he has got to go!

Guest barney from kearny

Guest barney from kearny

I can't forget we have the jail, dumps, sex offenders, amayor and council who are looking to feather their own nests.

Look south they are an abbott district. Their taxes are lower. Their redevelopment is moving along.

Their mayor is a plummer. Our's is a Lawyer. Is something wrong with this picture or am I missing something?

We have to have a change of thinking. I like the guy but he just does not have it!

His council knows it too.

Kearny cannot just become an Abbott district because the mayor wants it. Kearny fits much of the criteria, but unfortunately (or fortunately, if you ask me) not the financial need of an Abbot district. You see, we have too many people in Kearny who are able to support themselves and their children. Too many people who have jobs. I know that probably is a problem for you, but, it's what has kept Kearny from hitting the complete bottom like, I'm sorry to say, Harrison has.

PS. I'm not a fan of the mayor and council, but place blame where blame belongs. Even though a working plumber makes significantly more than an out of work lawyer, the mayor's financial status alone cannot make Kearny fit finanacial need for Abbot funding. You see, the rest of us have jobs (like the mayor of Harrison).:lol:

I can't forget we have the jail, dumps, sex offenders, amayor and council who are looking to feather their own nests.

Look south they are an abbott district. Their taxes are lower. Their redevelopment is moving along.

Their mayor is a plummer. Our's is a Lawyer. Is something  wrong with this picture or am I missing something?

We have to have a change of thinking. I like the guy but he just does not have it!

Kearny cannot just become an Abbott district because the mayor wants it.  Kearny fits much of the criteria, but unfortunately (or fortunately, if you ask me) not the financial need of an Abbot district.  You see, we have too many people in Kearny who are able to support themselves and their children.  Too many people who have jobs.  I know that probably is a problem for you, but, it's what has kept Kearny from hitting the complete bottom like, I'm sorry to say, Harrison has.

PS.  I'm not a fan of the mayor and council, but place blame where blame belongs.  Even though a working plumber makes significantly more than an out of work lawyer, the mayor's financial status alone cannot make Kearny fit finanacial need for Abbot funding.  You see, the rest of us have jobs (like the mayor of Harrison).:lol:

Please tell me that the good people of Kearny do not ASPIRE to be one of the state's 30 POOREST districts. Don't get me wrong, the state monies would be welcome, but surely it is better to move out of this situation progressively rather than passively holding out our hands for state money. No state money ever comes without strings.

Kearny cannot just become an Abbott district because the mayor wants it.  Kearny fits much of the criteria, but unfortunately (or fortunately, if you ask me) not the financial need of an Abbot district.  You see, we have too many people in Kearny who are able to support themselves and their children.  Too many people who have jobs.  I know that probably is a problem for you, but, it's what has kept Kearny from hitting the complete bottom like, I'm sorry to say, Harrison has.

PS.  I'm not a fan of the mayor and council, but place blame where blame belongs.  Even though a working plumber makes significantly more than an out of work lawyer, the mayor's financial status alone cannot make Kearny fit finanacial need for Abbot funding.  You see, the rest of us have jobs (like the mayor of Harrison).:lol:

Thanks for educating me.Sorry Mayor!

I don't understand how they came up that one.

What about all the poor people in Kearny. I have friends in Harrison they get free daycare and afterschool care. They have fully stocked classrooms,aides,the works.

It dosen't matter if your poor or rich. My friends are very well off and they benefit from this.

Do we have to go broke to get all that for our children ? What is the school board

board doing to protest this situation.

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA

Their mayor is a plummer. Our's is a Lawyer. Is something  wrong with this picture or am I missing something?

Mayor Santos must be the most in-ept Public Official in the history of Kearny. Taxes have dramatically gone over the roof, emergency room hospital has vanished, more discord in the muncipal building and fighting among Public employees than in Iraq, complete disempowerment and degradation of the Public schools,more loss of tax dollars through potential litigations than any of the surrounding municipalities.I know first hand that all Law Suits are settled out of court, due to the fact that the Mayor makes an offer because, being an attorney, he knows he will lose, so, they always resolve all litigations out of court using the Tax Payers Monies to BUY OUT their" activities".I was at one time one of Mayor Santos and Mary Torres' biggest supporters.ITS TIME FOR THEM TO GO. CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY CONCEIVE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE KEEP MARY TORRES ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION FOR ANOTHER 21 YEARS AND MAYOR SANTOS FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS???We have already become practically an ABBOT SCHOOL DISTRICT and the property value in Kearny is erroding second by second. Mayor Santos and his assistance, Mary Torres must GO!!!!!

Guest Radagast
Please tell me that the good people of Kearny do not ASPIRE to be one of the state's 30 POOREST districts.  Don't get me wrong, the state monies would be welcome, but surely it is better to move out of this situation progressively rather than passively holding out our hands for state money.  No state money ever comes without strings.

Loki, As much as I love to fight with you, we are of one mind on this issue. I want to believe my Town and the folks who live here are better than that. Kearny has been through this carrot and stick routine from the State before. Schools are run best when run locally with as little state standards as possible. Overly invasive statewide generic standards always scare me.

Murphy's Law # 38 - "One size fits all doesn't fit anyone"

Please tell me that the good people of Kearny do not ASPIRE to be one of the state's 30 POOREST districts.  Don't get me wrong, the state monies would be welcome, but surely it is better to move out of this situation progressively rather than passively holding out our hands for state money.  No state money ever comes without strings.

Sounds like another brilliant scheme brought to you by the BOE and Mary Torres.

Mary Torres, 21 years of........what exactly?

Guest Grumpy

Pick up the proper paper work from the town clerk, get the propper number of signatures, and run for office yourself! If you don't want to get off your ass, quit bitching!!!!!!

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
Mayor Santos must be the most in-ept  Public Official in the history of Kearny. Taxes have dramatically gone over the roof, emergency room hospital has vanished, more discord in the muncipal building and fighting among Public employees than in Iraq, complete disempowerment and degradation of the Public schools,more loss of tax dollars through potential litigations  than any of the surrounding municipalities.I know first hand that all Law Suits are settled out of court, due to the fact that the Mayor makes an offer because, being an attorney, he knows he will lose, so, they always resolve all litigations out of court using the Tax Payers Monies to BUY OUT their" activities".I was at one time one of  Mayor Santos and Mary Torres' biggest supporters.ITS TIME FOR THEM TO GO. CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY CONCEIVE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE KEEP MARY TORRES ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION FOR ANOTHER 21 YEARS AND MAYOR SANTOS FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS???We have already become practically an ABBOT SCHOOL DISTRICT and the property value in Kearny is erroding second by second. Mayor Santos and his assistance, Mary Torres must GO!!!!!

You see I also feel Mayor Santos is NO GOOD Ms. Darla Hood, Not just Mary Torres.

Guest Knucklehead
Mayor Santos must be the most in-ept  Public Official in the history of Kearny. Taxes have dramatically gone over the roof, emergency room hospital has vanished, more discord in the muncipal building and fighting among Public employees than in Iraq, complete disempowerment and degradation of the Public schools,more loss of tax dollars through potential litigations  than any of the surrounding municipalities.I know first hand that all Law Suits are settled out of court, due to the fact that the Mayor makes an offer because, being an attorney, he knows he will lose, so, they always resolve all litigations out of court using the Tax Payers Monies to BUY OUT their" activities".I was at one time one of  Mayor Santos and Mary Torres' biggest supporters.ITS TIME FOR THEM TO GO. CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY CONCEIVE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE KEEP MARY TORRES ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION FOR ANOTHER 21 YEARS AND MAYOR SANTOS FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS???We have already become practically an ABBOT SCHOOL DISTRICT and the property value in Kearny is erroding second by second. Mayor Santos and his assistance, Mary Torres must GO!!!!!

As opposed to the most in-ept EX-Principal in the history of Kearny.

Guest Nert Biaz
Is that why Diaz got even a hire paying job as a principal with automatic tenure?

"Hire" pay and automatic tenure are the only way to attract even the worst administrators to that hell hole called the Newark School System.

Archived