Corruption in Harrison!

Guest Johny Harrison

Guest Johny Harrison

What a shame that people believe that it can possibly exist in Harrison. "Corruption" in a 1.2 sq. mile town. :lol:

Well, with the re-development taking so long and people getting paid.........since 1999

Guest 2smart4u
What a shame that people believe that it can possibly exist in Harrison.  "Corruption" in a 1.2 sq. mile town. :(

Well, with the re-development taking so long and people getting paid.........since 1999

The real shame is the Harrison voters that keep electing these people to office. I only hope someone other than a councilman will step forward and run for mayor. WE CAN'T ELECT A COUNCILMAN TO BE MAYOR. IT WILL ONLY BE MORE OF THE SAME ; 5:30 council meetings, no public input at meetings, millions spent without public approval or input. This next election will show what the voters of Harrison are made of.

Guest who's in control
2005/02/10 Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 4, 481 words 

Harrison nets almost $2 million in grants for future projects  Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

... McDonough said the grant funding represents an increase from previous years. "I guess we're on the radar screen with the state because the redevelopment is going to happen," McDonough said. "It seems to me we've been getting more grants than in previous years.

I know someone that reads KOTW
People believe Harrison is going to change drastically in the years to come." McDonough said the town is also awaiting word on pending legislation that would designate Harrison and three other New Jersey municipalities as...
I'm sure it's something to be proud of, like: Being an Abott district; Being a Distressed City; Playing Russian roullete with our kids health; Causing a major disaster by bringing in the MetroStars

Guest Tom buddy Ray
2003/07/27 Sun Pg 001 Star Ledger

, 3511 words 

Jersey's pipelines of cash and favors -- These water and sewer agencies hand out plenty of work and patronage to those with the right connections 

TED SHERMAN

... $105,361; Harrison Mayor Raymond McDonough, a $68,337-a-year pipefitter, and Joseph Smith, the mayor of East Newark, who makes $74,638 as a senior industrial McDonough, a licensed plumber with more than 30 years of experience, said he asked Commissioner Thomas Powell - who works for the city of Harrison - for an application. But he said his hiring was not based on patronage or friendship. "I work with my hands. I work with tools every day. They need plumbers, carpenters and welders... 

What do we have to do??? JOBS FOR FRIENDS.COM

Archived