll just have to wait and see. If he hadnt bullied Codey out of running, i probably would have voted for Codey over Forrester given THAT choice.

Archived