Price Tag of Next Year's Mayoral Campaign

Guest Guest

Doran spent nearly $12,000 in 1998 to do Higgins in.

Multiply that figure by 4 (wards), adjust for inflation, we’re talking a minimum of $60,000 here.

Only Doran, McDonough/Higgins or Fife can raise that amount of money for a job that pays only around $2500 per year.

Guest Guest_Observer_*

Maybe Doran will bring back his *** *** friend to run his campaign. My prediction, he won't run, and if he did he would be trounced by Ray McDonough. :blink:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Maybe Doran will bring back his *** *** friend to run his campaign. My prediction, he won't run, and if he did he would be trounced by Ray McDonough. :rolleyes:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Thanks, Bud, for making one of the most idiotic and comical comments on this Board yet!

Doran "would be trounced by Ray McDonough?”

Even Peter's got to be laughing at that one!

The only mistake Doran made back in ’98 is that he didn’t run for mayor.

Trust me, both Peter and Raymond don’t want a re-match with Doran.

They’ll do anything to make certain that doesn’t happen.

But if he does run, this is a given: Doran will be Mayor in ’07.

And that, my friend, is the nearest to an absolute truth that you’ll ever get this side of the grave.

I would not vote for Doran because he sold out. When he ran he published a newsletter promising that he would be different than Peter Higgins. At least with Pete you knew what he stood for -- himself. Doran promised change and made fun of Higgins. What we got was more of the same. Doran had the opportunity to team up with Millan and possible form a coalition with another councilman but instead he sold out for a job and has been a "Yes Mayor" man almost right from the beginning. He owns Harrison Realty and with the new redevelopment has conflicts of interest. Fife works for Harrison Realty and is a commissioner on the Harrison Redevelopment Board. Doran will never be Mayor. Millan earned my respect. He continues to fight (example School Construction) for the residents in Harrison. Where was Doran during that fight? Home. Millan was defeated at the polls but he was victorious in the eyes of many having stood up for the taxpayers. Since his departure from the council, the Mayor has gotten the town into more debt, higher payroll, and the selling of the town for favors.

I await the cleaning up of Harrison by the powers that be. I look forward to the day when we have a mayor and council who take seriously their oath of office.

Remember when you die, your money stays here.

I would not vote for Doran because he sold out.  When he ran he published a newsletter promising that he would be different than Peter Higgins.  At least with Pete you knew what he stood for -- himself.  Doran promised change and made fun of Higgins.  What we got was more of the same.  Doran had the opportunity to team up with Millan and possible form a coalition with another councilman but instead he sold out for a job and has been a "Yes Mayor" man almost right from the beginning.  He owns Harrison Realty and with the new redevelopment has conflicts of interest.  Fife works for Harrison Realty and is a commissioner on the Harrison Redevelopment Board.  Doran will never be Mayor.  Millan earned my respect.  He continues to fight (example School Construction) for the residents in Harrison.  Where was Doran during that fight?  Home.  Millan was defeated at the polls but he was victorious in the eyes of many having stood up for the taxpayers.  Since his departure from the council, the Mayor has gotten the town into more debt, higher payroll, and the selling of the town for favors.

I await the cleaning up of Harrison by the powers that be.  I look forward to the day when we have a mayor and council who take seriously their oath of office.

Remember when you die, your money stays here.

Hey, monkey brain, exactly what job did Doran sell out for?

As far as I know, Doran’s been in the job he now has since 1982.

He has 2 master degrees and a Ph.D. in Education. He also has tenure- which means no one can touch his ass!!! Even Janiszewski learned that lesson!

Do you actually think those two stooges Higgins and McDonough could ever come up with a job package to beat that?

And get your facts right about Harrison Realty.

No wonder Millan is left without any of his “people.” Stupidity- when combined with illiteracy- is a terrible disease.

Guest 4th Ward Voter
Hey, monkey brain, exactly what job did Doran sell out for?

As far as I know, Doran’s been in the job he now has since 1982.

He has 2 master degrees and a Ph.D. in Education.  He also has tenure- which means no one can touch his ass!!!  Even Janiszewski learned that lesson!

Do you actually think those two stooges Higgins and McDonough could ever come up with a job package to beat that?

And get your facts right about Harrison Realty.

No wonder Millan is left without any of his “people.”  Stupidity- when combined with illiteracy- is a terrible disease.

Sounds like someone hit a nerve. I agree Doran had potential but sold out. If he had tenure than he has no excuse for being the wimp that he is. Has he ever voted No? Has he used his 2 master degrees and his Ph.d to think for himself?

As far as Harrison Realty. He is the broker of record correct. Why is the poster wrong?

As far as Millan. The man (as oppose to Doran) is far from stupid and he for sure is not illiterate.

When is the next Councilman Doran newletter coming out? It will be Volume 1, Number 2. I have Volume 1, Number 1.

Sounds like someone hit a nerve.  I agree Doran had potential but sold out.  If he had tenure than he has no excuse for being the wimp that he is.  Has he ever voted No?  Has he used his 2 master degrees and his Ph.d to think for himself?

As far as Harrison Realty.  He is the broker of record correct.  Why is the poster wrong?

As far as Millan.  The man (as oppose to Doran) is far from stupid and he for sure is not illiterate.

When is the next Councilman Doran newletter coming out? It will be Volume 1, Number 2.  I have Volume 1, Number 1.

Glad for the civil discourse.

But two corrections are in order here.

Doran is neither the Owner or Broker of Record for Harrison Realty.

And, two, that would be "Volume 1, Number 4."

Glad for the civil discourse.

But two corrections are in order here.

Doran is neither the Owner or Broker of Record for Harrison Realty.

And, two, that would be "Volume 1, Number 4."

What is he now the silent partner with Choffo?

I must be off his mailing list because I missed issues number 2 and 3. He promised a monthly newsletter. I'll have to dig it out of storage and give you an exact quote. Doran sold out and cheap. You can defend him all you want but if he had tenure (as you say) then he should have been in there fighting and looking out for the taxpayers. He is worse than I thought. He simply has no balls.

What is he now the silent partner with Choffo?

I must be off his mailing list because I missed issues number 2 and 3.  He promised a monthly newsletter.  I'll have to dig it out of storage and give you an exact quote.  Doran sold out and cheap.  You can defend him all you want but if he had tenure (as you say) then he should have been in there fighting and looking out for the taxpayers.  He is worse than I thought.  He simply has no balls.

Well, it's too bad you didn't get Issues 2 and 3.

They certainly were well written.

Oh, he was just a founding father of the company and when it started to thrive, he sold his part to his buddys.

Sounds to me like he is a silent partner. Doran is too smart to leave a thriving business to his friends. Doran most likely recognized the conflict of interest (ethical violation) and became the silent partner. Whose broker license are they using?

Doran is silent on the development and Fife continues to vote yes. Doran no doubt is in on the deal.

Doran and FER were the ones who founded Harrison Realty. Doran sold it to Choffo after the old man’s death.

Doran is a close friend of the Mandlebaum family- they own the Harrison Shopping Plaza where Harrison Realty had its first office.

Doran also is a close friend of Ike Heller.

Fife is an agent with Harrison Realty.

Archived