Jon C

Guest opps

Quote of the Day

"When I saw the campaign ad where Andrea Forrester said, 'Doug never let his family down and he won't let New Jersey down,' all I could think was that Jon did let his family down, and he'll probably let New Jersey down, too." -- Jon Corzine's former wife, Joanne (New York Times, 11/02/05)

Quote of the Day

"When I saw the campaign ad where Andrea Forrester said, 'Doug never let his family down and he won't let New Jersey down,' all I could think was that Jon did let his family down, and he'll probably let New Jersey down, too." -- Jon Corzine's former wife, Joanne (New York Times, 11/02/05)

Quote for all Times

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"

The bitter ex-wife---an unimpeachable source for an unbiased opinion?

BTW: the rest of Corzine's family (his kids) were in the cheering section at the Kean College rally. I guess they don't feel "let down".

Guest Guest 99
Quote for all Times

BTW: the rest of Corzine's family (his kids) were in the cheering section at the Kean College rally. I guess they don't feel "let down".

What did you expect? Jon Boy would take them out of his will. Remember, he buys everyone. :angry:

Guest Sorry Jonny

We will never see change in NJ taxes if Jon Corzine is elected. We need real change in Trenton. Let's be real the dems have been there for how long now and what has changed? I know it's a personal matter but if he screwed over his wife what would it take for him to screw us. The man is shallow and selfish. I wish we had a better choice.

Guest Smart Money
What did you expect? Jon Boy would take them out of his will. Remember, he buys everyone. :angry:

Your right he buys everybody. Look what he did to Codey. He went out and bought all the bosses and loyal as they are, they left Codey hanging out to dry. What a group of stand up guys. Codey has a great approval rateing right now. He would have had my vote if he was running. "Think" If they do these things to each other what are they going to do when they are in office. Yea! We need Jon, Like we need a tax increase!

We will never see change in NJ taxes if Jon Corzine is elected. We need real change in Trenton. Let's be real the dems have been there for how long now and what has changed? I know it's a personal matter but if he screwed over his wife what would it take for him to screw us. The man is shallow and selfish. I wish we had a better choice.

Hmm...let's see. Who was the pre-Dems governor of our fair state? Oh yeah, Christie (Let Me Drop the Sex Fiends in Kearny, While I Raid the Pension System in Trenton and My Husband Collects a Farm Subsidy for the Three Tomato Plants in Our Front Yard) Whitman. And let us not forget the 469 million dollar deficit for E-Z Pass on Christie's watch. Gimme more of that!

You're right about one thing. The guy's private life is personal. It has no place in campaign ads. Personally, I see the ad as an act of desperation which coincided with the new poll showing Corzine going ahead by 12 percentage points. I think it's sleazy and exploitative and it will backfire on Forrester. Funny, just 6 hours before in New Brunswick, Forrester vowed that he would never use the ex-Mrs. Corzine's quote in the campaign. Funny what some people will do when the handwriting is on the wall!

Hmm...let's see. Who was the pre-Dems governor of our fair state? Oh yeah, Christie (Let Me Drop the Sex Fiends in Kearny, While I Raid the Pension System in Trenton and My Husband Collects a Farm Subsidy for the Three Tomato Plants in Our Front Yard) Whitman. Gimme more of that!

You're right about one thing. The guy's private life is personal. It has no place in campaign ads. Personally, I see the ad as an act of desperation which coincided with the new poll showing Corzine going ahead by 12 percentage points. I think it's sleazy and exploitative and it will backfire on Forrester. Funny, just 6 hours before in New Brunswick, Forrester vowed that he would never use the ex-Mrs. Corzine's quote in the campaign. Funny what some people will do when the handwriting is on the wall!

Point taken.

Hmm...let's see. Who was the pre-Dems governor of our fair state? Oh yeah, Christie (Let Me Drop the Sex Fiends in Kearny, While I Raid the Pension System in Trenton and My Husband Collects a Farm Subsidy for the Three Tomato Plants in Our Front Yard) Whitman. Gimme more of that!

Yeah, ethics, morals, character, and and how you treat your family have no place in a political campaign. :blink:

Quote for all Times

Now Realist is anti-woman. Maybe she is a self hating Barbara Sherry after all. :blink:

So, the New York Times works for the Forrester campaign, or would you prefer to believe, so close to the election the "Grey Lady" of newspapers decided to help Forrester. You are beyond help and this hatred will eat you up. Try golf or some other hobby; otherwise I fear hypertension will get the best of you.

Guest You may be right, I may be crazy

I saw a little clip on the news this morning. A reporter asked Forrester if he had ever cheated on his wife. He froze like a deer in the headlights. He gave some lame response like, I am very proud of the life we have toghether. When pressed for an answer he said, I'm very proud of the 20 years of marraige we've shared. When pressed further he said, do you mean did I ever have sex with anyone else? No. What the hell is that suppose to mean? Perhaps the next question should have been, Can you please define sex for us? Why didn't...couldn't he simply respond yes or no? The question wasn't really that complicated..or was it?

So, the New York Times works for the Forrester campaign, or would you prefer to believe, so close to the election the "Grey Lady" of newspapers decided to help Forrester.  You are beyond help and this hatred will eat you up.  Try golf or some other hobby; otherwise I fear hypertension will get the best of you.

I hate no one. I shoot in the high 90s, with my short game being far superior to my tee shots. My blood pressure is 120/65. Thanks for your concern; it warms the cockles of my heart and various other body parts.

Now Realist is anti-woman.  Maybe she is a self hating Barbara Sherry after all. :blink:

I love women. Some of my best daughters are women. As a matter of fact my sainted mother was a woman. I just don't like opportunists, male or female, who seek personal revenge in a public forum.

I certainly hope Corzine can enforce that privacy clause in the alimony settlement. This may be the costliest "gotcha" Mrs. Corzine ever enjoyed!

PS: Apparently you are not acquainted with Mrs. Sherry. She is one of the most self-confident, well-adjusted people around. No self-hating in that psyche.

I love women. Some of my best daughters are women. As a matter of fact my sainted mother was a woman. I just don't like opportunists, male or female, who seek personal revenge in a public forum.

That's funny, it seems you support quite a few of those types of people.

Quote for all Times

Are you implying that women can't control their emotions?

I saw a little clip on the news this morning.  A reporter asked Forrester if he had ever cheated on his wife.  He froze like a deer in the headlights.  He gave some lame response like, I am very proud of the life we have toghether.  When pressed for an answer he said, I'm very proud of the 20 years of marraige we've shared.  When pressed further he said, do you mean did I ever have sex with anyone else? No.  What the hell is that suppose to mean? Perhaps the next question should have been, Can you please define sex for us?  Why didn't...couldn't he simply respond yes or no? The question wasn't really that complicated..or was it?

Slick Willy got away with it, why not Dirty Dawg Doug.

Guest Jonny we hardly know ye

Corzine should never have thrown his hat in the ring. He should have waited and let Codey run. As indicated by recent polls Codey is ahead of both Corzine and Forrester. It's clear that people would prefer Codey over Corzine.

Actually Corzine bought his position and screwed Codey. NJ will regret electing Corzine and so will the party bosses.

Corzine should never have thrown his hat in the ring. He should have waited and let Codey run. As indicated by recent polls Codey is ahead of both Corzine and Forrester. It's clear that people would prefer Codey over Corzine.

Actually Corzine bought his position and screwed Codey. NJ will regret electing Corzine and so will the party bosses.

Truth is, Corzine had the opportunity to reject the state party bosses, and didn't. So if elected, I expect more of the same from Corzine and NJ politics. He also maintains a close relationship with Charles Kushner, the financier who brought about the McGreevey administration.

But, he is a Democrat, so obviously, according to some, it is impossible that he might be corrupt. Let's redo the slogan, "Corruption and NJ Politics perfect together."

Please don't think a rant against Corzine implies one party corruption, I think in NJ, there is plenty. The question that remains is, when do we get fed up enough to do something about it. Myself, at least for the short term, I like the idea of GRIP (get rid of incumbent politicians), each year, every year until they get the idea.

Guest Farbauti
Truth is, Corzine had the opportunity to reject the state party bosses, and didn't.  So if elected, I expect more of the same from Corzine and NJ politics.  He also maintains a close relationship with Charles Kushner, the financier who brought about the McGreevey administration.

But, he is a Democrat, so obviously, according to some, it is impossible that he might be corrupt.  Let's redo the slogan, "Corruption and NJ Politics perfect together."

Please don't think a rant against Corzine implies one party corruption, I think in NJ, there is plenty.  The question that remains is, when do we get fed up enough to do something about it.  Myself, at least for the short term, I like the idea of GRIP (get rid of incumbent politicians), each year, every year until they get the idea.

you go boy

Guest Studies and Observations
Truth is, Corzine had the opportunity to reject the state party bosses, and didn't.  So if elected, I expect more of the same from Corzine and NJ politics.  He also maintains a close relationship with Charles Kushner, the financier who brought about the McGreevey administration.

But, he is a Democrat, so obviously, according to some, it is impossible that he might be corrupt.  Let's redo the slogan, "Corruption and NJ Politics perfect together."

Please don't think a rant against Corzine implies one party corruption, I think in NJ, there is plenty.  The question that remains is, when do we get fed up enough to do something about it.  Myself, at least for the short term, I like the idea of GRIP (get rid of incumbent politicians), each year, every year until they get the idea.

Lets not forget the Norcross tapes either..he implied in them that he had a lot of influence over Corzine..Plus, the Wife also mentioned Norcross as well.

All I'm saying is, if Corzine wins, the next hand that grabs your wallet will be reaching all the way from Trenton, maybe even 404 Kearny Avenue.

Look out, and good luck to all.

Guest NJ screwed
All I'm saying is, if Corzine wins, the next hand that grabs your wallet will be reaching all the way from Trenton, maybe even 404 Kearny Avenue.

Look out, and good luck to all.

I'm afraid that Corzine is going to win. But your right loki he will be sticking his hand in our pockets. I would like to know how this unknown individual (Jon) got the nod to be our senitor, who knew him before that? Now he is going to be our govenor. I liked Codey and this guy robbed him. I would really like to see him go down, but that's not likely. I know one thing he does not have NJ's best intersts in mind. I don't know how much people are willing to put up with before they wake up. It seems we keep sticking our collective hand in the fire. I just don't know.

Guest Studies and Observations

Well, Corzine won...Property taxes will go down, but look to see your Income taxes increase to compensate. Forrester actually did better than i expected, considering that there are 1.2 million registered Democrats, as opposed to about 900,000 Republicans, in what is basically counted as a blue state anyway.

Well, Corzine won...Property taxes will go down, but look to see your Income taxes increase to compensate.  Forrester actually did better than i expected, considering that there are 1.2 million registered Democrats, as opposed to about 900,000 Republicans, in what is basically counted as a blue state anyway.

Your right about that (income tax) with out a doubt they will raise it. These clowns get away with doing what ever they want. the citizens of this state should be able to vote on if they want their taxes raised. If we ever want to control the tax problem we the people need to have a say in it. You think this guy(Corzine) is going to change things? It' business as always and it's not going to change.

Archived