Rising Taxes

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest Concerned Citizen

Reading about a 38 million bond issue for the stadium project has me very concerned. I can barely afford my taxes now. Our schools are overcrowded now and there is no room to build more schools. So what do our illustrious town leaders do ?? Sign contracts to build thousands of new homes !!! Logical ??? My common sense tells me that the redevelopment area should be mostly industrial with some open green space. Industries won't impact our schools, houses will !!! I also wonder why the state is approving a 38 million bond issue (assuming they have) for a town that's "distressed". When taxes go up every year as they do in Harrison, that tells you that the town's income doesn't match it's expenses. Very simple, right ?? So you would think that the town wouldn't throw another 38 million on it's "credit card", right ?? This town is spending money like a drunken sailor and I can't afford it.

Reading about a 38 million bond issue for the stadium project has me very concerned.  I can barely afford my taxes now. Our schools are overcrowded now and there is no room to build more schools.  So what do our illustrious town leaders do ??  Sign contracts to build thousands of new homes !!!  Logical  ??? My common sense tells me that the redevelopment area should be mostly industrial with some open green space.  Industries won't impact our schools, houses will !!!  I also wonder why the state is approving a 38 million bond issue (assuming they have) for a town that's "distressed".  When taxes go up every year as they do in Harrison, that tells you that the town's income doesn't match it's expenses. Very simple, right ?? So you would think that the town wouldn't throw another 38 million on it's "credit card", right ??  This town is spending money like a drunken sailor and I can't afford it.

at least the drunken sailor got his monies worth

Archived