OUTRAGE ??

Guest Town Resident

Guest Town Resident

Where is the outrage over this proposed 38 million bond issue ? The mayor is planning on putting 38 million on the backs of the town residents and no one is complaining or calling their council representatives ?? What does it take to get the taxpayers of Harrison angry ?? What does it take to get the taxpayers of Harrison so angry that they crowd the council meetings and demand to be heard ?? OR ......are the taxpayers of Harrison like sheep, quietly paying their ever-rising taxes, not having anywhere for their kids to play and watching the politicians do what they want without ever asking what the residents want ??

Guest 2smart4u
Where is the outrage over this proposed 38 million bond issue ?  The mayor is planning on putting 38 million on the backs of the town residents and no one is complaining or calling their council representatives ??  What does it take to get  the taxpayers of Harrison angry ??  What does it take to get the taxpayers of Harrison so angry that they crowd the council meetings and demand to be heard ??  OR ......are the taxpayers of Harrison like sheep, quietly paying their ever-rising taxes, not having anywhere for their kids to play and watching the politicians do what they want without ever asking what the residents want ??

Town Resident, I thought your post would draw a lot of comments. The fact that no one has commented on it answers your question concerning "sheep". The residents of Harrison don't understand their rights. They cannot speak what's on their mind at council meetings, they had no input on this stadium issue, bond issue, and on and on. I don't see where "government by the people" is practiced in Harrison. And apparently the tax payers are OK with it.

Town Resident, I thought your post would draw a lot of comments. The fact that no one has commented on it answers your question concerning "sheep".
"Sheep", good word, but who is their Shepard? The Mayor?
  The residents of Harrison don't understand their rights.
Now isn't that a shame, to much is being done by the Shepard in hush hush.
They cannot speak what's on their mind at council meetings,
I you know what time the meetings are?!!
they had no input on this stadium issue, bond issue, and on and on. I don't see where "government by the people" is practiced in Harrison.
That, that is when the county officials should come important, help replace the Shepard.
And apparently the tax payers are OK with it.
these people vote to keep their jobs, their families jobs. They vote not for the best person, but for who their told. Soon they just wont be able to bear enough. Every 18 yr old who won't have a HOME field to play on; can and should vote. Every parent too!

Vote for who shows you solid points.

Our education first, the leaders of our future.

Someone who will secure our town, beautify it and bring it back to a place where one is proud to live.

Guest Town Resident
"Sheep", good word, but who is their Shepard?  The Mayor? Now isn't that a shame, to much is being done by the Shepard in hush hush.  I you know what time the meetings are?!!  That, that is when the county officials should come important, help replace the Shepard. these people vote to keep their jobs, their families jobs. They vote not for the best person, but for who their told.  Soon they just wont be able to bear enough.  Every 18 yr old who won't have a HOME field to play on; can and should vote. Every parent too!

Vote for who shows you solid points. 

Our education first, the leaders of our future.

Someone who will secure our town, beautify it and bring it back to a place where one is proud to live.

I think it's too late for that. We had a chance with this redevelopment, but the mayor blew it. There was an opportunity to combine a reasonable amount of new housing, commercial space and recreation areas for our town residents. But instead we're getting 7,000 new housing units and all other buildable areas will be commercial space and a soccer stadium and parking deck. With a professional planner, there could have been a river walk with grass and trees and park benches. But I think it's obvious there was no thought given to the town residents when these plans were made. The only consideration was how many buildings can I cram into this area. Trees and grass and benches ?? Forger it !! They don't pay taxes!!

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the outrage over this proposed 38 million bond issue ?  The mayor is planning on putting 38 million on the backs of the town residents and no one is complaining or calling their council representatives ??  What does it take to get  the taxpayers of Harrison angry ??  What does it take to get the taxpayers of Harrison so angry that they crowd the council meetings and demand to be heard ??  OR ......are the taxpayers of Harrison like sheep, quietly paying their ever-rising taxes, not having anywhere for their kids to play and watching the politicians do what they want without ever asking what the residents want ??

If you rock the sinking ship your family won't be asked to get on the life boats....

Guest Town Resident
: well lets vote them out

I'm hoping that there's enough residents as angry as me that will vote to dump this entire pathetic group in the next election. We need someone to step forward, someone with honesty and integrity that will run the town with common sense and common values. The future of Harrison depends on it.

Guest Another Town Resident
I'm hoping that there's enough residents as angry as me that will vote to dump this entire pathetic group in the next election. We need someone to step forward, someone with honesty and integrity that will run the town with common sense and common values. The future of Harrison depends on it.

Give me anyone to vote for, ANYONE, besides this present band of idiots.

Archived