Increase taxes

Guest tax poor

Guest tax poor

Keep paying those bucks people all those over paid administrators need to buy boats and live the good life. Hey It's only fair they have degrees. Please continue to toil and sweat for your money and while your writing that check think of all the wonderful things you pay for. Think real hard, are you getting your money's worth?

Keep paying those bucks people all those over paid administrators need to buy boats and live the good life. Hey It's only fair they have degrees. Please continue to toil and sweat for your money and while your writing that check think of all the wonderful things you pay for. Think real hard, are you getting your money's worth?

Apparently Kearny voters like the current Mayor, Council, and BOE members or they would have voted them out.

Mary Torres, 21 years and counting.

I have to agree. I do not understand the complacency. Maybe there is a different majority population who does not desire to run for office, and just accepts what is given out because they don't quite know what else to do, or Kearny is so much better than where they came from, they just don't complain. Whatever the reason, Kearny needs some changes.

I have to agree. I do not understand the complacency.  Maybe there is a different majority population who does not desire to run for office, and just accepts what is given out because they don't quite know what else to do, or Kearny is so much better than where they came from, they just don't complain. Whatever the reason, Kearny needs some changes.

Same old, same old! It's the demagraphics, it's complacency, it's ignorance, it's chicanery! Listen to yourselves! Same tired and trite excuses.

Admit it. It's not that the anti-Santos forces haven't really tried to beat the Santosians, they just failed miserably! In the end, after all the whining, debating and plotting, only one fact is relevant---the votes. And Santos and Co. have captured that prize!

Guest taxpaper

Santos and Co. has put us in the RED.

Same old, same old! It's the demagraphics, it's complacency, it's ignorance, it's chicanery! Listen to yourselves! Same tired and trite excuses.

Admit it. It's not that the anti-Santos forces haven't really tried to beat the Santosians, they just failed miserably! In the end, after all the whining, debating and plotting, only one fact is relevant---the votes. And Santos and Co. have captured that prize!

They may have captured the prized Vote, but they have done nothing to lower the taxes!

Same old arrogance. I read that post as an opinion, not an attack on Santos & Co. as you put it. Why so defensive. By the way, there hasn't been a politically smart group who knows how to run a campaign in this town in a very long time.

Guest Looking around

The people have no say in their ever increasing tax bills. Do you really feel your money is well spent? Tax and spend. And spend they do. Next thing you know they will be selling the water company to make ends meet. Only this time they will really sell it!

The people have no say in their ever increasing tax bills. Do you really feel your money is well spent? Tax and spend. And spend they do. Next thing you know they will be selling the water company to make ends meet. Only this time they will really sell it!

Bullshit. The people do have a say. Here are the options: 1) Run and win a seat on the Council or BOE 2) If you are not "equipped" to handle #1, elect a person who is and 3) MOVE. Pick one and run with it.

Tell us how much your house has gone up in value? Tell us what towns in New Jersey are lowering taxes on a regular basis. If there were such locations people would be flocking. They don't exist.

Am I happy when I see a tax increase? Of course not. But where are they not increasing?

The bitching and moaning but lack of true action on this board is unbelievable.

JW

Bullshit.  The people do have a say.  Here are the options: 1) Run and win a seat on the Council or BOE 2) If you are not "equipped" to handle #1, elect a person who is and 3) MOVE.  Pick one and run with it.

Tell us how much your house has gone up in value?  Tell us what towns in New Jersey are lowering taxes on a regular basis.  If there were such locations people would be flocking.  They don't exist.

Am I happy when I see a tax increase?  Of course not.  But where are they not increasing?

JW

Hey joe you have alot to say why don't you run for office? And joe there are communities that have good schools and much lower taxes then ours. So joe please cut the bullshit, ok. Oh by the way how much is the dollar worth today? answer that and you'll know the value of your home. We are over taxed and you know it.

Bullshit.  The people do have a say.  Here are the options: 1) Run and win a seat on the Council or BOE 2) If you are not "equipped" to handle #1, elect a person who is and 3) MOVE.  Pick one and run with it.

Tell us how much your house has gone up in value?  Tell us what towns in New Jersey are lowering taxes on a regular basis.  If there were such locations people would be flocking.  They don't exist.

Am I happy when I see a tax increase?  Of course not.  But where are they not increasing?

JW

What are you going to say when the housing market cools off and you're paying the same taxes for a house that's worth half of what it was.

Hey joe you have alot to say why don't you run for office?  And joe there are communities that have good schools and much lower taxes then ours. So joe please cut the bullshit, ok. Oh  by the way how much is the dollar worth today?  answer that and you'll know the value of your home. We are over taxed and you know it.

I'm not doing the complaining, so why should I run for office? I'm not saying we are not "over taxed", but please provide the names of the communities you speak of and explain why you have not moved there yet? Every community is "over taxed", just speak to the majority of residents and you will hear the same thing you see on this board.

JW

I'm not doing the complaining, so why should I run for office?  I'm not saying we are not "over taxed", but please provide the names of the communities you speak of and explain why you have not moved there yet?  Every community is "over taxed", just speak to the majority of residents and you will hear the same thing you see on this board.

JW

Joe do the research and you will see there are other communities that pay much less then Kearny resident. It's true Joe. The town we grew up in has become a cash cow. Sorry but it's true. Actually I liked Santos out of the gate, but I think he has dug a very large hole these past few years with all the bonding and taxes will climb each quater as a result of this bonding. But hey, this remains to be seen. Take care and don't be fooled. Remember, cheer leaders don't win the game only the players rack up the points.

Joe do the research and you will see there are other communities that pay much less then Kearny resident. It's true Joe. The town we grew up in has become a cash cow. Sorry but it's true. Actually I liked Santos out of the gate, but I think he has dug a very large hole these past few years with all the bonding and taxes will climb each quater as a result of this bonding. But hey, this remains to be seen. Take care and don't be fooled. Remember, cheer leaders don't win the game only the players rack up the points.

Sorry, I don't feel like doing the research. The people complaining should post the results of the research they have done to make the statements they are making. Unless, of course, they didn't do the research in the first place and are just complaining to hear themselves complain. They should put up or shut up.

JW

Sorry, I don't feel like doing the research.  The people complaining should post the results of the research they have done to make the statements they are making.  Unless, of course, they didn't do the research in the first place and are just complaining to hear themselves complain.  They should put up or shut up.

JW

So rather then light a candle you choose to curse the darkness. I'm sure that in other communities the residents feel they pay to much as well. In some cases they probably pay more, but there are communities that pay less then Kearny. It's a fact Joe research or not.

Please show me a time in history when that has happened?

JW

Mid to late 80's housing prices took a dump and were about half of what they are now and taxes kept on going up. In the early and mid 90's prices crept up and taxes went up substantially. In the past few years housing prices have really gone up, so have taxes. The market won't continue like this, prices will go down but taxes won't.

I'm sure that in other communities the residents feel they pay to much as well. In some cases they probably pay more, but there are communities that pay less then Kearny. It's a fact Joe research or not.

Then why have you not moved to any of thses communities?

JW

Guest Guest 1
I don't believe that is true.  Show me the statistics. When in history was the average sale of a house lower than the average owner's purchase price.

JW

It is true and I remember it. Many of my daughter's friends purchased homes when they were at a very high price, the market fell substantially and several sold for less than they paid. I don't have the stats, but I remember the incidents.

It is true and I remember it. Many of my daughter's friends purchased homes when they were at a very high price, the market fell substantially and several sold for less than they paid. I don't have the stats, but I remember the incidents.

I hope you are not talking about condos. That is true about them but houses, I don't recall that. I'd like to see it in numbers. What are those same houses going for today? If this in fact did happen, they should have rode out the down turn and avoided taking a loss.

JW

Of course it's true. Just ask all of the people who ran out and got their real estate licenses in the mid and late eighties when the market was peaking. A couple of years later the market tanked and they couldn't sell anything. It took about 15 years for the prices to rebound to where they are now. I guess if you never sell your house it doesn't matter. But JW wants you to believe that the value of your house is worth the taxes you pay and, depending on the market, this is simply not the case.

Of course his answer will be to get him the statistics. Another of his lame responses.

Archived