Apathy ??

Guest New To Harrison

Guest New To Harrison

I want to know why no one I talk to in town knows about, or cares about, this 38 million bond issue that the mayor is proposing. Everyone I talk to thinks this stadium deal is bad for the town. Yet I don't hear any protests at council meetings. I don't know how the state can approve a 38 million bond issue for a stadium.

I could understand if the town wanted to borrow money for new schools or a fire house or new police station, but a freakin stadium ?? Where the hell are the priorities in this town.

The resident in Harrison had better wake up and start demanding accountability from our elected officials. If this bond issue goes through, a "for sale" sign is going up on my house.

Guest Town Resident
I want to know why no one I talk to in town knows about, or cares about, this 38 million bond issue that the mayor is proposing.  Everyone I talk to thinks this stadium deal is bad for the town. Yet I don't hear any protests at council meetings. I don't know how the state can approve a 38 million bond issue for a stadium.

I could understand if the town wanted to borrow money for new schools or a fire house or new police station, but a freakin stadium ??  Where the hell are the priorities in this town.

The resident in Harrison had better wake up and start demanding accountability from our elected officials. If this bond issue goes through, a "for sale" sign is going up on my house.

Accountability would be great. But before accountability, I would like to see rational thinking and sound decision making. I don't know or understand how a "distressed city" can even consider bonding an incredible 38 million dollars to facilitate the construction of a stadium . First of all, the developers should be paying for the entire package. The fact that the developers managed to talk Harrison into paying 38 million tells me that whoever negotiated this arrangement for the town were like babes in the woods up against the developers attorneys. I think the taxpayers got sold down the river on this one.

I want to know why no one I talk to in town knows about, or cares about, this 38 million bond issue that the mayor is proposing.  Everyone I talk to thinks this stadium deal is bad for the town. Yet I don't hear any protests at council meetings. I don't know how the state can approve a 38 million bond issue for a stadium.

I could understand if the town wanted to borrow money for new schools or a fire house or new police station, but a freakin stadium ??  Where the hell are the priorities in this town.

see ya,newark resident :huh::huh:

Guest New to Harrison
see ya,newark resident :huh:  :huh:

No, actually it will be East Hanover. And you'll still be here paying your high taxes, made higher by an additional 38 million, and nothing to show for it . Who will be laughing then, sucker ??

Archived