Question for Mr. Mangin

Guest Do As I Say Not as I ...

Guest Do As I Say Not as I ...

Earlier this year, you were hired as a part-time financial officer of the Borough of East Newark for $8,500 a year. Do you receive benefits? In particular, does East Newark make pension contributions to the Public Employees Retirement System on your behalf?

Earlier this year, you were hired as a part-time financial officer of the Borough of East Newark for $8,500 a year.  Do you receive benefits?  In particular, does East Newark make pension contributions to the Public Employees Retirement System on your behalf?

All municipalities in New Jersey (and that includes Kearny and East Newark) must make pension contributions for any employee that makes over $1,500. That's the law. East Newark does not provide health benefits to me, nor any of its part-time employees.

Next question.

Jim Mangin

ps - the Kearny Board of Education also make mandatory pension contributions to all of its employees, including part-time aides.

Earlier this year, you were hired as a part-time financial officer of the Borough of East Newark for $8,500 a year.  Do you receive benefits?  In particular, does East Newark make pension contributions to the Public Employees Retirement System on your behalf?

If he does, wouldn't that mean the board should reinstate benefits to the aids. It wasn't Mr. Magin that made the aids part time. It was Ms Torres and the board. Ms Torres receives benefits and pension for a part time position,so what is your point. You constantly twist the issue. Is that what they call spin. Please try again,or do you have another stone to throw.

Guest MangWarp5

Really? Then how do you explain health benefits, prescription benefits, dental benefits as well as pension benefits that you took as a part-time councilman?

Really?  Then how do you explain health benefits, prescription benefits, dental benefits as well as pension benefits that you took as a part-time councilman?

What about the rest of the council? Was he the only one that received benefits? Should they explain as well? The aids were full time and received benefits for a full time position. The board removed that full time status and made the position part time. Maybe the council should reconsider benefits for any part time position. I think your stone missed it's mark.

Archived