Mandee Parking Lot...

Guest Guest

I would like to know where are the lights in the municipal lot across from Mandee on the Ave.? First of all I usually don't go on the Ave. at night because of all the "garbage", unfortuneately I had to pick up a prescription at the drug store and had no choice but to park in the lot. When I came out and went to my car, I tripped in the darkened parking lot. I would like to know who owns this lot, because the next time I have to venture out in an emergency and have to park in this lot, if I fall because of no lights, I damn sure will sue... We have to pay to park there, so where does the money go? Or is Kearny getting just like Harrison, it goes in someones pocket?????????????????

Guest Guest_Neighbor_*
I would like to know where are the lights in the municipal lot across from Mandee on the Ave.?  First of all I usually don't go on the Ave. at night because of all the "garbage", unfortuneately I had to pick up a prescription at the drug store and had no choice but to park in the lot.  When I came out and went to my car, I tripped in the darkened parking lot.  I would like to know who owns this lot, because the next time I have to venture out in an emergency and have to park in this lot, if I fall because of no lights, I damn sure will sue...  We have to pay to park there, so where does the money go?  Or is Kearny getting just like Harrison, it goes in someones pocket?????????????????

The lot is owned by Mandee but leased by the town. The town was going to put in lights, but felt the cost would be too much. I guess they didn't have any money left after hiring 4 people to issue tickets in the lot.

The lot is owned by Mandee but leased by the town.  The town was going to put in lights, but felt the cost would be too much.  I guess they didn't have any money left after hiring 4 people to issue tickets in the lot.

That's good to know. That parking lot sure is a dark spot. I guess the town didn't think when they decided to lease it from Mandee's. Hope they have lots of money to pay all the people who will be sueing them from falls in that lot.

I would like to know where are the lights in the municipal lot across from Mandee on the Ave.?  First of all I usually don't go on the Ave. at night because of all the "garbage", unfortuneately I had to pick up a prescription at the drug store and had no choice but to park in the lot.  When I came out and went to my car, I tripped in the darkened parking lot.  I would like to know who owns this lot, because the next time I have to venture out in an emergency and have to park in this lot, if I fall because of no lights, I damn sure will sue...  We have to pay to park there, so where does the money go?  Or is Kearny getting just like Harrison, it goes in someones pocket?????????????????

You're right. They should do something about that lot, like closing it. The town doesn't need any law suits. Put some low income goverment housing there instead. There are plenty of people that would love to move to Kearny if the price was right. What a great contribution this would be to the area.

What are you talking about? I stroll the Kearny Avenue on a regular basis and THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS.

Thank You,

Councilwoman Sherry

KOTW Note: Please note the above post is from a non-member signing as Councilwoman Sherry. This may not be a post by the councilwoman. You knew that already didn't you?

What are you talking about? I stroll the Kearny Avenue on a regular basis and THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS.

Thank You,

Councilwoman Sherry

KOTW Note: Please note the above post is from a non-member signing as Councilwoman Sherry.  This may not be a post by the councilwoman.  You knew that already didn't you?

You have got to be kidding?????????? There isn't a night that goes by that something or someone is causing a ruckus on the Ave., or the homeless men are sitting on the benches and urinating right in public... Do the cops who walk the beat, see this? apparently not, they encourage them or we would not have to tolerate the "hanging" out. The business owners on the Ave. paid a hefty fee for the benches , and if a taxpaying citizen tries to sit there, they have to endure the smell and god knows what else. Councilwoman Sherry, you certainly won't get my vote next time around

You have got to be kidding??????????  There isn't a night that goes by that something or someone is causing a ruckus on the Ave., or the homeless men are sitting on the benches and urinating right in public... Do the cops who walk the beat, see this?  apparently not, they encourage them or we would not have to tolerate the "hanging" out. The business owners on the Ave. paid a hefty fee for the benches , and if a taxpaying citizen tries to sit there, they have to endure the smell and god knows what else.  Councilwoman Sherry, you certainly won't get my vote next time around

Hey, hey! Did you read KOTW's note? That wasn't Mrs. Sherry's post. But I'm sure she'll be heartbroken about not getting your vote. She'll probably only win 3-1 this time.

Oh, I have no doubt you will... then complain about the high municipal legal bills!

No, the high municipal legal bills will be the result of our business administrator, not the darkness in the Mandee lot.

Just saw that the town appealed the arbitrator decision for the Fire officer's contract decision. That is obviously going to be cheap. More good money after bad. Someone should step in with some common sense after 5 + years. Read it on the state website, (know how you love to have sources provided).

Archived